US Airways has no plans to put more money into the Flight Attendant Agreement

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
www.usaviation.com
USA-webbnr-SeeUSTogether%20%281%29.jpg

JNC Update - Company's Intentions for Negotiations

November 1, 2012

We have been advised by the Company that they do not intend to develop a proposal for a revised tentative agreement. The Company has indicated they are only willing to meet if directed by the NMB and are not willing to engage in negotiations outside of that process. Additionally, Doug Parker indicated at Crew News that the Company has no plans to put more money into the Flight Attendant Agreement.

The JNC met earlier this week in PHX and the Joint MECs will be meeting next week in CLT. We will provide further information at that time.

Why would he when the last one was voted down by only ~50 votes? If everyone in PHX had voted, the TA may very well have passed as is. He's clearly waiting to see what AFA's next move is before he moves.

why is this being discussed here? What does it have to do with AA?

It has everything to do with AA.

You maybe looking at your next CEO and a merger with US Airways. Parker has made it publically known that his major business plan for US Airways is a merger with AA...and if he can purchase AA in BK on the cheap...he will surely be KING. This is HIS ONLY FOCUS!

In his arrpgance, he has totally ignored his own labor force.

I would think that folks on here would want to know what the otherside of paradise is like!!!!

Why would he when the last one was voted down by only ~50 votes? If everyone in PHX had voted, the TA may very well have passed as is. He's clearly waiting to see what AFA's next move is before he moves.

I don't think this kind of fracture in labor relations at US Airways will bode well with the UCC at AA. Do you???????

Can you just imagine what kind of hell it would be like merging US Airways with AA. What synergies again, pray tell?

Merging hasn't worked for the past 7 years for Am. West and US Airways with Parker at the helm.

I think it would be disasterous with a marriage of the two, when labor relations at the OK CORRAL is gettig to a boiling point to the point of a Strike vote at hand.

He's waiting to see what AFA is going to do?

Want to play Chess?.

What CEO tells their labor group to "go pound salt" and he's not interested in sitting down with the group unless he's forced to by the NMB??????

What impression is this CEO making to AMR and the UCC if his own labor force goes on strike? Do you think that Parker at that point could convince the UCC, BK Judge, DOT that this would be a marriage in heaven???????

Both f/a groups are in sec. 6 negotiations. A mediator they don't need. And if US Airways wants to talk only with a mediator present, than he's got the federal mediator in the back pocket!

Keep in mind, US Airways f/as are NOT in BK.

NO GUTS: NO GLORY!

I'd fire the mediator, and either the company comes to the table. and deals..OR

CHAOS!!!!

It has everything to do with AA.

You maybe looking at your next CEO and a merger with US Airways. Parker has made it publically known that his major business plan for US Airways is a merger with AA...and if he can purchase AA in BK on the cheap...he will surely be KING. This is HIS ONLY FOCUS!

In his arrpgance, he has totally ignored his own labor force.

I would think that folks on here would want to know what the otherside of paradise is like!!!!

But he is not. You have done so well to point out it is unlikely he will become. And thank God for that.

Reactions: 1 person
why is this being discussed here? What does it have to do with AA?

Possibly as just another example that USAIR management is no better or even worse than AA. Face it if they can't give good contracts to their current employees why would they for more AA employees?

Josh