US AFA topic-ALL AFA issues go here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I no longer have a dog in this hunt, but it is my understanding that AFA is investigating allegations of alleged wrongdoing on the part of the LEC 66 President and Secretary/Treasurer. I would think that we should let this play out and see where it goes.

As for Gary, I don't know one way or the other if he is actively doing anything to get back into union affairs. I liked Gary and I trusted him, however I have been gone for 3+ years and don't know the most current information.

Why don't we all give this a chance to play out for now?

I agree hp_fa. This will just have to play itself out. Let the system work.

Pitbull gets herself too work up where Mike is concerned. Her issuses are personal and color her perspective. What happens with the West MEC/LEC is their business and they will work it out. Pitbull needs to keep her nose out of it.

However, in her defense, she really does care a lot and she is passionate about the flight attendant's well being. But she needs to sit on the sidelines on this. This is not her business.

Pitbull tries to make Mike out to be a Machiavelli. He's bright but he isn't that damn smart.

The recall is being run by a very junior reserve. His motive is to remove all 3 officers and the council rep. This has nothing to do with Mike Flores. These people ran on the basis of Communication, transparency, and fiscal responsibility. We are receiving NONE of that. The few hotlines Lisa has put out recently are very political and has driven division amongst our members. Lisa has no interest in getting a single contract which is demonstrated by her lack of participation in single contract negotiations. In addition this whole furlough situation out West has been handled very poorly. Too little, too late by our MEC! They should have been in the company's face about it since we have been overstaffed. They did little too prevent it. The bottom line is our dues are being wasted by an office that is our wasting our time. How can move forward when Lisa, Dorene and jeff can't get along. We're tired out here and we want them out. The company has no respect for our office and they just walk all over them. The whole situation is disgusting!!! We just want a new election!! I encourage my co-workers to sign up for all 4. We want a new election.

Pitbull- with all due respect YOU HAVE NO IDEA what we are dealing without here. Please don't advise us on something that you have no idea about. Your rant has nothing to do with why the Reserves want them removed!

Does anyone know when the flight attendant group will hear anything about the crew rest issue for the A330-200 to TLV? How long does it really take for the arbitrator to make a ruling? I would think very soon.

Arbitration decisions usually take several months or more.

After the hearings are held, both parties are usually given 30 days to send it post hearing briefs supporting their positions.

Its not a cut and dry process.

I hear the TLV gals are calling up saying they are outraged at only getting 45-60 min breaks on this route. Only 4 seats...blah blah blah Can we please go to Home Depot and get some fencing and put back up The Division? Great Gosh, when we had the 1st class Lord & Lady Rothchild "seating" service on the 330 to Paris with A-N positions it was worse. Grow up! The arbitration could come any time or months down. It's clear cut and I think improvements will be made.

Check this out.....If they don't like the current rest, don't fly the route. I agree it's insane and a shame but it is what it is for now. NOBODY on that flight is made to work it. Flight attendants that actually HAVE control over a situation like that and complain kill me. :rolleyes:

anyone know what happened with the vote today on system board or the reserve chair postion? :ph34r:

Ok are you all sitting down? Of course you are as your at the computer. Well here goes...... John didn't show up for the MEC meeting so Grace took his spot. She proceeded to vote for herself for system board. Even though John Humphrie has a degree in law he was passed up. Of course Sherri Baker won for reserve chair along with everyone who all voted for themselves. It was pretty much predictable in my eyes although Grace casting a vote for herself was a bit of a surprise. Glenda kept her seat as the permanent position as system board while Grace is the alternate. So there ya have it folks. The wheel keeps spinning or should I say, "The saga continues".

Looks like the verdict is in. The wests MECP and Sec/Treas were found guilty of theft of negotiations documents from the east MECP.

There ya have, I'm thinking the recall effort will really start to gain momentum now. We need a new MEC.

If anyone on here has a link to the hearing boards decision, can you share it?

What AFA needs to do is impose the punishment and move on with the process. Suspend their membership and get the process rolling. There is no sense in making people run around collecting signatures when the MEC did the damage already. The AFA knows people have been suspended for much less. Step up to the plate AFA and get them out. If they are suspended they will be ineligible to hold their seats correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back