Union vs Non Union My Response

the non-union job. with no "PROTECTION".

The people with no honesty,integrity,or work ethic are the ones who need "PROTECTION".
I don't believe in paying "PROTECTION" money to any mob that doesn't have my best interests at heart.

Unions are not just about protecting workers, its about trying to get their fair share.

Why is it ok for the Executives to have contracts but not the employees?

How much say did you have when DL went into Chapter 11 being non-union?

How many Section 1113 negotiations did DL hold with your work group?

The answer is NONE, you had no rights, unlike union workers covered under a cba.

Unions are not perfect but I would rather work under a CBA and not be at the boss will and have them change anything at anytime.

Unions are not just about protecting workers, its about trying to get their fair share.

Why is it ok for the Executives to have contracts but not the employees?

How much say did you have when DL went into Chapter 11 being non-union?

How many Section 1113 negotiations did DL hold with your work group?

The answer is NONE, you had no rights, unlike union workers covered under a cba.

Unions are not perfect but I would rather work under a CBA and not be at the boss will and have them change anything at anytime.
Agree, that's why Delta can't wait for the union votes.
You people are lucky a few unions are hanging around, your pay would have been cut months ago.
They can do whatever with the Delta employees but not while the NW employees are still under a cba.

The people with no honesty,integrity,or work ethic are the ones who need "PROTECTION".
I don't believe in paying "PROTECTION" money to any mob that doesn't have my best interests at heart.

Well, don't pay "1Conehead". You probably can't vote since your management anyway. If you don't want benefit protection etc... DON'T VOTE!! I am going to take a day and act selfish so I can be like a Delta Employee.

I hear this stereotype a lot.

I have seen FAR more innocent people get caught in the crossfire than those that are perceived as slugs.

At the local level, as long as mgmt. has a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality, then a union will be a necessity.

At the system level, as long as they treat the employees as an inconvenience and not an asset, then a union will be a necessity.

Your nom de plume fits you.

Worked both sides of this fence and as a Supervisor, I bet you kiss a$$ more than anyone.
B) xUT

I hear this stereotype a lot.

I guess i should clarify,for those who don't know me.
This statement was made from my own experiences and talking with my fellow brothers and sisters who were IAM-AW from my local.
I have no experience with other unions,so my comments are based only on what i have been through.
No disrespect meant.

I bet you kiss a$$ more than anyone.

If doing my assignments as quickly,and efficiently as i can .and in full compliance with all regs.
Then helping my coworkers do the same to get the A/C out on time, fits your definition
then i guess so.

Bagboy,

I am sorry you do not understand my point of view of the current state of unions. However consider a few things.
1. UAW employees getting a 25 THOUSAND DOLLAR voucher for a new vehicle while the car companies are getting tax dollars, because its a union negotiated requirement. How much does this union negotiated benefit cost the everyday car buyer?
2. Negotiating higher wages at the DIRECT expense of "union brothers & sisters" jobs AMFA
3. One single work group should never have the right to terminate the employment of the entire company by shutting the company down, not to mention completely ruining the plans of thousands of paying flying everyday passengers.
4. Union management living as extravagantly as the very CEO's they complain about at the expense of the everyday hard working man and woman.
5. A union creating a "job bank" where no employee ever gets truly laid off instead they sit around and play cards and receive a full paycheck, sucking the very life out of the company.
6. Union members committed murdered and arson in MN paper mill strike.
7. Of course the IAM would actually have to do something to have a record of anything other than jello, although the did negotiate away hundreds of direct jobs and allowed them to be replaced by contractors at Lear.
8. Union management failing to be honest with its membership about the state of the economy and the financial state of the company and the real labor pool and what is genuinely in the employees best interest.

That covers several industries, I could go on and on. I know unions and their history and I grew up in a union household. I am just willing to look at the entire picture not just a narrowed propoganda designed focus.

You know what "VIMES, I have looked at you the wrong way. I truly believe you are genuine when it comes to your look on Unions. I am sorry you feel that way. Every man think, educate, and react differently in life to become who they are in the present. If you are willing to exchange information about each others stand on union or non-union w/o others replying, you can send me links, article, and facts to me personally. I want to show you what I have researched and studied about the history of contracts, history of companies etc... No Union stuff I promise :closedeyes:

Agree, that's why Delta can't wait for the union votes.
You people are lucky a few unions are hanging around, your pay would have been cut months ago.
They can do whatever with the Delta employees but not while the NW employees are still under a cba.

Thank you "Oh Great You Must Pay Homage To Me 'Cause I saved Your Pay" !

Full of yourself....................aren't you ?

What makes you think I can't perform a work slowdown or stop all together, without a union ?

Don't you do that anyway? That is why you are at the bottom of the industry. DO SOME WORK SUCKA!!!

Hey WorkinG,
Speaking of bottom of the industry (compensation), the AFA just filed with the NMB for representational purposes for the DL/NW flight attendants. Knowing Delta, that means we're right around the corner for PAY INCREASES!