United Mechanics vote on new contract extensio

UAL's medical plans are hardly crappy. They're at least on par with or better than what AMR was offering when I left in 2006. Those who want the cheap high deductible plans can get those, and those who want good coverage with little to no out-of-pocket expenses can get that.

Once upon a time, folks here didn't try quite so hard to lobby one way or another on a contract at a company they didn't work for.

Maybe folks like Swampy and Weasel should back off a bit and let those at UAL run the conversation?

Eric let me be crystal clear. Everyone in the Industry and pretty much all of America has crappy Medical Insurance. We’re all paying a small fortune especially if you have a Family plan to be covered to live. When I retire I’m moving to a Country (Panama) where I’m not going to feel like I’m being raped for Healthcare.

So my point was that any option offered to UAL folks is still going to likely suck since in the United States of America 🇺🇸 it’s a for profit scam no matter what you have.

Sure it would be great to see Hero run the conversation. But who is he conversing with? He has no other UAL AMT’s here.

BTW I sincerely hope you are well and life is going good for you. So few of us (Old timers) left on Forums now.

Make top industry pay with 10x more maintenance crews and less fatigue on the body (for the majority of mechanics). The highest aviation budget for maintenance out of all the majors. Internationally recognize branding, a CEO with previous airline experience, whats not a better place to work as of 2024. Their only weakness is not attracting good talent and hiring the wrong people. Hope other airlines follow suite and not make the same mistakes.

UAL's medical plans are hardly crappy. They're at least on par with or better than what AMR was offering when I left in 2006. Those who want the cheap high deductible plans can get those, and those who want good coverage with little to no out-of-pocket expenses can get that.

Once upon a time, folks here didn't try quite so hard to lobby one way or another on a contract at a company they didn't work for.

Maybe folks like Swampy and Weasel should back off a bit and let those at UAL run the conversation?
E, as I have always posted and will follow is all mechanics contracts within our industry.
The mere fact of me warning our fellow mechanics at UAL not to fall for the teamcare crap with the teamsters gaining control of another benefit, (medical) like they love to do with the pensions at other airlines, is just another move by the crooked teamsters to put a vise grip on the membership to never vote them out. The mechanics that post and read on here already know this as they have stated along with me.
I also stated that they would hopefully leap frog our pay scale by good amount in order to keep the industry as a whole moving upwards.
I want them to do better than us, I need them to do better than us, as well as other airlines, like AA in 2024 when they start nego's, I hope they too leap frog us or anyone else at the top of the industry. It only helps the industry as a whole. And will help us again in 2026 when we start nego's or get offered another extension, we shall see when that time comes.

yeah and if the industry do leap frog you, enjoy negotiating another 7 years. :suck:

Probably outsource 3 more lines. Thats the writing on the wall for your situation.

Last edited:
You do remember those 7 years of negotiations right? You were at like low 40s and every major was at the high 50s at one point in time the pay was a joke. Yeah you cant recover from that one.

Work for a low cost cheapo carrier, deserve a low cost cheapo wage.

Weasels, I would probably come back here more often if people were actually talking about issues in a civil manner.

As annoying as swampy might be, it's not his fault that you guys find it necessary to always go on the attack.

Doesn't even matter if the guy is right once in a while, you and the other shills find some nit to criticize and that's about the end of it.

Gets old after ten years, which is probably when this stopped being a daily visit for me. The tone of this place is absolutely toxic, which is why I come here maybe once a month if that anymore.

Reactions: Kev3188
Weasels, I would probably come back here more often if people were actually talking about issues in a civil manner.

As annoying as swampy might be, it's not his fault that you guys find it necessary to always go on the attack.

Doesn't even matter if the guy is right once in a while, you and the other shills find some nit to criticize and that's about the end of it.

Gets old after ten years, which is probably when this stopped being a daily visit for me. The tone of this place is absolutely toxic, which is why I come here maybe once a month if that anymore.

Everyone left here a long time ago. People moved on to Facebook, Retired, Died or no longer had an agenda that was getting them anywhere. There are also “other” reasons this site died but if I write those reasons I could be chastised by the moderators.

I don’t honestly take this place seriously anymore. Sorry. It’s nothing but a silly pastime now.

IBT said they mailed out voting credentials on mar27. Then the vote will be online. Will probably be a month or so to be done and announced.

Reactions: SWAMECH