VBR numbers for MCIE?

I wonder if this is AA's last ditch effort to afford the ex -Twa guys and gals an out with a few and I mean a few nickels in their pocket? My understanding is if they close the doors to MCI there is no system protection therefore no 12,500 to relocate. Either way it is a shame the way corporate america treats people who have given the best years of their life working only to be ushered out in this manner. Whatever unfolds go out with dignity.
<_< ------ Hey Guy! We're not going anywhere! We just kicked out a 757 winglet Mod.in 12 days. Heard TUL to send a delegation here to see how it's done.------ I know, we pencil wiped it!---- Right? :rolleyes:

<_< ------ Hey Guy! We're not going anywhere! We just kicked out a 757 winglet Mod.in 12 days. Heard TUL to send a delegation here to see how it's done.------ I know, we pencil wiped it!---- Right? :rolleyes:

Hey Dude. Afw lost it's 777 and that dock had the best on time airplanes in AFW. Don't think that if you get the airplanes done on time or faster is going to insure your job in the future. AA will do the opposite of what ever you think is right.

Hey Dude. Afw lost it's 777 and that dock had the best on time airplanes in AFW. Don't think that if you get the airplanes done on time or faster is going to insure your job in the future. AA will do the opposite of what ever you think is right.
<_< ------- Your position has been noted!

I don't think it has anything to do with "the opposite of what ever you think is right", I think it has to do with finding ways to control costs. Cold as that sounds, it's the only way the company is going to stay in business and keep your jobs on the payroll. I realize that's not helpful to anyone who is let go from AFW, and I'm sorry for that. Right now keeping costs to a minimum is the name of the game.

:unsure: ------- We've got one ol'boy here with 41 years of perfect attendance!!!! :shock: ------ And no Bears, it's not me!!! :rolleyes:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jesus,

Maybe,..there is a .........Tough Compelling reason...at Home :rant: ...to make a good ol' boy want to come to work..EVERYDAY ???

Bet this dude....C/S-ed..ON everyday, during his V/C's !

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jesus,

Maybe,..there is a .........Tough Compelling reason...at Home :rant: ...to make a good ol' boy want to come to work..EVERYDAY ???

Bet this dude....C/S-ed..ON everyday, during his V/C's !

Great to have 41 years of perfect attendance, but you only get $25/day for the time, how much do you get paid an hour??? Do the math!

I hope that not just MCIE takes advantage of the VBR but anyone and everyone, guys look around, read the writing on the wall, Sr Management is going to file for bankruptcy!!! No contracts from the 3 major players, and in bankruptcy an expired contract = free for all from the Judge.

I am not a pesimist or an optomist, I am just an employee wanting to have a job, and I most likely won't make it through the "bump and roll". TUL will secure that just like always!!! Everyone else in the system are LOOSERS and TUL is always the WINNERS, and are "working together" with AA to make sure of that! Now getting the 777, their future is secure for work! So you have to get laid off to an OSM, I am not even going to be able to have that option!!!!

MCIE guys do what you got to do! When it comes down to it, you have to look out for you and your family! AA messed all this crap up, they don't know how to manage crap, but they think they have to give huge bone-us checks to their upper management to keep the quality management from going elsewhere. Yea, we gave the concessions for them to share in the gain!!!!

I hope that not just MCIE takes advantage of the VBR but anyone and everyone, guys look around, read the writing on the wall, Sr Management is going to file for bankruptcy!!! No contracts from the 3 major players, and in bankruptcy an expired contract = free for all from the Judge.

I disagree that Ch 11 is around the corner. So what if the three workgroups haven't agreed on new contracts? Thst just means AA gets to pay you under the existing contracts longer. Self-help is months (if not years) away, so the status quo suits management just fine.

I'm guessing that the odds of a Ch 11 filing in 2008 or 2009 are about 5%. Of course you're free to disagree.

Believe it or not, there are actually people who stay married, don't cheat on their spouses, are honest on their tax filings, go to church on a regular basis, and don't call in for sick when they're not sick.

So maybe it was just as simple as this guy having a strong work ethic?

I know that's rarely exhibited anymore, but my decades of living in the fly-over states has taught me that there are people who don't just give lip service to the concept of living up to their commitments.

E

I So what if the three workgroups haven't agreed on new contracts? Thst just means AA gets to pay you under the existing contracts longer. Self-help is months (if not years) away, so the status quo suits management just fine.

There's Self-help and then there is self help. Looks like the UAL pilots are already doing it. http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...amp;Symbol=UAUA

A recent letter from management cited that "morale is at the lowest point its ever been". Was the belt breakdown at JFK just a coincidence? Who knows? Who can prove otherwise? Could they have fixed it sooner if they really wanted to? Could they have found a way to improvise around the malfunction? My guess is a more motivated workforce could have made what was a major fiasco a minor glitch. Perhaps its just bad Karma.

