Us Merger Looking More Like A Take Over

"...but am hoping someone has some intelligent comments about the man."

What you mean to say is ...some nice things to say about the man.

What you have to realize is that the US Airways employees are like battered animals. We've been beaten down and whipsawed and abused for so long (15 years at least) by so many inept managers that we can't imagine anybody in management being out for anyone but themselves. You won't get kind comments about anybody in our management (except maybe Jim Schear) from anyone here.
I'm hoping and praying that Doug Parker will be different, we'll see.

On the bright side I had several AWA folks onboard my airplane who were inspecting facilities. I was VERY impressed with them. They seemed to actually want to run an airline. AND they weren't in suits- Khakis and golf shirts, I love it!
The future? If so- count me in.

HP Manager said:
What is the true and accurate story about Mr. Crellin? Due to his position, I wouldn't expect anyone in Labor to have anything nice to say but am hoping someone has some intelligent comments about the man.
[post="284315"][/post]​

Excuse me but are you saying that anyone who is hourly by definition must hate management? Well you are wrong. I have praised Doug very publiclly, and have said good things about other management folks.

hp_fa said:
Excuse me but are you saying that anyone who is hourly by definition must hate management? Well you are wrong.
[post="284350"][/post]​

I agree. I know lots of people who are not happy with the things that HAD to happen to get US thru the past few years (and we all knew they had to happen), but thats a far cry from the way things COULD have been or could have been handled differently. Many people understand the hard things that had to happen to get us to where we are today, but there were just as many things that DIDNT have to happen the way they did and THAT is the difference between having good management and bad.

HP FA..I think you misunderstood my comment. My thoughts aren't that hourly Employees have nothing positive to say about Management as a whole. My thought was, that it is clear that any hourly Employee at US Airways obviously has nothing positive to say about this man in general. Since I will be reporting to him indirectly, I am just curious as to what he did. If he is only guilty of looking out for himself (or perceived to be) then he is not evil. He is no different than anyone from the top of the food chain to the bottom.

Travelpro72 said:
LOL.....thats ok, how many people still call us Usair....
[post="284220"][/post]​

The US Airways graphic used by of one the TV stations in CLT is of a DC-9-30 in "wordmark" ( post PI merger) colors. Suprised they don't use the old "three shades of rust" late seventies scheme.

I have mixed feelings about the US Aiways name being kept. IMHO, use of the HP name would help (US) employees feel that the merger truly is the start of new era and it's time to leave all the negativity and bitterness behind.

As as the colors themselves go: While I think the US Airways paint scheme is absolutely beautiful on a freshly painted airplane, it does tend to fade. And after what happened to those 737-300s sent down to the Louisiana paintshop for waranty work, I'd hesitate to send any more planes there for spruce-up. How about a white fuselage ("Eurowhite" or with stripes, keeping the blue tail and flag motiiff. (The Star Alliance ships look great.)

Dont call me Shirley said:
The US Airways graphic used by of one the TV stations in CLT is of a DC-9-30 in "wordmark" ( post PI merger) colors. Suprised they don't use the old "three shades of rust" late seventies scheme.

I have mixed feelings about the US Aiways name being kept. IMHO, use of the HP name would help (US) employees feel that the merger truly is the start of new era and it's time to leave all the negativity and bitterness behind.

As as the colors themselves go: While I think the US Airways paint scheme is absolutely beautiful on a freshly painted airplane, it does tend to fade.  And after what happened to those 737-300s sent down to the Louisiana paintshop for waranty work, I'd hesitate to send any more planes there for spruce-up.  How about a white fuselage ("Eurowhite" or with stripes, keeping the blue tail and flag motiiff.  (The Star Alliance ships look great.)
[post="284511"][/post]​

You are right, DCMS, the tops of our planes are fading AND chipping. They are embarrassing.

As for the name, the problem with America West is that for some strange reason, people keep calling AW AmericaN West. I here it from airport busdrivers, passengers. Hell, FOX NEWS printed American West on their ticker the other night. Anyway, I can remember when the name Continental was no better.

Good management and a well ran airline will change that AND very good marketing. Something U has NEVER really had. I like the modified version I have seen out here with the AWA white with the redstrip and dark blue on the bottom with the same tail. I would like to see a small cactus at the nose of each a/c with the words Spirit of the Cactus as a way of preserving the AWA spirit.

firstamendment said:
I would like to see a small cactus at the nose of each a/c with the words Spirit of the Cactus as a way of preserving the AWA spirit.
[post="284515"][/post]​

That's very big of you.

autofixer said:
Why not name the planes like Piedmont did. Ie, The Santa Fe Cactus or the Philly cactus.?
[post="284536"][/post]​

The Cactus Pacemakers? "Get On Board the Up and Coming Airline that Begins With U and Catch our Smile!!!" :lol:

HP Manager said:
HP FA..I think you misunderstood my comment. My thoughts aren't that hourly Employees have nothing positive to say about Management as a whole. My thought was, that it is clear that any hourly Employee at US Airways obviously has nothing positive to say about this man in general. Since I will be reporting to him indirectly, I am just curious as to what he did. If he is only guilty of looking out for himself (or perceived to be) then he is not evil. He is no different than anyone from the top of the food chain to the bottom.
[post="284384"][/post]​

HPManager, go over to the US board & read the thread "damm me to hell" it's all about Crellin.

HP Manager said:
Since I will be reporting to him indirectly, I am just curious as to what he did.

Then you need to watch your back.

If he is only guilty of looking out for himself (or perceived to be) then he is not evil.

Keep that word in mind; it'll come in handy.
hb

The Star Alliance planes were painted in Roswell, NM, a differant vendor then leading edge who did the boeing paint jobs.

700UW said:
The Star Alliance planes were painted in Roswell, NM, a differant vendor then leading edge who did the boeing paint jobs.
[post="284679"][/post]​
i suppose next you'll tell us this was accomplished by non union migrants from another world?

HP Manager said:
What is the true and accurate story about Mr. Crellin? Due to his position, I wouldn't expect anyone in Labor to have anything nice to say but am hoping someone has some intelligent comments about the man.
[post="284315"][/post]​

It's unfortunate that Al Crellin has developed a bad reputation. Unfortunately due to constant management blunders; the greatest and latest of which was the Christmas 2004 PHL fiasco, the reputation is well deserved.

It happened on his watch. It made nationwide news. It affected many thousands of passengers whose Christmas was ruined. It affected the holidays of the employees of the rest of the company, who had to work endless hours to get people and bags to where they had to go.

So you see, it's not just an issue of US employees unhappy about paycuts. It's an issue of an embarrassment to the employees of the company as well. It caused demoralization after poor labor relations.

If you or I had caused 1/1000 of the chaos that "Al's Follies" created for the company in December 2004, we would have been shown the door.

Most US employees feel that Al should be shown the door as well, and not be given a job of responsibility in the new organization.

In case you're not familiar with what happened in PHL during Christmas 2004
here are a couple of links that linger:
Story
Story

I hope it answers your question.

delldude said:
i suppose next you'll tell us this was accomplished by non union migrants from another world?
[post="284739"][/post]​

:D ROTFL!!!

Another world or not, they did a good job. And without using putty knifes on the lap joints! :rolleyes:

(For the benefit of the HP folks who don't know what I'm talking about: Can someone please post a link to one of threads about the real reason for the ugly "no brainer" (no)paint job.

[I'm too tired at the moment.]

Another way to preserve the Cactus spirit would be for the "Cactus" radio call sign to be retained. US still uses "US Air"; I understand the reason is that ICAO doesn't like call signs longer than three syllables.

Latest posts