US Airways Strained by Pilot Safety Drive

Guys and gals, this thread has gone far astray from the original topic. Isn't there already a rather long thread for the ceaseless East vs West donnybrook?

Look, I know it is a very big deal for the pilots, but please keep your dispute away from creeping into almost every other topic on this forum. Thank you.

Mods, it might be time to send this thread to live on a farm upstate.

At least this one started on pilot issues - the safety or "safety" campaign, depending on point of view. That's better than most of the threads that morph into into the usual pilot trash talk.

Jim

Just for the record.....last week my European trip was cancelled due to maintenance after a 3 hr delay.

Last night, my European flight was delayed 3 hrs due to maintenance. Don't get me wrong...not due to mechanics, but due to maintenance, which is a management function.

Just to update those of you who don't believe the pilots.

breeze

Just for the record.....last week my European trip was cancelled due to maintenance after a 3 hr delay.

Last night, my European flight was delayed 3 hrs due to maintenance. Don't get me wrong...not due to mechanics, but due to maintenance, which is a management function.

Just to update those of you who don't believe the pilots.

breeze
So are you saying that you never had 3hr MX delays or cancellations prior to May 1st? If you did have these kinds of delays they are already accounted for in the data management presented to judge Conrad. If you didn't have delays and cancellations prior to May 1st, then I guess you must be implying that Management is running around intentionally breaking airplanes and costing themselves significant bonus opportunities related to financial and operational performance metrics just to make USAPA look guilty. You and several others keep trying to use regular operational events to explain away the highly irregular data that shows that some east pilots have engaged in an illegal job action. I don't buy it and odds are quite good judge Conrad didn't buy it either.

So are you saying that you never had 3hr MX delays or cancellations prior to May 1st? If you did have these kinds of delays they are already accounted for in the data management presented to judge Conrad. If you didn't have delays and cancellations prior to May 1st, then I guess you must be implying that Management is running around intentionally breaking airplanes and costing themselves significant bonus opportunities related to financial and operational performance metrics just to make USAPA look guilty. You and several others keep trying to use regular operational events to explain away the highly irregular data that shows that some east pilots have engaged in an illegal job action. I don't buy it and odds are quite good judge Conrad didn't buy it either.

All due respect,

please consider that May 1st is when the European summer travel kicks in each year and the aircraft demands are much higher, along with the warmer temps playing a part.

In about October, the European travel season comes to a halt and maintenance will have more time to keep up......a moot point this winter. However, unless there is a change in the way management is opereating next summer, we will see the same pattern....mark your calendar.

IMHO, of course.
breeze

Breeze, do you remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine's friend kept going on and on about her Fiancee? That's what European has become.

Breeze, do you remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine's friend kept going on and on about her Fiancee? That's what European has become.

Well, I guess I missed that one. If you're suggesting that my reporting that my flight was late each time is getting old, I will drop that. But, understand that there is a good reason for the delays and cancellations......and it doesn't start with the pilot group. It will get quiet this winter with the pull down in Trans Atlantic flying, but just watch....next summer will flare up again.

breeze

Just the constant, repetitive - European. We get it, you like long cross countries, going to bed real early (HDT) and chatting withg the Customs people. You'll never see me envying that type of flying.

Just the constant, repetitive - European. We get it, you like long cross countries, going to bed real early (HDT) and chatting withg the Customs people. You'll never see me envying that type of flying.

I C.....this type of flying does get old, but it is where the pay is best for me at this time. Also, with the age of the 75-76 fleet and the amount of time that each airplane spends in the air each day, these old ladies are struggling, so that is why I reference Trans Atlantic so much. It is hard to sit by and hear the West pilots claim that the pilots are in a slow down when much of it is legit delays, out of the pilot's control.

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means bragging about flying to Europe, it has many downsides too......but I need the cash. :)

breeze

That's one of those things that just burns me. They (management) don't get the planes off on time. We, the workers do. Pilots, flight attendants, agents, rampers and the tower. No one else.

We should be the only ones getting a bonus. Not everyone in the company....including DP!

We've been doing this (pushing on time) from the get-go yet HQ via the Board Of Directors slipped that one through (bonus program) so they could skim profits. And that's all it is....skimming profits.....and patting themselves on the back for it.

Doug gets $38 for each on time flight, but remember, you MIGHT get 50 in a month............

Latest posts

Back