US Pilots Labor Thread 1/28 to 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that an objection? :blink:

No. I should have made a better statement... I meant to point out that change, real change, can only come from the east as it is the majority. If you are not bothered by the BPR's behavior then like I said USAPA will never realize its potential... To ummm... Be a union.

No. I should have made a better statement... I meant to point out that change, real change, can only come from the east as it is the majority. If you are not bothered by the BPR's behavior then like I said USAPA will never realize its potential... To ummm... Be a union.

Ok. What behavior?

Trying to get the C18 to admit to "criminal" activity?
Didn't happen. USAPA asked "Agreement of each defendant to refrain from any future act of harassment, violence, or economic retaliation aimed at West pilots who wish to participate in USAPA, provided that such agreement will only be required from those individuals against whom such acts have been specifically alleged based on communications (such as e-mail postings) tied to such defendant’s name."

Furlough insurance just window dressing!
Which member in good standing is not receiving assistance?

Trusteeship suggestion from our friends in PHL!
Brice said “Fellow America West pilotsâ€￾ was too much for some to handle. "Evidently he doesn't realize who he represents.
Brice also said, "I believe the mention of “trusteeshipâ€￾ to be nothing more than a hollow threat." Though it is hollow, he apparently feels it is useful to enflame more discord.

Guys, USAPA will never be a union as long as this continues.

We are in agreement. What is the problem?

Fellow America West pilots,
On Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, I attended my first Board of Pilot Representatives (BPR) meeting in Charlotte as your representative.
I listened to LeCarre in person at the BPR meeting. So who ghost wrote his update and his resolutions?
and even strongly suggested that USAPA immediately withdraw the RICO suit. My primary mission this week was to offer the Board the opportunity to change that direction, by presenting two no-cost, good faith opportunities to reach out to the West (i.e. watch what they do, not what they say). Unfortunately, I do not feel as if all of the other Board members properly seized that opportunity
No wonder Brice only quoted his furlough resolution. His RICO resolution was fighting words. No way any BPR is going to vote for a resolution loaded with attacks and misstatements about USAPA. If he offered a resolution that members in good standing be released from the suit, then Id tell my BPR to support it, but he didnt. He attacked our union, which is his right. Free speech and all that. As inaccurate as his rant was, it wasnt censored. A substitute resolution did pass. That will come out in the meeting minutes, without spin.

WHEREAS the Labor Management Disclosure and Reporting Act (LMRDA) provides union members the federally-mandated right to criticize their own union,

Unfortunately for Brices WHEREAS, how many West 18 were union members in good standing? (maybe one was) So no LMRDA right to criticize when your not a member. Criticism is one thing, deliberately jamming up phone lines is something else. But if you join and pay up, our union shouldnt sue a member in good standing. https://Snooperdog.org

I listened to LeCarre in person at the BPR meeting. So who ghost wrote his update and his resolutions?

No wonder Brice only quoted his furlough resolution. His RICO resolution was fighting words. No way any BPR is going to vote for a resolution loaded with attacks and misstatements about USAPA. If he offered a resolution that members in good standing be released from the suit, then Id tell my BPR to support it, but he didnt. He attacked our union, which is his right. Free speech and all that. As inaccurate as his rant was, it wasnt censored. A substitute resolution did pass. That will come out in the meeting minutes, without spin.

WHEREAS the Labor Management Disclosure and Reporting Act (LMRDA) provides union members the federally-mandated right to criticize their own union,

Unfortunately for Brices WHEREAS, how many West 18 were union members in good standing? (maybe one was) So no LMRDA right to criticize when your not a member. Criticism is one thing, deliberately jamming up phone lines is something else. But if you join and pay up, our union shouldnt sue a member in good standing. https://Snooperdog.org

So are you saying that Brice lied to us?

Ok. What behavior?

Quote from the Tiger: QUOTE
Didn't happen. USAPA asked "Agreement of each defendant to refrain from any future act of harassment, violence, or economic retaliation aimed at West pilots who wish to participate in USAPA, provided that such agreement will only be required from those individuals against whom such acts have been specifically alleged based on communications (such as e-mail postings) tied to such defendant’s name."

Thanks for setting the record straight, PHX. I forgot about that. Didnt we also hear paying back the phone calls at 5 Cents a minute? I guess LeCarre forgot about that.

