US Airways CIO Shares His Crisis Management Views With Us

The agts do let the passengers know that they hate this system and let them know what we think of it. An HP manager threatened an agt with a writeup if he continued to vent to passengers about our carppy system. If you want to see our operation turn around , put sabre back in and watch what will happen. From the bottom to the top in a month.

Well I can think of at least one BIG one!!

This airline is making load of $$$$!!!! :up:

The reason is that this senior mgmt.team despite everyone's b****ing here, knows how to make an airline consistantly profitable!!

When was the last time US employees can say that or that they felt secure in their futures???
This airline and management is making a profit while riding on the coat tails of the East sides last emergence from BK...evetually the gravy train is going to stop. The labor groups are demanding a piece of the pie, and costs continue to sky rocket. In addition, the debacles of this past years bad management mistakes WILL be catching up with them soon.

It's kind of like when a newly elected president of the US takes office after an effective, good one...it takes a few years for the ineptitude of the new one to be seen....

In all my time here at US, I have never felt LESS secure in my job future at this company with Doug, Scott and all the rest of the bozos at the helm....anyone else feel this way ????

Too bad they didn't do an article on DP's four tools of crisis management.

1. Surround yourself with sycophants and yes men. That way anyone pointing out a crisis would be kept away from you.

2. Deny any crises, staying the course is the important thing.

3. Take advantage of discord and change. They are an opportunity to stuff your pockets while other people focus on solving problems. Kind of like price gouging after a hurricane.

4. Alcohol. It makes you cool.

I'm not sure I really want to be known as the airline that makes greyhound look like a first class operation. There is a reason why we rank at the bottom. I guess we are the "dollar store" of the airline industry.

I'd liken it more to Big Lots... you never know what you're going to get from flight to flight.

The agts do let the passengers know that they hate this system and let them know what we think of it. An HP manager threatened an agt with a writeup if he continued to vent to passengers about our carppy system. If you want to see our operation turn around , put sabre back in and watch what will happen. From the bottom to the top in a month.

US Airways has never been at the top with either sabre or shares.

Most of the people on this board are stuck in the past. A high percentage of the items in the old USAir business plan lost money, and customer service was still poor, yet they insist on restoring these failed policies.
Its not about policy its about software,it works or it doesnt.You need something fast and efficiant.Shares is neither.Saber is world class proven.

If its not the software then it must be the training,wich is hahumm....Tempes job to get er done.

You see its a really elementary problem here.Lets say were digging for diamonds,and your using a shares shovel and we need a saber backhoe :shock: do you contiues ignoreing the profits you could make by using the shovel,or do you.....you decide. :up: :up: :up:

US Airways has never been at the top with either sabre or shares.

Double check your info...Us Airways was #1 in on time of all the US transatlantic year after year....also our first class and envoy class won awards as well as our in flight magazine...name one award HP won.....yes that was before BK #1 but its still a fact....there have been good years and bad at US and we complain mostly because we remember the good times and want them back....it could have happened if we had a management team that knew what they were doing

In stead their cavalier attitude to the east coast operations(especially the transatlantic....Oh we fly to Europe :blink: Scott, why didnt anybody tell me?)has taken a potentially fantastic product and flushed it right down the crapper....

Nobody bothered to ask how the east operated or what our needs were...they just repeated the mantra...IT WORKS IN PHOENIX...

Through all the darkest days of BK 1 and 2 I have never felt so hopeless or helpless as I do now..wave after wave of Phx people have come to PHL and watched as we struggle to do our jobs ..they leave and nothing changes.....

If youre not going to help then get the f out of my way and let me do my job!!!!!

In all my time here at US, I have never felt LESS secure in my job future at this company with Doug, Scott and all the rest of the bozos at the helm....anyone else feel this way ????

Yes. I do.

But I'm not going to let it get me down.

Since money is all that those guys care about, it will be money that will be their undoing in the end.

You can read into that statement whatever you like.

Well, Elevation - let's see how US "struggled to make do" with Sabre....

O/T Arrival Percentage for Mar, Apr, & May:

2007 (Combined, Shares):
- 55.5%, 63.1%, 68.0%

2006 (Combined, Sabre on East):
- 82.6%, 80.1%, 80.6%

2005 (East, Sabre):
- 68.5%, 80.0%, 83.8%

2004 (East, Sabre):
- 84.1%, 84.2%, 81.7%

2003 (East, Sabre):
- 82.5%, 84.0%, 80.7%

2002 (East, Sabre):
- 79.0%, 80.7%, 81.3%

2001 (East, Sabre):
- 75.2%, 82.9%, 83.1%

Looks like the worst same-month performance with Sabre was better than the best so far with Shares......

Jim

Come on Jim, we beat 50% each month, isnt that something? Its better than average... :blink: :p

Come on Jim, we beat 50% each month, isnt that something? Its better than average... :blink: :p

Thanks only to all the pad in the schedule......notice the big difference between departure and arrival O/T percentages. The silver lining in this cloud is that all the departure delays have effectively managed to depeak the hubs, allowing that pad to turn atrocious departure percentages into mediocre arrival percentages. :up: :up:

Jim

Back