US Pilots Labor Thread 1/28 to 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stating facts is hardly 'threatening' someone. Bottom Line. If you guys are so totally convinced that you've (usapa) has done absolutely nothing illegal, from day one with regards to the West, why delay? Why the "deeper pockets to wait it out" strategy? Lee Seham has convinced you guys that you're 100% in the right and you voted 90% in favor. I'd say that's displaying a confidence that you have nothing to fear.

We say you're wrong. We say that all your arguments are completely irrelevant to the real issue...the Judge was stated that as well but we each choose to believe what we want. The Trial will move forward. It will be concluded one way or another.

Also, you and USAPAs negotiating committee wouldn't know what "leverage" was if it punched them in the face. They have less than zero leverage at the table and they'll never gain any as long as an entire section of the contract is tied up in Fed. court. That game can go on for years and years if either side wants it to. So, as you phl reps say, you are being held hostage by litigation. They forgot to mention they were the reason for it.

Are you betting your life on this cowboy?

We say....I say...you say....

It's hammer-time, kiddo. This has been fun, but the time has come for us to part in the most un-flattering way possible.

This may leave a mark on you...I suspect it will....

Are you betting your life on this cowboy?

We say....I say...you say....

It's hammer-time, kiddo. This has been fun, but the time has come for us to part in the most un-flattering way possible.

This may leave a mark on you...I suspect it will....

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH! SCARY!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

This keeps being thrown out. With East flying more of the old West routes and West flying more of the old East routes, it'd be nice if someone could support it with hard numbers.

Oh, that's right...there are no hard numbers (or even soft numbers) since US stopped reporting East and West separately 1-1/2 years ago.

Jim

Mark Twain said:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

So, let's look at what they do. When fuel skyrocketed, Doug said we needed to look at every market and make cuts to those that are least profitable. Most of the cuts came from? Jim? Care to take this one? Yes, it's okay to to say it when you know the answer. PHX and LAS.

Actions speak louder than words. Watch what Parker does, and that should make it eminently clear where the profitable routes are, nothwithstanding that your analysis says separate reporting stopped 1-1/2 years ago.

I'm stateside and all night to F' you up if you want....
yup...I'm sick of stupid.
Hey...Zamfir, while you play your "tube"

how stupid.
So, let's look at what they do.

All this time, Des, and neither you nor no one else can answer the question it seems. nycbusdriver gets points for attempting to, but missed it by a wide margin. As usual, you and UU got your childish taunts in and slap each other on the back in celebration of how smart you think you are.

If that's the best you can do...pitiful, just pitiful.

Jim

So, let's look at what they do. When fuel skyrocketed, Doug said we needed to look at every market and make cuts to those that are least profitable. Most of the cuts came from? Jim? Care to take this one? Yes, it's okay to to say it when you know the answer. PHX and LAS.

Actions speak louder than words. Watch what Parker does, and that should make it eminently clear where the profitable routes are, nothwithstanding that your analysis says separate reporting stopped 1-1/2 years ago.
If that were really the case. Why is that I see so many east airplanes flying traditional west routes? Today pulled in, saw 6 east planes at the PHX terminal. That is a daily occurrence. Several times a day. What are those east airplanes doing in the low yield market of the west?

Could it be that Doug has taken the west flying and given it to the east? If the east was so profitable why are those airplanes not flying east routes, generating more money?

I believe that USAPA has a grievance about just this subject. The block hours that have been illegally taken from the west. That could change things a bit if those hours have to go back to where they came. We may see a different look of furloughs.

If that were really the case. Why is that I see so many east airplanes flying traditional west routes? Today pulled in, saw 6 east planes at the PHX terminal. That is a daily occurrence. Several times a day. What are those east airplanes doing in the low yield market of the west?

Six east airplanes (and more) was a daily occurence in PHX LONG before this merger was announced. USAirways didn't "discover" PHX and LAS just because of the merger.

All this time, Des, and neither you nor no one else can answer the question it seems. nycbusdriver gets points for attempting to, but missed it by a wide margin. As usual, you and UU got your childish taunts in and slap each other on the back in celebration of how smart you think you are.

If that's the best you can do...pitiful, just pitiful.

Jim

I beg your pardon! :down: I can smile all I want to and you can't stop me! Neener neener! :lol:

However, the number of WEST aircraft transversing east coast cities, does seem to have increased quite a bit. I believe Parker had stated that there was actually a increase of block hours on the west side, at the time of announced furloughs??? Dunno, haven't kept up with where block hours are....

However, the number of WEST aircraft transversing east coast cities, does seem to have increased quite a bit. I believe Parker had stated that there was actually a increase of block hours on the west side, at the time of announced furloughs??? Dunno, haven't kept up with where block hours are....
The West is around 3600 hrs below the minimum block time by contract.

Six east airplanes (and more) was a daily occurence in PHX LONG before this merger was announced. USAirways didn't "discover" PHX and LAS just because of the merger.
Really! Was AAA running 20-30 flights per day through PHX pre merger? Did AAA run LAS-MIA pre-merger? How about LAS-LAX?

Really! Was AAA running 20-30 flights per day through PHX pre merger? Did AAA run LAS-MIA pre-merger? How about LAS-LAX?
I'm guessing there were 8-10 AAA flights in PHX prior to the merger, and none on the routes you mentioned. How many AWA flights were there in CLT? Save you the research-zero. The fact is that the TA let the company do pretty much whatever they wanted to with A/C routing and the east/west flying is pretty mixed now. I have no idea how the block hour shift came out. Maybe Jim can do some research since he is so good with the numbers!

This route discussion is pretty sophomoric. No one here has the data required to argue either side authoritatively.

All that chit chat about who flys the profitable vs. the money-losing routes is simply a bunch of chest thumping - it is not germane to the labor issues we are experiencing.

What is important are total block hours being flown and requisite pilot cheeks in the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back