Which member in good standing is not receiving assistance?
Brice said “Fellow America West pilotsâ€￾ was too much for some to handle. "Evidently he doesn't realize who he represents.
Brice also said, "I believe the mention of “trusteeshipâ€￾ to be nothing more than a hollow threat." Though it is hollow, he apparently feels it is useful to enflame more discord.
We are in agreement. What is the problem?
Their problem is the West is getting nothing but spin. Amazing how LeCarre talked a game of accomodation at the meeting then had someone else write up another West rant. Does he really think that in the middle of this Addington DFR wed be stupid enough to remove him? Thats an ALPO trick to squash opposition. http://bigsnoopcity.gr

Quote from the Tiger: QUOTE

Thanks for setting the record straight, PHX. I forgot about that. Didnt we also hear paying back the phone calls at 5 Cents a minute? I guess LeCarre forgot about that.

Their problem is the West is getting nothing but spin. Amazing how LeCarre talked a game of accomodation at the meeting then had someone else write up another West rant. Does he really think that in the middle of this Addington DFR wed be stupid enough to remove him? Thats an ALPO trick to squash opposition. http://bigsnoopcity.gr

So in what official capacity do you participate in the BPR? Are they not closed sessions? Can you produce minutes from the meeting? I'd be more than happy to communicate my displeasure to Brice if you can prove your allegations. Sad thing is I certainly wouldn't trust anyone from the east but I am not sure I can trust Brice or Mark to do right by west pilots either...

I'll concede "criminal" was Brice's wording... If you cant prove to a court of law that these individuals did commit these acts than in my mind they are innocent. Innocent until proven guilty. A basic principle in our system of law... My point is not to rehash all this crap but to compel someone, anyone, on the east to bury the hatchet. But I'm sure learn that confrontation is all the US Airways pilots know. So be it.

Anyone want to give odds on the C18 appeal?

This chap may actually be well situated once the west wins Addington. At that point, the East pilots might actually toss the Angry FO from Cranberry Club out once a judge tells them that DOH is a non-starter.

Why do you make me do this? You make statements that are so easily disproved. Check out the first line of the resolution.

WHEREAS the acts of unlawful sabotage that necessitated the litigation initiated in case no. 08-CV-00246 have decreased in number;
If any of them accept the “deal†they are admitting to “unlawful sabotage†that means criminal activity. Besides in one of the updates they said the “activity†had stopped. The case was dismissed with prejudice. Therefore a federal judge disagrees with the BPR characterization of it being “criminalâ€.

How about this one? Someone has the agree “to the satisfaction of the national officers†,whatever that means, has disavowed the promotion of such activities. That means that they have to agree to stop doing what they were doing that has been called criminal. Either you do not understand what you read or you are intentionally hiding what the BPR is trying to do.

4. Agreement of each defendant to refrain from the promotion of a concerted phone harassment and/or dues/agency fee boycott of USAPA provided that no such agreement will be required from any individual defendants against whom such activity has been alleged nor will such agreement be required from any individual who – to the satisfaction of the national officers – has by his/her actions has disavowed the promotion of such activity;

Snoop,

You make a bold statement, time to back up your claim. Here is the resolution. Point out the fighting words and misstatements. Where do you think that you are being “attackedâ€￾? Please be specific. You made the charge, prove your case. What part of this would prevent any other BPR from passing it?

So you would only drop “members in good standingâ€￾. Meaning that if they would pay a little extortion and protection money they would be dropped from the suit. Who is the criminal now?
RESOLUTION:

WHEREAS the CLT Domicile Representatives stated in their January 7th, 2009 update to the America West pilots, “[o]ur goal is to make 2009 the year the US Airways pilots come together as one, and the year we bring to all US Airways pilots an industry contract and cohesive working relationshipâ€￾

WHEREAS the RICO lawsuit has only hampered the ability to develop cohesive working relationships, and

WHEREAS the lawsuit sought a temporary restraining order to cease repeated phone calls and other similar activity, and

WHEREAS USAPA has publicly stated that such activity has ceased, and

WHEREAS one of the individual defendants was furloughed on November 1st, only 6 days before USAPA filed its appeal, and

WHEREAS the overwhelming majority of the America West pilot group has financially supports the defendants in the case, as evidenced by their willingness to make personal financial contributions in support of that defense, and

WHEREAS many of the defendants are dues-paying USAPA members, and

WHEREAS the majority of the named defendants were accused of nothing more than making a web-board post, and

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that BPR hereby directs USAPA’s legal counsel to immediately withdraw the lawsuit against the America West pilots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back