Video of new 777LR dedication...

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='580275' date='Mar 8 2008, 06:18 PM']Nice 777! Naming it "The Spirit of Delta" is just another union busting idea. :down:[/quote]

Your WRONG.
"The Spirit of Delta" ship 102 is sitting in a Museum. Was that a anti-union ploy as well?
This 777LR is called 'The Delta Spirit".
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Your WRONG.
"The Spirit of Delta" ship 102 is sitting in a Museum. Was that a anti-union ploy as well?
This 777LR is called 'The Delta Spirit".
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Its all the same. Delta will do anything to keep the unions out. Even dedicating an aircraft so all the employees feel special. Did they serve some Delta-Aid to drink at the dedication?

Its all the same. Delta will do anything to keep the unions out. Even dedicating an aircraft so all the employees feel special. Did they serve some Delta-Aid to drink at the dedication?

What's wrong with a company dedicating it's flagship aircraft to its employees? Why shouldn't the employees feel special? They have kept the airline afloat, and through their own hard work nurtured it back into a global competitor. Who can blame a company for not wanting a union takeover of it's employees? The first and best solution for the airline (or any company) is always to respect and take care of its people so as to avoid needing a union in the first place. The employees can be happy while making Delta successful - without the unions. Besides, there's an overabundance of union represenatation out there at other airlines if anyone would prefer to go that route.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - what a beauty of an aircraft! Congrats to the people of Delta!

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='580497' date='Mar 9 2008, 01:01 PM']Its all the same. Delta will do anything to keep the unions out. Even dedicating an aircraft so all the employees feel special. Did they serve some Delta-Aid to drink at the dedication?[/quote]

I hate to tell you, but Raul got the job, so you can stop pandering about after Fidel's job. However, if you are slick, you can organize a couple of May Day parades, and ask for funds in advance, for anti-company kool-aide, or course; and keep some of it, so you can buy some really cool Che Guevara t-shirts!

In the mean time, let the people of Delta enjoy their new Spirit of Delta!!!!

I hate to tell you, but Raul got the job, so you can stop pandering about after Fidel's job. However, if you are slick, you can organize a couple of May Day parades, and ask for funds in advance, for anti-company kool-aide, or course; and keep some of it, so you can buy some really cool Che Guevara t-shirts!

In the mean time, let the people of Delta enjoy their new Spirit of Delta!!!!

I don't give a cr*p if Fidel's brother got the job.

You sure like to shoot s**t out of your mouth. All that from someone who does not work in this industry and gets ripped on, each forum you post on at USAviation.

Now run, Forest run, before immigration snatches you up.

I don't give a cr*p if Fidel's brother got the job.

You sure like to shoot s**t out of your mouth. All that from someone who does not work in this industry and gets ripped on, each forum you post on at USAviation.

Now run, Forest run, before immigration snatches you up.

That's all you got? That's a pretty sad response to a witty, well-thought out post. Are you always this negative?

As for the Spirit of Delta, which the thread is about, I think that it's an amazing addition to the DL family, one that the employees should be proud of. In the end I sure hope they'll be able to ignore people like this Nor'Easta character.

That's all you got? That's a pretty sad response to a witty, well-thought out post. Are you always this negative?

As for the Spirit of Delta, which the thread is about, I think that it's an amazing addition to the DL family, one that the employees should be proud of. In the end I sure hope they'll be able to ignore people like this Nor'Easta character.

YAWN!

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='580660' date='Mar 10 2008, 03:10 AM']I don't give a cr*p if Fidel's brother got the job.

Now run, Forest run, before immigration snatches you up.[/quote]

Ahh, where to begin..... that is the question?

First of all, sorry it took me so long to reply, I was busy at my imaginary JOB, which was made much easier by the clear weather we had this weekend. And yes, you made me out, you are absolutely correct, I do not work in your industry, since your industry seems to be that of a Political Agitator. On the other hand, I do work in the aviation industry, I must admit, I am fairly new at this, since I have only been working here for eight years; and before that, I proudly served the people of the USA, in the world's greatest Navy. When I enlisted, Reagan was the President, and we fought Communism and the Soviet Union, and guess what, we WON!!

In any event, back to the topic, I have worked J41's, all flavors of CRJ's and most Jungle jets (Embraer Regional jets, in case the term 'Jungle' is too technical), Dornier 328's, and of course all of Delta's fleet, with the exception of the L-1011, that one was before my time. The one I miss the most, is, aside from the Hangar Queen (email your Delta Buddies to get the answer), N310DA, when she had her PowerPuff livery. And I almost forgot those dammed Dash-8's.

So go ahead, call "La Migra" on me, they are probably prior military, and we can have a nice chat, remember the good old times, and wish they had "Round up the Commie-Pinko day" like back in the days of Sen. McCarthy (Just Kidding)!

As for getting ripped, "Look in to my eye" do you see concern? NO. I could give a Flying F.... As far as I am concerned, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Later...

Back