US1773 CLT SJO ABORTED TAKEOFF...GUESS WHY

YVINTERN

Veteran
Jun 28, 2007
The Potomac
I'm sitting here on US1773 to SJO after pushback I dozed off as there was a long line for taxi to the Runway and as we start accelerating I wake up to watch our takeoff...right before V1 we abort the takeoff and slow down our roll to the end of the runway.

We return to the Gate and decide to offload some bags and refuel apparently...If this is US' idea of running an INTL operation out of CLT like this...they are a joke period...

Oh and the flight crew nor the gate agents I've encountered today in CLT were that friendly...I miss my 5PM shift friends already...

YV,
the reason for the unfriendlyness is your avatar.. It's to scary ... BRING BACK THE BLOW UP GUY :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're on your way to SJO! Cool! I hope you get there safely. ¡Pura Vida! Drink some Imperial for me while you're there. OK?

I'm sitting here on US1773 to SJO after pushback I dozed off as there was a long line for taxi to the Runway and as we start accelerating I wake up to watch our takeoff...right before V1 we abort the takeoff and slow down our roll to the end of the runway.

We return to the Gate and decide to offload some bags and refuel apparently...If this is US' idea of running an INTL operation out of CLT like this...they are a joke period...

Oh and the flight crew nor the gate agents I've encountered today in CLT were that friendly...I miss my 5PM shift friends already...

I don't doubt your story of a rejected take-off, but I question your statement as to why the reject occurred. You seem to be saying that the pilot's felt they were too heavy, so they just aborted the take-off and went back to the gate.

This airline does not operate that way. There had to be some other reason.

Enjoy Costa Rica, but don't howl back at the monkeys. It's mating season down there......LOL.

I worked that flight today ramp side. It came back to the gate because of a maintenance issue. We had to open both cargo doors. The front so maintenance could do their thing and the back so we could load 20 misconnect bags. I left at 12:30, so I am not sure what, if anything happened after that.

Jeff

Just admit it, you miss my stellar service, club hookups and upgrades so bad you can't stand it. Sorry, but there is only one of me and I don't have enough seniority to hold a day shift. Maybe in 8 more years.

Yes, drink lots and lots for her. And then get back on the plane and post how some stupid agent allowed your drunk tail onboard. I want a good story. Make it happen. GO!

We'll let you on the plane as long as you bring some Imperial cerveza for the crew! :lol: As long as you don't show us attitude you will be golden!

I worked that flight today ramp side. It came back to the gate because of a maintenance issue. We had to open both cargo doors. The front so maintenance could do their thing and the back so we could load 20 misconnect bags. I left at 12:30, so I am not sure what, if anything happened after that.

Jeff

Thanks for the update...I was asleep on the rejected takeoff and was reporting based on what my seatmates told me and I couldn´t hear the PA announcements of course...

As for you FlightChic and Shannon I´ll bring some of that stuff back if I´m getting comp´d hehe.

Now time for me to avoid USAV till I get back to the US of A.

and I hope everyones happy I recalled Otto back from his short vacation.

So... CLP is lame...Customer service is rude ... and MX is the issue...but a professionally trained safety professionsal says "I was asleep on the rejected takeoff ". That makes me feel good. Anyone see an problem here?

Back