US Airways ALPA MEC Resolution

Once again, the company has not agreed to anything and is not talking to the east.

USA320 is nuts.

And why is Skinner telling our ground schools that 340's will more than likely come to PHX?

Hmm?

Probably because the East MEC told the company we didn't want 340s (per the PHL Captain rep).

A320 Driver B)

Check with captZ that should read the stakes are too high or is that a Freudian slip.

Yes it was a slip as I was typing too fast. How many more post do I have to make to become a veteran???

How does your resolution get around the Transition Agreement you guys ratified?

Remember this part:

V. Negotiation of a Collective Bargaining Agreement

The Association and the Airline Parties will negotiate a single collective bargaining agreement applicable to the merged operations of America West and US Airways (the

“Single Agreementâ€￾) as follows: etc... etc....

Its just more of the same from your leaders. To quote the Bard: "It is a tale told by and idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing."

It doesn't Grog it was a feel good resolution...

How many more post do I have to make to become a veteran???
It doesn't Grog it was a feel good resolution...

I think they go by posts. Tell your friend the new poster nicelandingcapt, he has a way to go for senior.

I think there are demerits for going to the cornfield though.

US Airways ALPA MEC AI 07-81 - Transition Agreement Dispute Resolution - July 25, 2007

WHEREAS there is a provision in the Transition Agreement to settle disputes between US Airways Management and the Association, and

WHEREAS the AAA MEC has passed a resolution seeking to stop the implementation of a single operation FAA certificate, and

WHEREAS dispute resolution language on this matter has been drafted by the Representation department of ALPA National, and

WHEREAS the AWA MEC has not recognized that a dispute exists between the Association and the Corporation, and refuses to address the dispute resolution language drafted by ALPA national,

WHEREAS the AWA MEC’s refusal to recognize that a dispute exists between the Association and the corporation causes and constitutes a dispute between the two ALPA parties (AAA and AWA), and

WHEREAS the Executive Council of ALPA National is the governing body tasked with settling disputes between the two ALPA parties should one arise during the life of the Transition Agreement, and

WHEREAS the AAA MEC is seeking resolution of the dispute between the two ALPA parties,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the AAA MEC requests that the Executive Council rule on the dispute between the two ALPA parties in the matter of the filing of a dispute against the Corporation to maintain separate operations as stipulated in the Transition Agreement, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that upon resolution of the dispute between the two ALPA parties, if resolved as sought by the US Airways MEC, the Association will file the dispute resolution language drafted by the ALPA National Representation Department seeking to ensure that separate operations be maintained between the two ALPA parties, and

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that separate operations be maintained between the two parties as prescribed in the Transition Agreement.

Motion Passes Unanimously

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. Another great day without 700UW! :up: :up: :up: :up:

The East pilots never cared about anything or anybody except themselves. Better hope the UAL merger is just a rumor. The UAL pilots would be pretty happy with a Nicolau style seniority solution, and they carry more votes than you do.

Actually, most UAL pilots I know would like to undo the Nicolau Award just so that the East can be stapled to the bottom of a UAL / AWA list.

WHEREAS dispute resolution language on this matter has been drafted by the Representation department of ALPA National, and

You guys kill me. AWA / AAA Transition Agreement VI.A:

The Airline Parties will make every reasonable effort in good faith to secure a single FAA operating certificate for America West and US Airways as promptly as practicable.

Do you guys even READ your agreements before you file disputes? LOL. I'll just add this "dispute" to the ever-increasing list of AAA MEC failures.

You may not read his posts, but you sure spend alot of time thinking about him don't you? He lives rent-free in your head!

Whereas we got our rears handed to us in arbitration, and,

Whereas we can't believe the whooping we got and,

Whereas all of the whoopings we got before were the fault of the RC4 and,

Whereas we found our stones in an old shoe in a corner of a closet and,

whereas those stones were molded.

