US airways Sponsors LIFE LOCK

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
US airways Sponsors LIFE LOCK …

Anyone pick up a copy of the us airways magazine lately ? Foolish question I know …
Turns out us airways is promoting life lock in our mag , in fact our little us airways symbol is featured front and center on the life lock add ….
I listed some news links about life lock below …. Their not well liked …
I don’t have a problem per say with letting them advertise with us , but I think someone somewhere goofed by putting OUR symbol in their add … it’s funny , I immediately noticed the life lock add and our symbol on the same page because I had read something about life lock in the WSJ about their company and it’s “problems “

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/02/experian-sues-l.html

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/05/l...ock-sued-a.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LifeLock

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-07-19/...ey-for-nothing/

So to sum it up , life lock is a problem company …. Let’s not keep them TOO close …..

LifeLock gives LCC employees a discount on their memberships.

They tell you up front when you sign up that they do absolutely nothing for you that you could not do for free by yourself if you had the time and the organizational skills to keep up with it.

I think the $1 million insurance to make things right might be worth the membership fee. Not because you would lose a bunch of money (your credit cards already have a stop-loss feature,) but you may need some legal help in the form of letters from attorneys to get some attention from the credit bureaus.

Experian is just pissed off because LifeLock directly competes with their own inferior products.

Lifelock is a waste of money. Anyone can put an alert on their credit report to be notified by phone if someone tries to open a new credit account in your name. You can also check out you credit report for free at www.annualcreditreport.com for experian, equifax, and transunion. I run one every 4 months just to keep it in check. You should never carry your social security card with you, but instead keep it in a safe in your home. Also, use different passwords for your accounts and keep a master copy in a safe. This limits the possibility of someone getting all your information. Only carry one credit card with you and leave the others at home in a safe place. Don't use you SSN for you drivers license number. All this for free instead of spending money on lifelock.

Lifelock is a waste of money. Anyone can put an alert on their credit report to be notified by phone if someone tries to open a new credit account in your name. You can also check out you credit report for free at www.annualcreditreport.com for experian, equifax, and transunion. I run one every 4 months just to keep it in check. You should never carry your social security card with you, but instead keep it in a safe in your home. Also, use different passwords for your accounts and keep a master copy in a safe. This limits the possibility of someone getting all your information. Only carry one credit card with you and leave the others at home in a safe place. Don't use you SSN for you drivers license number. All this for free instead of spending money on lifelock.
And that guy Todd got burned for advertising his own SSN in those commercials.

And that guy Todd got burned for advertising his own SSN in those commercials.

Yet people still sign up for it. Brilliant! There is a lawsuit, or at least there was one, against lifelock for not standing up to the one million dollar guarantee. I guest in some states it does not apply.

From experience I can tell you that LifeLock has saved me from identity theft when someone hacked into a store's computer system. They were all over it and notified me that there was fraudulent activity sited. They took care of it, as they advertised. I also no longer get all of those unsolicited credit card offers in the mail. It saved me a ton of time and I didn't even know it was going on. So, I totally disagree with you all on this. Experience it without Life Lock and you will have your hands full for months trying to stop all of the activity.

From experience I can tell you that LifeLock has saved me from identity theft when someone hacked into a store's computer system. They were all over it and notified me that there was fraudulent activity sited. They took care of it, as they advertised. I also no longer get all of those unsolicited credit card offers in the mail. It saved me a ton of time and I didn't even know it was going on. So, I totally disagree with you all on this. Experience it without Life Lock and you will have your hands full for months trying to stop all of the activity.

What happened is there was an alert put on your credit report and that alerted you. Again, anyone can do that for free. I don't get those pre approved credit card offers because I called equifax and had them put an alert on mine and my husbands report. It is then passed on to the other credit reporting bureaus. The point is, what lifelock does, anyone can do for free instead of paying someone else to do it. I am just one that likes to be in control and give the fewest people my information.

For those of us that travel with a laptop, I highly recommend PassWords Plus. It’s an outstanding utility that stores and protects PINs, passwords, etc. with 128-bit encryption.

I’ve been using it for about five years now wouldn’t want to be without it. Works with Windows, Mac and Palm OS.

30 day free trial; purchase it for $30 after that:

http://www.dataviz.com/products/passwordsplus/index.html

Shouldn't your post have read something like this?

Well Folks this is now the umpteenth time I've shot from the hip and started running my mouth about things that I know nothing about.

While my opinion is that Juniper Bank is a predatory lender, you can check these sites for information

Epinions.com

Complaints Board Web site

Another web site on Juniper

What I failed to say about these sites is that while the complaints board lists a mere 2 pages of complaints about Juniper, there are 12 pages of complaints against Bank of America on that same site. A whopping 6 times more than my current target of hatred while badmouthing US. I know that I said BoA is an "established large bank with at least a good if not great reputation" in a different thread, I will not admit that I was wrong because it will then prove that I really don't know what I'm talking about here.

Furtermore, the 3rd site I listed actually states the following:

"Apple ended the contract with Barclays quietly switching to the Juniper Visa."

That's right, it was actually an endorsement of Juniper, not what I presented as "fact".

I apologize for being such a blowhard. It appears I'm once again blowing hot air out of my ass.

:rolleyes:

The 'store' would be responsible for the theft. They would have been responsible for purchases made due to the theft and would have had to inform you of the theft. Even if this may have been a long process, the store must also give you free credit checks.

In the long run, you should watch ALL money movements in ALL your accounts at least once a week. The only thing LifeLock took care of was something that could have been done with one's own research and vigilance. I assume this was a credit card? Your SS# can be used for fraudulant activity and LL wouldn't even know it. Just ask Todd!

Back