Usa 3000

phl2

Dec 28, 2004
can someone give me some info on this airline. I am thinking of booking some flights out of PHL
This is owned by Apple?

USA3000 is like many of the non-scheds ie. Ryan, Transmeridian etc....good value, nice new airplanes...but if you have to be at your destination for a cruise for example......it's a crap shoot..

The tickets don't go through ARC, so if they are delayed or cancelled, the agents can't put you on another carrier to get you to your destination....

The chances of this happening is only about 10 percent, but it's still a chance.

If time is not critical, go for it, you will see a movie, get a meal and fly on a nice new Airbus 320...Seats are a little tight, I think they pack 174 seats in a 320....USAirways Shuttle planes have 150....big difference in room, otherwise, it's not too bad.

smfav8r said:
.Seats are a little tight, I think they pack 174 seats in a 320....USAirways Shuttle planes have 150....big difference in room, otherwise, it's not too bad.
[post="282418"][/post]​

Just a note of correction. US does not have a dedicated fleet of Shuttle planes anymore. Currently the 320 is set up for F 16 Y 126 total 142.

smfav8r said:
USA3000 is like many of the non-scheds ie. Ryan, Transmeridian etc....good value, nice new airplanes...but if you have to be at your destination for a cruise for example......it's a crap shoot..

The tickets don't go through ARC, so if they are delayed or cancelled, the agents can't put you on another carrier to get you to your destination....

The chances of this happening is only about 10 percent, but it's still a chance.

We were at St Petersburg (PIE) in April waiting for our Lehigh Valley Air flight back to Allentown. There was an irate USA3000 customer whose flight had been rescheduled from that morning to the evening. The woman had been dropped off at the airport and now had something like 12 hours time to kill.

The airline rep indicated that customers had been advised of the schedule change. My thought was that they probably notified customers by email, and this woman was old enough that she most likely didn't have a computer.

The Lehigh Valley service that we were on has now been replaced by Hooters, but that's another story.

168 seats. currently 12 A320 aircraft and probably 3 additional for the busy season (winter), not enough spare time left after flying the aircraft approx 16hrs a day to cover mechanicals on a regular basis, therefor if a subserve isn't available you could be in for a big wait.

Stand corrected, forgot that the Shuttle aircraft have the two classes of seat now...
And I was off by one row on the seats, when I flew the 320 at two other non-scheds, we had 174 cramped seats.

But like I said, it's a crap shoot, if your a gambler, give it a try...

Your could fly a non-sched to a destination 10 out of 10 times and have no problems at all....if you hit it wrong, it's a nightmare...

guess I didn't make self clear enough the first time. :)

Back