Us Airways Sees Jetblue, America West As Models

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Dateline: Wednesday September 15, 2004

Installation of "state-of-the-art" inflight entertainment systems in its aircraft, continued simplification of its pricing structure to model the low-fare carriers and de-peaking of hub operations all are part of US Airways' strategy to emerge from its second bankruptcy reorganization, according to a court filing by the carrier.

Click Here

Retrofitting their fleet with IFE systems isn't going to be cheap. Where is the money for that going to come from?

It kills me how they say that quality IFE is an important marketing tool. Yes it is nice to have, but FARES are what is important. The perfect example of that is................... SOUTHWEST ............... What IFE do they have?

Hope777 said:
It kills me how they say that quality IFE is an important marketing tool. Yes it is nice to have, but FARES are what is important. The perfect example of that is................... SOUTHWEST ............... What IFE do they have?
[post="180287"][/post]​
Hope777, it's the "dumbing down" of America. I swear to God, people are getting dumber by the day in this country. I mean look at my avatar, what do we expect with that as the example? :ph34r:

It gives the airline a cutting edge. True, it still is a rate-based market, but many people would be willing to spend a couple extra dollars for it. But it isn't unique, they will still have to compete with B6 and Song who already have it, so for the money, I'm not so sure the benefits outweigh the costs.

HP doesn't have the kind of IFE that Jet Blue does.

As for dumbing down, well, just look to Dan Rather, using forged memos and wanting to believe a story so much that he was willing to sell out his principles.

But, thankfully there is a new media that is not putting up with the crap antics of bias at CBS. :up:

HPearlyretiree said:
HP doesn't have the kind of IFE that Jet Blue does.

As for dumbing down, well, just look to Dan Rather, using forged memos and wanting to believe a story so much that he was willing to sell out his principles.

But, thankfully there is a new media that is not putting up with the crap antics of bias at CBS. :up:
[post="180290"][/post]​
HEAR, HEAR!!!!! Good point :up:

You know what; I agree with you about CBS News. They've violated dozens of journalism ethics with not double, triple, and quadruple fact-checking their sources. Kind of like Jason Blair at the NY Times. I suspect old Dan will resign over this. He put his balls out there; and they got cut off. This is what happens when you have dirty campaigning in this country. This goes both ways guys. People are so caught up in the emotions that they can't see fact from fiction. All I gotta say is who ever is elected will be good news. How can that be? Well, if Kerry is elected that means Bush is out of office; and if Bush is elected it means we only have four more years of him.

E-TRONS said:
Yeah. Only four more years to dismantle the middle class in this country :down:
[post="180316"][/post]​

E-TRONS, a lot of the middle class only have themselves to blame. I was talking to my kid's friend mother the other day. Seems she lost her job in a downsizing as her job was sent overseas. She said she's voting for Bush because he's better for the economy. I asked her, well, that's nice and all but are you better off now than you were four years ago? She said, no. I asked to you think after four years of not doing well that this is going to change if Bush is in office four more years? She said she didn't know but that her church said Jesus would want her to vote for Bush. And, with that she said she had to hurry off to Wal-Mart to buy some toys for a birthday party. Again, I am left wondering is there some dumb drugs being sent through the airwaves? :huh:

Bill, with all due respect, this is on topic. We're middle class and we're talking about how this relates to our jobs. Given the past week and the political statements being made regarding US Airways, I don't see how you can say politics and US Airways can't be discussed here.

Umm, you've discussed the following items:

"You know what; I agree with you about CBS News. They've violated dozens of journalism ethics with not double, triple, and quadruple fact-checking their sources."

E-Trons has discussed:

"Yeah. Only four more years to dismantle the middle class in this country."

Not wholly relevant, eh?

Back