US Pilots Labor Thread 1/28 to 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The West is around 3600 hrs below the minimum block time by contract.

Are you sure on this number luv? That's way more than I expected to hear... Maybe this is what a friend of mine out east was talking about. I had no idea they were this out of whack.

Both sides are well under the required block hours. When is the hearing on block hours taking place? I thought I had heard early Feb., is this correct? Also anyone have any idea how the large rj hearing went yesterday? Sure would be nice if we could get that 18 aircraft of flying back to mainline, probrably would bring all the furloughs back.

Are you sure on this number luv? That's way more than I expected to hear... Maybe this is what a friend of mine out east was talking about. I had no idea they were this out of whack.

It is. I saw the documentation. That's why the company is trying desperately to wiggle out of the arbitration hearings by having their people call out sick. The company owes the west pilots about 100 jobs since September because they are under their contractual minimum block hours, and they know it.

At some point, the grievance will be argued and the arbitrator will rule. I expect a lot of west furloughed pilots will either be recalled or pay protected (but who knows what an arbitrator might rule....it doesn't have to be fair now, does it?)

It is. I saw the documentation. That's why the company is trying desperately to wiggle out of the arbitration hearings by having their people call out sick. The company owes the west pilots about 100 jobs since September because they are under their contractual minimum block hours, and they know it.

At some point, the grievance will be argued and the arbitrator will rule. I expect a lot of west furloughed pilots will either be recalled or pay protected (but who knows what an arbitrator might rule....it doesn't have to be fair now, does it?)
It depends on your point of view what fair is. But this arbitration hearing will be about what is legal. Did the company violate the T/A?

If as you say the documentation is correct. Then it is up to USAPA to prove the case. If the facts and the T/A are against the company. Then USAPA should win the case.

If they loss. One of two things. The lawyers were wrong or USAPA failed.

Fair does not really enter into it.

I have no idea how the block hour shift came out. Maybe Jim can do some research since he is so good with the numbers!
Thanks for the faith in my computational skills, but that would be a pretty large mountain to climb. Plus the publicly available data is in pretty large BTS databases - imagine starting with a database containing every commercial flight every day for a month and you quickly get over a million records, each with something like 15-20 data points.

Jim

Well that would be great news for a lot of guys. My friend (east pilot) alluded to a grievance already won but USAPA was waiting to see how the company responded. I am not politically minded and I do not understand why USAPA would keep quiet if they in fact won the argument...

As far as fair... All I can say about that is fair is so subjective the very idea of "fair" seems a ridiculous concept amongst ourselves here. Come to think of it time travel is too! But I'm sure we'll have some here who think they can explain the quantum physics involved... While we all wish to achieve it, it simply is not going to be a reality any time soon. At least not until someone throughly explains the time travel theory.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just saw in AvWeek that US canceled the orders for 3 A318's in January. Not getting the 318 isn't surprising, but not converting those orders to 320/321's even if it entailed pushing the delivery date further out is - at least a little.

AvWeek Article

Jim

Just saw in AvWeek that US canceled the orders for 3 A318's in January. Not getting the 318 isn't surprising, but not converting those orders to 320/321's even if it entailed pushing the delivery date further out is - at least a little.

AvWeek Article

Jim

I am sure there are other west guys that can comment on this but as I understand it the 318 was an original AWA order that was eventually switched to 319/320 a/c. In fact I believe these "3" are now included in the 92 a/c order that was placed last year...

Disclaimer: I am just piecing together bits and pieces of info I have received over the last year or so...

Another taste of UU's ability to avoid an adult discussion at all costs...

Jim

Yes of course, you said so. Actually I think when an adult loses his or her ability to be childlike, then something in that person dies. In its place stands a soul who forgot how to laugh, how to broaden his or her horizons well beyond the things he or she should have left behind long ago. A hearty sense of humor and the ability to know when a door closes that another and perhaps a more interesting one than just hectoring East pilots might just open for you.

Actually I sent you that neener neener post because I knew your reply would be precisely what it was. You are not hard to figure out, Boeing Boy. I think you ought to consider changing your name from Boeing Boy to Grown Up Aviation Curmudgeon Man.

You can't stand it if someone disagrees with you and that has to be obvious to even the most casual reader here. Your ALPO bend is set in stone, no doubt. I don't know why because ALPO stopped serving the needs of pilots many years ago. Even the West pilots wanted to get out from under its tentacles. Pilots really had no say and that is well documented. I'm sure you have the facts to back that up but then they would not serve your purpose. Your purpose seems to be to belittle the East pilots even though you were one of them.

I almost never check out the other airline forums but I peeked at UALs and dang if you don't post there too! I won't guess why you spend so much time on your computer; that is for you to know and is your right. But I don't think you have a right to criticize those who disagree with you in such a disagreeable way.

I am a very grown up person who has developed a life after aviation and am exponentially better off for it. I won't suggest that you do the same but I will bet my ranch that many others here agree......with me.

UU

You can't stand it if someone disagrees with you

Oh...unlike you and others who apparently find disagreement by others so abhorrent that you have to invent reasons to explain away that disagreement. So the usual gamut of reasons come out - bitter, lost pension, had to retire, Alpoid, etc.

That's not "childlike", which can be an admirable trait...but it is childish and immature.

Jim

Oh...unlike you and others who apparently find disagreement by others so abhorrent that you have to invent reasons to explain away that disagreement. So the usual gamut of reasons come out - bitter, lost pension, had to retire, Alpoid, etc.

That's not "childlike", which can be an admirable trait...but it is childish and immature.

Jim

You may separate me out from any others because I have no personal dog in this "fight". I don't think I have spent much time on this forum disagreeing with anyone but you and very little doing that. Since I don't find anyone "abhorrent", then you can count yourself safe there. Those things you site above........" bitter, lost pension, had to retire, Alpoid, etc." have nothing to do with me.

If I was the type to find a person insufferable, I might just pick you but I'm not that type so you are safe again.

Therefore your indictment of me is misplaced to say the least. Would you like to retract your insult to me now? I can take a SWAG at that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back