usairways f/a east wings

All the planes I work on say US Airways. If I were required to wear the new uniform, I would also be required to wear the new wings. I am sick of this seperation crap it is really getting old! I think a positive message to send to the East is that we are united as one flight attendant group. So, I will protest and where my new Us wings, regardless of contract, and uniform issues. We can all send a strong message to the company by supporting eachother, rather keep this west v.s east crap ongoing. Sorry, I will retire my AWA wings for now. :)

I agree w/ you 20000%, you should probably change your signature though WCT on the bottom of your posts if you really do feel this way.

Really already it IS getting old. I know we are on separate contracts and a lot of the folks out west were VERY sad to see their company name go. That means a lot to people. We were a mess here on the east before merger (though NOTHING like this). What we NEED to do regardless of feeling your heritage is lost in the wind is bind together to create one group for ONE GOAL! ! Those on the west that have the "we bought you" attitude just remember THIS,"that very way of thinking supports the management team that likes YOU no more than they like the EAST groups". It's pretty important that we GET OVER IT and stop the p!ss!ng match. Like many before have said, does it matter now? The place is in a shambles :lol: and we are led by morons. Let's not let them revel in our fighting.

Well said Travelpro. There is absolutely NO Reason for an East/West p*ssing match. Our issues as rank and file employees (and customers) is dealing with an INEPT Management Team that is taking this airline down to LOW LEVELS. These people are either clearly out of touch with their decision making or have had another agenda from Day One. I have been apart of several mergers here in the East and THIS ONE clearly TOPS them all as a waste. And WHO in the hell is resposible for ANY Level of Customer Service? They have a VP of Toilet Tissue and a Director of StirStix and Napkins but No One seems responsible for dealing with Customers. Expecting your employees to navigate through the minefield of anti-customer service related programs and snafus is purely ridiculous. (And I've seen and heard some douzzies lately.)

A fight over wings and uniforms? Who bought who? My coast is better than your coast? <_<

Am I the only one who sees the insanity? Who cares about uniforms?

AWA bought US, but I never heard of America West before. You're only as BIG as your NAME. That's why Operation:Delta failed. Now there's a hell of a name. Delta has been Delta my entire lifetime. So AWA has/had remarkable management that knew how to take advantage of a profitable situation(like it or not US Airways reported a substantial profit!). It's now US Airways and not America West Airlines, meaning that the name was the end that justified the means.

And spare me what a crackerjack outfit US Airways was before the aquisition. From what I remember pre-9/11, most people complained that US monopolized locations and charged high prices. When a low-cost airline came, they cut-throated their costs to run the competitor out-of-business. Then it would raise prices higher than before. Customer service apparently had no idea about customer service and seemed to be bothered by the annoying customers.
So in this respect, maybe AWA should have kept the name if only to wipe out the lasting negative images of US.

Then again it is US Airways, and like I said, I heard of them.

This is a sort of airline symbiotic relationship!

So AWA has/had remarkable management that knew how to take advantage of a profitable situation(like it or not the East side of US Airways reported a substantial profit!). And Bruce Lakefield had the money to put the merger together.

From what I remember pre-9/11, most people complained that US monopolized locations and charged high prices. When a low-cost airline came, they cut-throated their costs to run the competitor out-of-business. Then it would raise prices higher than before. As opposed to say, what Tempe just did when they ran AirTran out of PHL-BOS?

I'm pretty sure AirTran's PHL-BOS service was pre-Tempe. PHL-BOS is one of US's biggest routes. A success for Airways but normally they are the one being chased out of markets.

USAir monopolized the east coast back in the day because they were pretty much the only game in town. It was before every carrier had RJs extending their networks and before LCCs had presence on the east coast. There just wasn't that much service, particulary mainline service, to the dinky places US flew. Why wouldn't they charge what they could, it's business. What's bad is that US then and now doesn't know how to actually compete when there is competition.

I'm pretty sure AirTran's PHL-BOS service was pre-Tempe. PHL-BOS is one of US's biggest routes. A success for Airways but normally they are the one being chased out of markets.

AirTran started it pre-Tempe, and both CCY and Tempe matched the fares. But then when AirTran pulled out, Tempe raised the PHL-BOS fares back to literally $900. What an LCC. :blink:

I agree w/ you 20000%, you should probably change your signature though WCT on the bottom of your posts if you really do feel this way.
My signature is a true statement. Management has made the new US Airways a mess, and they happen to be from America West. The truth hurts sometimes. Doesn't mean I don't support all of my west familiy, of course I do. I will wear my US Airways wings proudly. :)

My signature is a true statement. Management has made the new US Airways a mess, and they happen to be from America West. The truth hurts sometimes. Doesn't mean I don't support all of my west familiy, of course I do. I will wear my US Airways wings proudly. :)
WCT, I appreciate your candidness and viewpoint of a Westie and how disgusted you are with Team Tempe. THIS Management Team is dragging the Airline down with EVERY Decision they make. Nothing is EVER done RIGHT or Sensibly on the FIRST attempt.......they p*ss money away on foolish endeavours and are reckless in everything they do. And as far as the issue of THE WINGS........there isn't an America West anymore. The AWA heritage/spirit will always stay with you IF you want to hang on to it for sentimental reasons- just like many of the PSA and Piedmont folks still relish in their memories of their former airlines. But as far as the wings........ALL of the AIRCRAFT now say USAirways, as does the OPERATING CERTIFICATE and airport signage and employee badges. There is a helluva lot YOU may not like about the merger, the lack of contracts and a dysfunctional workforce, but TWO things we can agree on is we are referred to as USAirways and WE have have distinct honor of having the Best Clowns Running THIS Airline. THEY ARE CLEARLY OUT of THEIR LEAGUE!

Latest posts