US Pilot Labor Thread 9/7-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

On first glance it appears that section VIII B of the TA modifies the West contract to limit RJ's operated as West Express to 88/90 seats, an increase from 84/86 seats.

TA section VIII C modifies both West and East contracts to allow the number of CRJ900/equivalent to 93 combined - a change to subsection ii through iv of the West contract and the BK1 & 2 LOA's of the East contract. Unfortunately, I don't have the East LOA's - computer housekeeping did away with them a while back - so don't really know the precise changes made to them. It may be that the CRJ700's at PSA count as part of the 93 - it all depends on wording, and the TA doesn't break it down by (size) small jet the way the East LOA's do.

Jim

Side letter #91 is what I believe you are referring to, it's 31 pages long and almost unreadable.

No reference to prior LOA's is required for Large SJ scope.

The Transition Agreement is very specific -

"The US Airways and America West collective bargaining agreements will be modified to allow for a combined maximum of 93 CRJ-900, or other aircraft within the seating and maximum take-off weight limits specified in Paragraph B above,......."

Paragraph B specifies max seating of 88/90(no first class) seats and/or max TO weight 90000lbs - no specific aircraft mentioned.

All previous LOA's and Contractual language is clearly modified by VIII.C. of the Transition Agreement.

Well done, Jerry Glass. An 'Own Goal' is the term I believe. :up:

All previous LOA's and Contractual language is clearly modified by VIII.C. of the Transition Agreement.
I agree, except the language of the East LOA's is very different that the language in the West contract. I found LOA 91 on line, BTW.

The West contract mentions the CRJ900/equivalent in each subsection that limits the maximum number allowed but uses seating capacity ranges to specify the max number of RJ's allowed in each size range - i.e. 51-70 seats = 50 max. All of those numbers seem to be clearly increased to 93 as well as the total number of RJ's also limited to 93.

However, the East LOA 91 uses the small, medium, & large small jet terminology lacking in the TA and contains no language for anything larger than 70 seats (CRJ700) at Express in general and 76 seats (E170/175) at MDA initially then later modified to allow the E170/175 operation at an affiliated Express carrier.

So it's unclear to me whether the TA modifies the LSJ definition to include the CRJ900, thus including the CRJ700 in the 93 plane combined limit) or adds a new category of RJ's (call them ultra-large SJ's) that are bigger than the CRJ700 and limited to 93 planes at East and West combined. If the former then US is 17 planes over the limit, but if the latter then US is only 3 planes over the limit (both depending on the definition of "in revenue service").

Since the East LOA includes the E170/175 in the LSJ definition and if the TA adds a new category of even larger RJ's (CRJ900/equivalent), it could even be argued that the E170/175's don't count toward the 93 plane limit under the East contract. However, the West contract covers that wrinkle.

Jim

Not sure if this has been covered, but the 170's were originally 72 seats,( I think)...but the closet was removed and seats added...new config is 76 on the 170's (which are being phased out of the system, and replaced by 175's)

The 175's are 86 seats...same as the CRJ900.

Gross weight for each is about 82K lbs....if memory serves correctly.

(both depending on the definition of "in revenue service").

Jim

For purposes
of this Subsection 1.D.2., mainline aircraft
“in revenue serviceâ€￾ includes delivered
aircraft in maintenance and/or designated
as a spare.

Only definition I could find on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.