Us Airways F/a Reductions

It's after 9 a.m. and still no word. C'mon company........send us the bad news already. This waiting is killing us.................... :shock:

Well, as of yesterday on early 9/11 about 900 had come in and some were still coming in during the day. The procedure is they will close them out and that takes some time to verify and put it into the system. They won't just throw a number out there until I would think Monday or so. A new staffing analysis will take place.
Keep in mind that the smart thing to do would be take the new reserve system into account and the new staffing analysis ....roll it all together and come up with one big number. Then they will come out and say we will reduce the F/A numbers by X total this winter. After talking to someone in that department that is what they are trying to do so it will cause as little confusion as possible. But then again....I bet they will have to throw in VF8. The VSIP is open until 9/25 but only 17 have taken that. All inactive.

Voluntary Furlough Extension Results

967 have extended their voluntary furlough beyond December
2, 2003.
3 retired and 7 have applied for voluntary separation.
368 are scheduled to return December 2, 2003.

Crew planning has received this information and is
working on the staffing model. Results of involuntary
furloughs in December are not known at this time. As
soon as we have this information we will let you know.

Anyone know where "368" puts us....? Mid 98???

And yes I understand...that's not taking into consideration the new RSV system or a possilbe VF8..who knows for sure......right???

Just looking to see what hire date/class this 368 number lands on...that's all... :huh:

Alright. It's been a week. What is the company waiting for? I would like to know.......so I can plan accordingly..... :rolleyes:

What are the layoff numbers for DEC and what seniority/class date will it hit? :down:

Even if they put out a rough number it's all subject to change as usual. AFA is fighting for a VF8 and has filed a grievance. I think they might wait for the VSIP to close out on 9/25 and then see what they feel like doing. The WILL loose the VF grievance and if they think they are going to loose they will just offer one at the last minute. Even if they furlough me I am going to be on guard until I am unpacked back on the West Coast.....you know how they love to call you back "JUST KIDDING" at the last minute. This place is drama.

USAirBoyA330 said:
Even if they put out a rough number it's all subject to change as usual. AFA is fighting for a VF8 and has filed a grievance. I think they might wait for the VSIP to close out on 9/25 and then see what they feel like doing. The WILL loose the VF grievance and if they think they are going to loose they will just offer one at the last minute. Even if they furlough me I am going to be on guard until I am unpacked back on the West Coast.....you know how they love to call you back "JUST KIDDING" at the last minute. This place is drama.
USAIRBOYA330,

I hope that the company does lose, but I don't think they will.

The contract clearly states that "in the event of staffing REDUCTIONS......

There is NOT a staffing reduction. They only offer VF's with reductions. This

furlough is a result of flight attendants coming back from previous reductions.

IF, and only if, a reduction occurs as a result of the new reserve system, the

company will probably ONLY offer that number of VF's

I will be a tough fight, but I personally don't think the MEC PRES has the balls or

a backbone to stand up and fight for his members.

He would sooner say "okay..you win".

Latest posts

Back