Urgently Need 747 Flight Attendants

onceoza

Aug 20, 2002
There is a need for flight attendants to fly a humanitarian 10 day trip on a 747SP from LAX to Tel Aviv and Syria. It is for a non profit called Global peace. I tried to recruit some mechanics, with no success. Now, I'm asking for some flight attendants. You must have wide body experience and done a wet ditching. Please visit the link for information on this very worthwhile organization.

You will be needed from June 16th for 10 days plus 1 day of training. It is volunteer, but expenses are paid. If you are in the LAX area and are interested, please email me at [email protected] with your phone number, and I will pass your number on to those organizing this. Do NOT contact Global Peace. Just email me and it will be forwarded to the proper people. The only restriction is that you can't be Arab or Jewish (I'd do it in a red hot second, but being Jewish disqualifies me).

Isn't there some TSA violation here?

"Send me your name & tel# and I'll pass it on to the organizers"

Why not directly post the link?

(will a mod please come to the white courtesy phone....)

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Isn't there some TSA violation here?

"Send me your name & tel# and I'll pass it on to the organizers"

Why not directly post the link?

(will a mod please come to the white courtesy phone....)
[post="274798"][/post]​

What kind of violation? I don't understand. If you will notice, I edited my original post with the link in it. I was asked to remove the link because if someone would respond directly instead of to the organizer, the response could get lost.

This is a very fine organization. You can do a google search if you want. Those in DFW might have noticed the 747 in the hanger where humanitarian mechanic volunteers were performing a C-check. It had made 2 trips to the tsunami and the clock ran out before the third. Please don't try and smear this group or discourage volunteers without researching first.

Would you blindly communicate personal details that could compromise someone's security?

Nope.

You had me until you inserted the line about your personal religious affiliations. No smear.

The link should have been presented. Or this entire thread deleted.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Would you blindly communicate personal details that could compromise someone's security?

Nope.

You had me until you inserted the line about your personal religious affiliations. No smear.

The link should have been presented. Or this entire thread deleted.
[post="274875"][/post]​

The name of the group is Global Peace Initiative. Again, I was asked to remove the link so that replies didn't get lost in the shuffle. Google it if you wish. It is a non-profit humanitarian organization that needs volunteer help. Period. Nothing sinister about it. I am not affiliated in anyway with this organization. A friend (one of the recruiters) asked me, because of my access to aviation message boards, to help find some people willing to give some time. Unfortunatley, there are places in the world where I, as a Jew, am not welcome or safe. That's just the way it is.

If you are worried about security, you can respond with just an email address. When my friend responds, you can judge for yourself.

Bigsky said:
It's a scam. No one has done a wet ditching. Are you kidding me!!! Nice try loser. This isn't a forum for picking up chicks.
[post="274897"][/post]​

I'm not here to pick up chicks. I am a chick. And I guess it is my fault there was a misunderstanding. You don't have to have done a wet ditching; You only need to have jumped in a pool and been trained.

Hey, I guess I will not use anyone from NWA. I am the recruiter. You may email me at [email protected]. We preferred that no email or faxes be sent to the company in Houston or Washington. I am currently in Dallas with the plane. NWA has kindly sent testing equipment to DFW for our use in completing the C check. They have also sent mechanics, NWA is picking up the tab. So, if you wish to be a naysayer, I suggest you check with NW in MSP. DL and AA have also provided free maintenance, hangar, equipment and personnel. In addition Sky Chefs has repaired the galley carts and sanitized them - at no charge. A local dry cleaner has provided free drycleaning for the headrest covers. All of the blankets and linens were laundered by volunteers in Dallas. Boeing is donating equipment that is not available in DFW.

So, if you think we are a hoax, so be it. You may wish to check www.747SP.com, there are photos. You could also check out www.globalpeacenow.com and see the humanitarian work that is being done.

My mistake Global Peace. I incorrectly labeled your organization. There was an agency offering flight attendants jobs a few years back that was not reputable and involved taking quite a few FAs for alot of cash. When you first placed a posting on this forum there were several easy to spot clues that made it very obvious you weren't airline employees so I called it as I saw it.

Global Peace is a good thing. Best of luck in your search for Flight Attendants.

take care

Bigsky

Bigsky said:
My mistake Global Peace. I incorrectly labeled your organization. There was an agency offering flight attendants jobs a few years back that was not reputable and involved taking quite a few FAs for alot of cash. When you first placed a posting on this forum there were several easy to spot clues that made it very obvious you weren't airline employees so I called it as I saw it.

Global Peace is a good thing. Best of luck in your search for Flight Attendants.
take care

Bigsky
[post="275012"][/post]​
All our flight attendants are airline employees from other airlines. I myself have been a flight attendant for over 30 years. Your apology is certainly accepted!

Back