Virgin America? Virgin Red?

viggen597

Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Hey! Below is a great article on how Sir Richard Branson wants to start a low fare, low cost US carrier modeled after jetBlue. After reading the article, and knowing a little about the Virgin Atlantic product, something tells me that if he chooses the right markets, he''ll be very successful here. What do you all think? Is this the next step in chic-low fare airlines? Ive always been a fan of the Virgin product .. so I look forward to seeing how its executed.

Blimey! A new airline: U.K.''s Branson starting low-cost carrier in U.S.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/busi..._branson17.html

Could be interesting. I, too, am a Virgin fan but aren''t sure if there is capacity for new entrants in the U.S. right now. Virgin Blue is doing well in Australia due to a limited existence of LCCs there. Virgin Express (Brussels) is not fareing (forgive the un-intentional pun) so well in Europe due to the excessive breeding of lowfare carriers there. There is just too much competition. But as JetBlue has proven...a well backed carrier (as I''m sure any Virgin product would be) can really take off (sorry...pun #2...guess I''m on a roll) in the U.S. and there might still be potential.

Call it Virgin Red, White, and Blue.

Isn''t Branson famous for under-capitalizing his startups? JetBlue took the other approach and maybe even overcapitalized; much of their out-of-the-gate success is attributed to having all that money. Lesson for Virgin, especially this year.

i think virgin america is gonna be a great airline according with my with virgin atlantic experiences... cant wait to apply to be a flight attendant for them...love to work for a funky chic - kinda airline

Trolly dolly :)

PS. based at JFK where the action is