US Airways Pilots' Labor Thread 2/24-3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
souperfly,

Taking the two pertinent sentences from your post:

It is acknowledged that USAPA has the ability to (re)negotiate any existing east or west agreement currently in place...to include the TA.
I'd suggest that you guys out in desertville start making a few friends at USAPA...seems they hold the keys to your kingdom after all.

That could be interpreted as a threat aimed at the West - play nice with USAPA or possibly find some changes to the TA being negotiated that West may not like. I just used the example you mentioned - minimum fleet count for the West - although it could potentially be anything else.

If you were just joking, I apologize for not reading that into your post. The tone or intent of a statement can get lost when all one has is the written word.

Jim

souperfly,

That could be interpreted as a threat aimed at the West - play nice with USAPA or possibly find some changes to the TA being negotiated that West may not like. I just used the example you mentioned - minimum fleet count for the West - although it could potentially be anything else.

If you were just joking, I apologize for not reading that into your post. The tone or intent of a statement can get lost when all one has is the written word.

Jim

Not a threat, also not a joke. I'd categorize it as a suggestion. The fact is, USAPA is dealing with the company as it relates to all three documents. The historical attitude of the west has been to ignore, attack, and distance themselves from any genuine involvement with their own union. Not a recommended position to take with the agency who is going to bat for you daily against the onslaught of the company and their draconian practices. Whether they take this suggestion to heart is up to them. That Brice has stepped up to be a "virus" hardly qualifies as being "engaged" in the process of representational issues.
I suggest you re-read the entirety of my post, you are arriving at your conclusions all on your own. USAPA is charged with the well-being of west pilots who are trying to destroy USAPA...draw your own conclusions. I'm simply illustrating facts.

Once again, the East wants everything to go whichever way suits them. The TA is in full effect. Nobody disputes that. Dual ratification is at the heart of the "transition". So, you really believe that usapa can "renegotiate" away dual ratification? That would be the very definition of a DFR lawsuit. Go ahead. Keep on trying.
The answer to your question is yes, absolutely. "Dual ratification" was required because of two ALPA units having to agree to a singular agreement. Now, all LCC pilots have just one bargaining agent, one negotiating committee...nothing "dual" about it anymore. I suggest you study up on these facts along with NLC. I think maybe this "knowlege gap" may be driving some of the west internal misinformation. Maybe read something outside of AWAPPA or AOL for once.

You fail to realize it is you and your cohorts that have fallen off the cliff.
I guess that's a matter of perspective, don't you? Nobody disputes that USAPA is the legal representative of LCC pilots. I'm a member in good standing of that union...I'd say that puts me on the ledge, and not dangling over the edge taking potshots at my union. Big difference. That they want to sue their union isn't my biggest concern, that they suggest that USAPA is not their legally voted and NMB certified representative should be theirs. That they have tried to bankrupt said union is a problem for them, thats why many are in court. Time will tell. To each their own. When the music stops, they may be on the outside looking in, thats all I know.

souperfly,

Jim

I think when the company's lawyers were sitting in the courtroom, it was clear they had no intention of appearing to conspire with team Seham. The USA Today ad fully salted any remaining earth. Funny how USAPA seems to think it has so many friends, yet it uses those perceived alliances so ineffectively - and blames everyone else for it's lack of accomplishment.

I think when the company's lawyers were sitting in the courtroom, it was clear they had no intention of appearing to conspire with team Seham. The USA Today ad fully salted any remaining earth. Funny how USAPA seems to think it has so many friends, yet it uses those perceived alliances so ineffectively - and blames everyone else for it's lack of accomplishment.
Yes, it's good that USAPA is not colluding with the company...don't you agree? If not, there's something wrong with your thinking. There is no love between the company and labor...where have you been? There could be, but it would require the company to begin treating ALL employee groups as assets to the corporation...not "necessary evils" in the big picture of personal enrichment with bonuses off your back. The point you attempt to make falls short. Try something else.

I just read this...

US Airways Pilots propose facilitated talks after initiating contract negotiations in November of 2005.

Source: Comtex News Network(Business Wire)

USAPA seeks a facilitator utilizing the services of the National Mediation Board to assist in reaching an agreement.

There's more to the article but you get the idea.

I just read this...

US Airways Pilots propose facilitated talks after initiating contract negotiations in November of 2005.

Source: Comtex News Network(Business Wire)

USAPA seeks a facilitator utilizing the services of the National Mediation Board to assist in reaching an agreement.
Yes, the company has been stonewalling long enough...the "sick out" of known loser's of grievances..(scope) they delay the day that they will have to write an extra $100 million a year for parity alone..
Yet those west activists think it is USAPA who is sitting on their hands.
A little actual knowledge would go a long way in that regard.

The company laughs at all this....USAPA is done laughing.

The company laughs at all this....USAPA is done laughing.

Too bad NOBODY has stopped laughing at USAPA.

You guys alone created this mess. You can't point the finger any anybody but the guy in the mirror. Nice Job.

I would like to know how all of you interpret Doug P's response in the PHX 12/08 crew news video to the AB captain asking why the NIC list has not been implemented ???

I would like to know how all of you interpret Doug P's response in the PHX 12/08 crew news video to the AB captain asking why the NIC list has not been implemented ???
Funny you ask, Kubota...I've watched that piece over and over...his first reaction was the one he knows is true: "..of course not...how could I..."

(pregnant pause)
(followed by uncomfortable moment with hand to chest)

He knew he'd signalled the position of the company on that one...plain and simple.

Too bad AWAPPA/AOL and their band of gypsies don't get it. They will.

Funny you ask, Kubota...I've watched that piece over and over...his first reaction was the one he knows is true: "..of course not...how could I..."

(pregnant pause)
(followed by uncomfortable moment with hand to chest)

He knew he'd signalled the position of the company on that one...plain and simple.

Too bad AWAPPA/AOL and their band of gypsies don't get it. They will.

You forgot to mention that he affirmed he'd do whatever the courts made him. I suggest you re-read the transcripts from November. Judge Wake "signaled his position on that one...plain and simple"

too bad you don't get it...You will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back