Us Airways Searches For Cash

I would just like to add, as 320 said in an earlier post, that Mesa receives almost 50% of their revenue from Airways, plus 40% from AmericaWest.

They also earn about 30% from United.

No wonder Mesa makes money!!!

the turtle said:
I would just like to add, as 320 said in an earlier post, that Mesa receives almost 50% of their revenue from Airways, plus 40% from AmericaWest.

They also earn about 30% from United.

No wonder Mesa makes money!!!
[post="262232"][/post]​
Wow! That's 120%! No wonder they're so profitable.

:D

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways, America West merger rumors are flying

ARLINGTON (USA Today) - Is a merger in the works between US Airways and America West? Officially, nothing is underway. In fact, there's no concrete evidence of even informal talks between the airlines.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="262297"][/post]​

So now, if a merger or linkage does occur, USA320Pilot is covered, because he posted the link to the AZ Repulic, PIT P-G, AND made the link with JP Morgan.

If a merger doesn't occur, he has posted a link saying, "Officially, nothing is underway."

USA320Pilot is now indemnified either way. He can now say:

1) "Who was the first to post the link about the merger?"
AND
2) "Who was the first to tell you that it was all a big rumor?"

USA320Pilot, what do your super-secret senior management sources say? Obviously they know what is going on. And you talk to them regularly, right? So come on, tell us. Inquiring minds want to know...

US Airways searches for cash

ARLINGTON (TheDeal.com) - The airline industry is abuzz with talk that bankrupt US Airways Group Inc., in search of funding needed to complete its reorganization, is in talks with America West Holdings Corp. for financing that could speed the pace of consolidation in the domestic airline sector.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

So which is it?

"Is a merger in the works between US Airways and America West? Officially, nothing is underway."

-OR-

"The airline industry is abuzz with talk that bankrupt US Airways Group Inc., in search of funding needed to complete its reorganization, is in talks with America West Holdings Corp. for financing that could speed the pace of consolidation in the domestic airline sector."

You personally speak with the people who would know...

funguy2 said:
So which is it?

You don't really expect an answer to that, do you?

"Is a merger in the works between US Airways and America West? Officially, nothing is underway."

-OR-

"The airline industry is abuzz with talk that bankrupt US Airways Group Inc., in search of funding needed to complete its reorganization, is in talks with America West Holdings Corp. for financing that could speed the pace of consolidation in the domestic airline sector."

You personally speak with the people who would know...
[post="262304"][/post]​

With the rumor mill spinning at this pace.. I'd have to a assume some kind of deal is almost upon us. I'd expect to hear something within the next 2 weeks.

Wow. The combined network would really have the interstate West Virginia, Kansas, and Montana service covered. :elvis:

US Airways searches for cash

ARLINGTON (TheDeal.com) - The airline industry is abuzz with talk that bankrupt US Airways Group Inc., in search of funding needed to complete its reorganization, is in talks with America West Holdings Corp. for financing that could speed the pace of consolidation in the domestic airline sector.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I think this America West, Republic, Air Wisconsin stuff will move United to make an offer for Usair .... soon.

Back