If the status quo suits management just fine their internal communications certainly don't reflect that. $20,000/year in savings isnt worth it if it means that the workers sit back and let the company lose that in a day and if the company continue on this path, as it seems management is determined to do then Bk may be more likely than you say. Hopefully the stockholders will try to salvage their investment and get management to realize that you cant bully performance out of your workers for very long. They got away with it for five years, the workers just dont care anymore-thats why they dont have to furlough Flight Attendants-enough of them had enough.

There's Self-help and then there is self help. Looks like the UAL pilots are already doing it. http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...amp;Symbol=UAUA

A recent letter from management cited that "morale is at the lowest point its ever been". Was the belt breakdown at JFK just a coincidence? Who knows? Who can prove otherwise? Could they have fixed it sooner if they really wanted to? Could they have found a way to improvise around the malfunction? My guess is a more motivated workforce could have made what was a major fiasco a minor glitch. Perhaps its just bad Karma.

If the status quo suits management just fine their internal communications certainly don't reflect that. $20,000/year in savings isnt worth it if it means that the workers sit back and let the company lose that in a day and if the company continue on this path, as it seems management is determined to do then Bk may be more likely than you say. Hopefully the stockholders will try to salvage their investment and get management to realize that you cant bully performance out of your workers for very long. They got away with it for five years, the workers just dont care anymore-thats why they dont have to furlough Flight Attendants-enough of them had enough.

Good post TP..

AA is so used to the TWU "doing it all" in bed that they forgot one thing....you can only beat people so much....As for the JFK baggage fiasco....who knows....but from an aircraft maintenance perspective,,,we get chastised for delays in the minutes to delays by the hours...Morale is killing this company, but it is not solely the fault of the workforce....management has to take some responsibility...
The company has defended executive pay and PUPS to keep somewhat competitive in order to maintain the "key" talent during the troubled times. But what good is compensating the key talent if they failed to realize the morale would destroy the company more than the economy will.
In the past we had the VP of line maintenance tell us in the hangar break room that if we don't like it at AA, feel free to leave and that we have options....Technically that is a valid statement, but is that something a "key talented" executive should be responding to employee issues?

The $20,000 a year that each mechanic gave back to the company not to mention what every other employee lost paled in comparison to the what the executives got back year after year since their alleged concessions..

You know how the anti unionists who post here say that union work rules are outdated and need to be re-addressed to compete in today's world?"
Well, so are the mantras of "you're lucky to have a job" and " if you don't like it, you can leave."
This company is doing nothing to improve morale except for that of the executives by guaranteeing them their PUPS....

Well guess what? the execs can hurt their arms patting themselves on the back all they want, but it is the ramp person making sure the bag gets to where its going, it is the agent's attitude that the passenger usually deals with first followed by the flight attendant's, it is the pilot flying the machine safely and it is the mechanic giving them an airworthy aircraft...
These are the front line people that usually make or break a passengers opinion of AA and all we get is "you're lucky to have a job!"

What a management team...

Good post TP..

AA is so used to the TWU "doing it all" in bed that they forgot one thing....you can only beat people so much....As for the JFK baggage fiasco....who knows....but from an aircraft maintenance perspective,,,we get chastised for delays in the minutes to delays by the hours...Morale is killing this company, but it is not solely the fault of the workforce....management has to take some responsibility...
The company has defended executive pay and PUPS to keep somewhat competitive in order to maintain the "key" talent during the troubled times. But what good is compensating the key talent if they failed to realize the morale would destroy the company more than the economy will.
In the past we had the VP of line maintenance tell us in the hangar break room that if we don't like it at AA, feel free to leave and that we have options....Technically that is a valid statement, but is that something a "key talented" executive should be responding to employee issues?

The $20,000 a year that each mechanic gave back to the company not to mention what every other employee lost paled in comparison to the what the executives got back year after year since their alleged concessions..

You know how the anti unionists who post here say that union work rules are outdated and need to be re-addressed to compete in today's world?"
Well, so are the mantras of "you're lucky to have a job" and " if you don't like it, you can leave."
This company is doing nothing to improve morale except for that of the executives by guaranteeing them their PUPS....

Well guess what? the execs can hurt their arms patting themselves on the back all they want, but it is the ramp person making sure the bag gets to where its going, it is the agent's attitude that the passenger usually deals with first followed by the flight attendant's, it is the pilot flying the machine safely and it is the mechanic giving them an airworthy aircraft...
These are the front line people that usually make or break a passengers opinion of AA and all we get is "you're lucky to have a job!"

What a management team...
Could not have said it better myself....

Latest posts

Back