We resolve to spray those stones with a powerful disinfectent and pretend we never lost them at all.

We further resolve to forget having losing said stones and act like they were never lost.

Hurrah Hurrah and so forth.

Amen, Hallelujah.

Amen.

No...700UW does not live rent free, but I must say I enjoy letting him know that what he writes I do not view. :D :p :D :p

Regards,

USA320Pilot

US Airways ALPA MEC AI 07-81 - Transition Agreement Dispute Resolution - July 25, 2007

WHEREAS there is a provision in the Transition Agreement to settle disputes between US Airways Management and the Association, and

WHEREAS the AAA MEC has passed a resolution seeking to stop the implementation of a single operation FAA certificate, and

WHEREAS the AWA MEC has not recognized that a dispute exists between the Association and the Corporation, and refuses to address the dispute resolution language drafted by ALPA national,

WHEREAS the AWA MEC’s refusal to recognize that a dispute exists between the Association and the corporation causes and constitutes a dispute between the two ALPA parties (AAA and AWA), and

WHEREAS the Executive Council of ALPA National is the governing body tasked with settling disputes between the two ALPA parties should one arise during the life of the Transition Agreement, and

WHEREAS the AAA MEC is seeking resolution of the dispute between the two ALPA parties,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the AAA MEC requests that the Executive Council rule on the dispute between the two ALPA parties in the matter of the filing of a dispute against the Corporation to maintain separate operations as stipulated in the Transition Agreement, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that upon resolution of the dispute between the two ALPA parties, if resolved as sought by the US Airways MEC, the Association will file the dispute resolution language drafted by the ALPA National Representation Department seeking to ensure that separate operations be maintained between the two ALPA parties, and

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that separate operations be maintained between the two parties as prescribed in the Transition Agreement.

Motion Passes Unanimously

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You do realize that this is another dumb move by you MEC don't you. This I am sure will be viewed by Paul Rice as a resolution to not play by their rules.

And why is Skinner telling our ground schools that 340's will more than likely come to PHX?

Hmm?

Anyone who believes anything Skinner says is the biggest dupe on the planet. Skinner is a laughing-stock buffoon in the eyes of the east, and a prime example of the Peter Principle at work.

But, of course, it makes perfect sense that the 340 (if we ever see one...doubtful, IMHO) will go to PHX. Think about it. The airplane, if we get it, is programmed to fly the PHL-China service. Of course it will be crewed by PHX pilots who will have to DH both ways to PHL to fly it, totally ignoring the experienced A330 crews who are already in place.

Sure. If Skinner is saying this, it should be a perfect example to any sentient being of his constant talking out of his a**hole.

AWA320,

AWA320 said: "You do realize that this is another dumb move by you MEC don't you. This I am sure will be viewed by Paul Rice as a resolution to not play by their rules."

USA320Pilot comments: The "resolution language on this matter has been drafted by the Representation department of ALPA National," who works for Rice and the rest of the Executive Board (EB).

Would it make sense for Rice to work with the US Airways MEC, have his (the EB's) Representation Department draft the resolution language, and then Rice and the rest of the EC not support the resolution?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Would it make sense for Rice to work with the US Airways MEC, have his (the EB's) Representation Department draft the resolution language, and then Rice and the rest of the EC not support the resolution?

Really? The EC helped draft a resolution in direct violation of both the EC's own resolution as well as the Transition Agreement?

Just got off the phone with Captain Rice and he denied that either he or the Representation Department had anything to do with it, other than being present at the MEC meeting. He did have a couple of interesting things to say about you, though.

You may not read his posts, but you sure spend alot of time thinking about him don't you? He lives rent-free in your head!

:lol: :lol: I had been thinking the same thing - obsessing over someone and announcing it daily is an odd way to end a relationship! Aw, maybe :wacko: should try a nice bottle of wine and a gourmet dinner to woo him back?? Although I've heard 700 is not a cheap date. ;) :lol: :lol:

Back