Update

They were attending a twu union meeting not an IAM union meeting, is that too hard for you to comprehend?

The IAM does have a hall in PHL, apparently the twu does not.

Being fired from the company does not remove a representative from his or her position. By the RLA they are still representatives.

The union would not file a bogus suit, the IAM attornies would not waste dues money.

Apparently you need all the clues you have.

Bet you did not even know one of the persons fired was not even in the room nor on company time nor in uniform?

See you dont know what happened.

Poor 700, all you have is your cognitive dissonance and your brainwashed "Union good, company bad" mantra. Think for once in your sorry life, realize why the large majority of people in this country are non union, put the kool-aid down and breathe the air of reason and common sense for once.

Its like pulling someone away from a cult. :D

Sorry I am not posting from 4:30 am till 10 at night, and I am not on the IAM payroll.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
Must suck to be a relic.

Some day, there will be a museum with a display on the extinct union goon and a nice long explanation trying to convey the fact that there used to be unions that employed enforcers to beat up people in order to further their idea of "fairness".

Yeah, I see 700 in an exhibit, sleeping on the job at his desk right next to a Brontosaurus (now renamed Apatasaur) in the dusty corner of a museum under a sign "unions actually did this!"

Sorry but this one just doesn't pass the "Smell" test! You forget I've met at least one of the fired people down there.

If only ONE THIRD of the rumors about the PHL ramp that have made there way to me are true I totally believe the TWU and the Company version. The ramp in PHL is no place for the faint of heart.

It's been alledged to be "mobbed up" for years. I choose not to believe that but the rumor persists. We just had a City Councilman convicted for accepting bribes from a union official so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. It's not CLT, 700UW it's a gritty NE "Rust Belt" mentality and don't discount that.

PHL is the kind of place where you can tell someone to "Go F___ Yourself" and have them not take it personal.

I'm with the Company ALL THE WAY on this one.

No Way, the Mafia and Unions?

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

:up:

I though people in this country (yesiree george bush rodeo land) we're innocent until proven guilty!

Whoops my mistake, I guess we are in the land of right wing corporate America---well lets hang-em high, forget the facts: the only good old fashion American worker in the eyes of corporate America are d*&^ workers or overseas workers.

Thanks for your unbiased input all you loose canon American hating facists!

I though people in this country (yesiree george bush rodeo land) we're innocent until proven guilty!

Whoops my mistake, I guess we are in the land of right wing corporate America---well lets hang-em high, forget the facts: the only good old fashion American worker in the eyes of corporate America are d*&^ workers or overseas workers.

Thanks for your unbiased input all you loose canon American hating facists!
Yep, innocent till proven guilty, and as for your other "hate the republican" crap, zzzzzzz.

Lets see, 5 TWU guys go to a meeting, 22 IAM guys beat the crap out of them.

I'll go on that for now. Spin your hate America stuff some more, its damn funny. Maybe you would rather work in a non free society?

Yep, innocent till proven guilty, and as for your other "hate the republican" crap, zzzzzzz.

I never mentioned the evil moniker of republican. you did.

Funny I’ve been to a george bush rally and dealt with his security---if this is what you would call free society then I’ll take an alternative

I never mentioned the evil moniker of republican. you did.

Funny I’ve been to a george bush rally and dealt with his security---if this is what you would call free society then I’ll take an alternative
Cool, when are you moving?

I have dual citizenship I can move any time.

What are you gonna do, whine until you whine some more, and present a strongly worded statement?

LOL

BTW, it was the whole "right wing corporate America" crap that tipped me off.

Life sure would suck without corporations though, doncha think?

I think it is certain that 700 along with dell...whatever re pawns of the IAM. I have been watching the posts (when I can) checking about three times a day. These guys are posing nonstop from 4:30 in the morning to sometimes 10:00 at night!!!! I beg you guys do something with yourself!!! I know the IAM payroll is hard to give up. :shock:
ok.....just got back in from washing robert roach's cadillac.....i'm punching in now...... B)

They have to follow just cause. A lot of times when a person gets their job back it is not because they were innocent it was because the company did not follow just cause.

The seven test of just cause represent a practical and effective way to determine whether a proposed disciplinary action is firmly and fairly grounded. It is fair to assume that these tests will be applied by arbitrators in the event that disciplinary actions are challenged, and it is therefore good practice to apply them prospectively when considering the imposition of progressive discipline.

Seven tests:

Notice
Reasonable Rules & Orders
Investigation
Fair Investigation
Proof
Equal Treatment
Penalty

Notice
Prior to imposition of discipline, employee must have notice of rules and expectations.
Establish through:
New employee orientation
Orientation checklists
Receipts for departmental handbooks
Periodic reinforcement/coaching.

Reasonable Rules & Orders
Can not be inconsistent with collective bargaining agreement(s).
Can not be arbitrary or capricious.
Must be reasonably related to business necessity

Investigation
Must be thorough; consider all evidence, pro & con.
Must be timely:
Should be completed expeditiously.
Occurs before discipline imposed.
Give accused opportunity to respond
(Loudermill Hearing).
Allow union representation. (Weingarten rights)

Fair Investigation
Result must not be forgone conclusion.
Test assumptions/bias.

Proof
Level of proof is normally “substantial evidence.â€￾
Greater proof required for more serious allegations.

Equal Treatment
Equal treatment must be balanced against just application:
Rules must be applied even-handedly & without discrimination.
Rules must be applied justly.
i.e., don’t blindly apply same rule to all situations - managers/supervisors are expected to exercise judgment.

Penalty
Must be fair, not arbitrary & capricious, or based on emotional response.
Factor in length of service, prior performance history, and previous progressive discipline.

If I'm not mistaken the Employee Code of Conduct is placed in every work area, and it addresses fighting on company property or in company uniform or identifing oneself as US employee and conduct on or off duty which is unfavorable to US intrest. The I'm sorry I didn't know bashing ones head in would get me in trouble defense ain't gonna cut it.

Let see,

None of us were there, none of us actually or truely knows what happened, you are all operating off hearsay.

No one has been charged with any crime.

Score 700:1
awacontract: -1

Bob Bob Bob,

No one signed for the Ethics Book, they were mailed to the current address on file. How can you be wrong again?

The problem with your thinking Bob is they have to meet EVERY step of Just Cause otherwise the terminations will not stick.

Since I have been involved with termination cases and you have not, I would not expect you to know this.

Answer this, if the evidence is so clear cut and dry, why has there not been anyone arrested nor charged?

US' policy has always been fire first then let the union fight for the members job, and the company makes mistakes all the time.

Building Trades? Where the hell is the moderater telling you to stay on topic like he does when the IAM SCABS at Northwest are brought up. Could it be a moderator in your pocket?

Back