US Airways withdrawing China Application?

The profession being in the crapper has nothing to do with 9/11.

If that has to be explained to anyone who is a pilot then he does not understand the profession.

And therein lies the problem. Being totally fearful of a management ultimatum of "give it back or we shut it down" is the problem. How often has management said that to Exxon or any other fuel supplier?

We don't run the airline. We fly the jets. We are labor. I don't care about CASM, oil prices, landing fees or anything other than flying the jets. That is MY profession. Managements job is to run the airline. And Southwest does precisely that. How is it they can pay their pilots 40% more? Because 9/11 didn't affect them?

We are only as strong as the weakest among us. 320Driver is as weak as they come. Just read his posts.

He and his cowardly band of brothers are why the profession is in the crapper. Because they will fly anything, anytime, anywhere for any amount.

You can't fix stupid and cowardice. You can only marvel at the lack of foresight and guts some guys have.

pilot

You call me stupid and cowardly because I want to work for an airline that is healthy, good to the customers and pays me fairly.

1. What's wrong with that?
2. Why do you have to get personal?
3. Why are you so angry?

If you can't find any pleasure in what you do anymore, then what makes you think that money is going to change it?

A320 Driver B)

We drool at the Southwest pay scales when IMO the thing they have that I REALLY want is a healthy airline...the money will come.
A320 Driver (I like my handle) B)

This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. ;)
You sound like an Express Pilot

You call me stupid and cowardly because I want to work for an airline that is healthy, good to the customers and pays me fairly.

1. What's wrong with that?
2. Why do you have to get personal?
3. Why are you so angry?

If you can't find any pleasure in what you do anymore, then what makes you think that money is going to change it?
A320 Driver B)

I love what I do. I hate non airline people (Parker, Siegel, and the rest) taking advantage of naive pilots like you. Pilots who think management wants a healthy airline who is good to the customers and pays you fairly.

I despise pilots who won't stand up for a profession to FORCE a management to run the airline the way you mentioned. They cannot run the airline without the pilots. Do you understand that? We've always had the leverage but you guys are unwilling to use it.

And, YES, that involves risk. Risk of losing your precious "job". That is part of being labor and not management. It involves guts and self confidence in ones ability to earn a living doing something other than flying airplanes.

I assume you have a college degree and some sense of how much a car salesman can make. FYI - More than a lot of our F/O's.

You mentioned in one of your posts to wish the AWA scab well and send him on his way to enjoy the retirement. He's a scab man. What is wrong with you? That's why it's personal. Because you and your "feel good" attitude wish, WISH, for the airline you dream of and dismiss the lowest form of life on earth. A man who would take another mans livelihood.

You can blame the ills of this profession on whatever you like. But the reality is that unless you and your spineless cohorts figure out what I'm talking about you will never, ever, get your "wish".

We all want to work in your airline Nirvana.

Some of us are willing to risk it all to get there. And some of your aren't willing to risk anything. And then forgive the scabs who also helped bring down the profession.

You're damn right it's personal. Grow some gonads and figure out what it is you do for a living. Then be willing and ready to fight for it. And accept the risk that fight will involve.

pilot

I love what I do. I hate non airline people (Parker, Siegel, and the rest) taking advantage of naive pilots like you. Pilots who think management wants a healthy airline who is good to the customers and pays you fairly.

I despise pilots who won't stand up for a profession to FORCE a management to run the airline the way you mentioned. They cannot run the airline without the pilots. Do you understand that? We've always had the leverage but you guys are unwilling to use it.

And, YES, that involves risk. Risk of losing your precious "job". That is part of being labor and not management. It involves guts and self confidence in ones ability to earn a living doing something other than flying airplanes.

I assume you have a college degree and some sense of how much a car salesman can make. FYI - More than a lot of our F/O's.

You mentioned in one of your posts to wish the AWA scab well and send him on his way to enjoy the retirement. He's a scab man. What is wrong with you? That's why it's personal. Because you and your "feel good" attitude wish, WISH, for the airline you dream of and dismiss the lowest form of life on earth. A man who would take another mans livelihood.

You can blame the ills of this profession on whatever you like. But the reality is that unless you and your spineless cohorts figure out what I'm talking about you will never, ever, get your "wish".

Some of us are willing to risk it all to get there. And some of your aren't willing to risk anything. And then forgive the scabs who also helped bring down the profession.

You're damn right it's personal. Grow some gonads and figure out what it is you do for a living. Then be willing and ready to fight for it. And accept the risk that fight will involve.

pilot

I am concerned about your health. Anger and stress really take the years away.

Breath in...breath out...relax.

A320 Driver B)

don't adress the points. typical cowardice.

the ONLY person you care about is yourself.

pilot

QUOTE(pilot @ Jul 2 2007, 09:13 AM)

pilot

I am concerned about your health. Anger and stress really take the years away.

Breath in...breath out...relax.

A320 Driver B)

A320..I think that you just entirely confirmed everything that "pilot" posted via your Cutsie-Pie reply...... :down:

I'll now second his thoughts fully: "Grow some gonads and figure out what it is you do for a living. Then be willing and ready to fight for it. And accept the risk that fight will involve."

Tempe, Ariz.-based US Airways (LCC)is another major carrier without non-stop flights to the China mainland. But spokeswoman Andrea Rader says her airline won't compete with Delta for this year's China rights. Instead, the carrier will focus on competition for rights to be granted by DOT for flights to begin in 2009. "China is a big endeavor for us, so we want to do it right," she says.

mawahahahaha

USAToday

Typical management answer
Do you need help
Labor leader answer
We need "self help"

Yes it is a "management" answer..."Anger Management".

I do my job.
I follow ALPA's three pronged approach.
I would not cross an East or West picket line.
I have issues with ALPA and management.
I voted NO on LOA 93.
I make suggestions on how to make things better.
I try not to take all of this personal.
I think self help is the LAST course of action, but I don't fear it.

You people judge me and you don't even know me, but, that's about par for the course around here. I used to get angry and post but it was almost always a mistake. You guys bother me about as much as a rainy day.

A320 Driver B)

Latest posts