US Airways to increase Delta bid?

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
Senators: Would merged Delta serve small cities?

US Airways president Scott Kirby said US Airways has been in a communication this week with the committee, which is meeting today. Kirby said it's possible US Airways could increase its bid for a second time.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Senators: Would merged Delta serve small cities?

US Airways president Scott Kirby said US Airways has been in a communication this week with the committee, which is meeting today. Kirby said it's possible US Airways could increase its bid for a second time.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

First, a clarification.

I AM a STRONG proponent of consolidation, and I really Hope you guys "pull this off",

BUT (and I've got NO proof, to back up my "feeling")

Unless Parker puts up an ABSURD amount of $$$$$$$$, I do NOT see this deal, getting done. !!!!

The whole world can see Parker is DESPERATE to hook up with a REAL "BIG BOY", and believe me, I'm NOT knocking the guy. I think he's got "a Pair", like a RHINO :shock:

We will CERTAINLY know, a week from now !!

NH/BB's

He already has put up an absurd amount once, and may top that amount. It appears as if he is very determined to get this deal done... :rolleyes:

He already has put up an absurd amount once, and may top that amount. It appears as if he is very determined to get this deal done... :rolleyes:

Mr. Parker has been fishing for King Salmon for the last two months. He thought they were biting. They weren't.

He added more bait.

"They'll bite now, for sure", he thought. They didn't, except for a couple of minnows.

He's finally realizing that he picked a bad place to fish.

There are probably two more acts left in this sad story:

First, Mr. Parker will up the offer once again (after saying two offers ago that he was offering too much already). Then he will change his tune and extend his Feb. 1st deadline.

Next, the exciting finale. Mr. Parker catches a few more minnows, but the big fish are still avoiding the bait. He packs up his stuff, stops by the jail to say "hey" to Goober and Barney, then heads home to eat some of Aunt Bee's apple pie.

Abe

In Parker's last offer the creditors get just under 50% equity in the company, I think it was 49.6% or somthing. My question is how much more is ther to give before you give up control of the company to the creditors?

Next, the exciting finale. Mr. Parker catches a few more minnows, but the big fish are still avoiding the bait. He packs up his stuff, stops by the jail to say "hey" to Goober and Barney, then heads home to eat some of Aunt Bee's apple pie.
Abe

A = NO!

B = NO!!

Z = NOPE..!

L = OK.....!

(A + B) + Z = L

or

Z / (A+B)= L

:blink:

Back