Doug Parker has no intentions to Meet with AFA to develop a new proposal

This is exactly why Parker hasn't been putting much effort into any of the current US Unions. He knows that if the merger takes place, that they won't be the collective bargaining agent for the combined workgroups.

This is exactly why Parker hasn't been putting much effort into any of the current US Unions. He knows that if the merger takes place, that they won't be the collective bargaining agent for the combined workgroups.

You're both right. If we merge, AFA and USAPA will become irrelevant pretty darn quick given the numbers and the voting power.

Driver...

Reactions: 2 people

That's a BIG IF they merge. Doug Parker himself maybe looking from the outside.

AA is pursuing to emerge from BK as a single carrier, after all, they financed their own BK of $4B so they could restructure and emerge.
If they merge, it will be out of BK, and AA will be the acquirer if they think there is any synergies for them post BK. US Airways could never afford to merge with AA not in BK. But, on the other hand, AA will be in a great position to acquire who they want, and when they want. Doug is in ahurry to merge cause he thinks he can acquire AA on the "cheap" while they are in BK. I believe AA is onlly entertaining it so that the UCC can be satisfied that all avenues are being pursued. I am sure that the UCC are very aware of the labor unrest going on at LCC.

Keep in mind that AA has asked for an extension of their exclusivity by 30 more days going into January 28th. I don't believe for one second that its because they want to merge with U and be bought on the cheap with Doug at the helm. B)

I heard that a lot of the YES voters will not back a strike vote.

Just passing on what I "heard".

MM!

Time will tell on this one. There are MORE THAN A FEW fa's that think they are either not going to vote at all or will vote against it. Many believe fine, they voted for the TA because it was needed for all fa's. Some dumb fa's decided they were worth more and voted it down. Now these very same fa's who voted the TA down are asking everyone to come to their rescue and don't understand why nobody is happy about doing such. Still others think 'fine, they're gonna get what they deserve. I'm voting no.'

There are indeed many who are voting yes. I think I'll start another informal poll...I am very curious to know how Charlotte will skew this time. It had better be 1,000,000,000% yes.

Reactions: 1 person
Did you not see Doug has refused to return to the table?

Show me any other airline merger in history where it has been seven+ years since the merger and its not complete yet.

How dare does a CEO strike deals with unions that arent even on US property nor employed by US when his own workers dont have settled CBAs?

Very well said. Maybe Doug is destined to be AA's CEO. He already has the "AArrogance"

Toothy,

I get what you are saying. With that said...now that things have worked out the way they have, it is VERY important that everyone vote for a strike. The f/as no longer have the luxery of sitting on the fence. A strong strike vote must be had in order for the NMB to see unity among the f/a ranks.

If f/as don't show how serious they are in getting a fair resolution to our economic issues then who will speak for us?

I voted yes for the 2 failed agreements. I have voted to strike and will walk the picket line if nescessary. I hate that it has come to this but now that it has we had all better be ready to strike. We can't have it both ways.

If I were a PHX based f/a I would make sure my fellow PHX f/as were prepared to strike as they have no scope protection in a merger and could easily be the sacrificial lamb when it comes to layoffs.

Reactions: 5 people
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/11/14/3665531/us-airways-flight-attendants-picket.html

Why not Picket Wall Street? That's where the merger money is coming from. Why not make an already skitterish Stock Market a little more risk averse when it comes to funding airline mergers? That would get Dougies's attention.

Why not Picket Wall Street? That's where the merger money is coming from. Why not make an already skitterish Stock Market a little more risk averse when it comes to funding airline mergers? That would get Dougies's attention.
They only got 250 max at this event held at largest hub/base. Not much to worry about there.

I voted yes for the 2 failed agreements. I have voted to strike and will walk the picket line if nescessary. I hate that it has come to this but now that it has we had all better be ready to strike. We can't have it both ways.

If I were a PHX based f/a I would make sure my fellow PHX f/as were prepared to strike as they have no scope protection in a merger and could easily be the sacrificial lamb when it comes to layoffs.

If you go on stike you don't have scope propection either, assuming you don't get fired.

AFA doesnt use a normal strike, they use CHAOS, they only strike selected flights.

You cant be fired for CHAOS, its has been to court and it was upheld.

Maybe you need to learn about it before you post.

Court Rules CHAOS Legal

As the campaign at Alaska Airlines gained momentum, twenty-four Flight Attendants struck seven flights targeted by AFA-CWA, with no advance warning. The CHAOS strikers persisted despite threats, discipline and suspensions. Faced with management's threat to fire the next striker, AFA-CWA won an injunction in federal court, including an order to reinstate -- with full back pay -- those strikers who remained on suspension. The court upheld the Union's legal right to implement intermittent strikes citing protection under the Railway Labor Act. The CHAOS strategy had won protection under the law.

http://www.unitedafa.org/afa/chaos/default.aspx