We UNIONISTAS do read and keep informed

amen..

With continued pricing power and demand in line with supply..theres no reason this wont be OUR time to share in those elusive gains at AA. Its now up to industry leaders to ride out this recession and plan for the long run viability and success of their carriers.

Signed,
a literate and informed SFO liberal "Unionista"

amen..

With continued pricing power and demand in line with supply..theres no reason this wont be OUR time to share in those elusive gains at AA. Its now up to industry leaders to ride out this recession and plan for the long run viability and success of their carriers.

Signed,
a literate and informed SFO liberal "Unionista"
<_< -------VIVA ZAPATA!!!!!

Putting all your faith in the same guys who just needed a $700B bailout?

Good luck with that.

And as expected it is he who chimes. His royal majesty of the forecoming doom of the blue collar working man. His armies bear down with shackles to bind us into servitude for the white collar barrons. Run, hide in the forests my fellow brothers and good citizens. :shock:

Afraid of a few facts, meAAsles?... or still hoping Obamessiah will wave his magic wand, spread the wealth, and rid the world of capitalism?

Stocks are like the weather -- you've got a 50% chance of being right. They're not necessarily the best indicator of how healthy a company is, though. That's why I think the PUP measurement of stock price over three years is a farce for variable comp (go search the archives if you don't believe it).

There will always be analysts who predict stocks going up when the rest of the pack says they're heading down.

I'll stick with the agenda-neutral indicators thank you, like disposable income, traffic, capacity, unemployment, and bankruptcies...

Afraid of a few facts, meAAsles?... or still hoping Obamessiah will wave his magic wand, spread the wealth, and rid the world of capitalism?

Stocks are like the weather -- you've got a 50% chance of being right. They're not necessarily the best indicator of how healthy a company is, though. That's why I think the PUP measurement of stock price over three years is a farce for variable comp (go search the archives if you don't believe it).

There will always be analysts who predict stocks going up when the rest of the pack says they're heading down.

I'll stick with the agenda-neutral indicators thank you, like disposable income, traffic, capacity, unemployment, and bankruptcies...

Actually Fooleson?.... I do look at the facts. Actually I know that a coin has 2 sides. Do you? Sometimes I look at your posts and think they're spot on, but I also notice with you that the glass is half empty? As is Bob sometimes with the glass being half full. (Sorry Bob) I do think though that myself, Bob and a few others on here are able to see your point of view at times from responses to your posts. But as good as you are with your facts and figures it's hard not to take you with a grain of salt. I mean your see-saw has a 500lbs fat man on one side and 40lbs boy on the other?

I don't know you personally but it's very hard to believe that you're not a plant for AA to try and sell the doom and gloom philosophy to the people that read this blog site? I know that you've said otherwise but do you ever post ANY labor friendly posts? The finality for me on my opinion of you was when you so callously made the post you made on the closing of MCI. What did you gain from trying to hurt those people? I have my opinion of the TWA purchase but I also don't have a need to rub salt in peoples wounds.

Now what do you think though? Should we take a 5 year extension of our contracts and if we come out of this recession in 09 we're still stuck with it? Sure the load factor is deteriorating but AA has shrunk and oil may be in the thirties soon. Should we overlook that?

And by the way. I don't think Obama is the great savior. But as a blue color, middle class, union American I believe he's better for me than Bush or McCain would be. And they all voted for the bailout which I disagreed with.

Eolesen (with respect) Just for once let me see if you can give me the other side of your coin? If not, I can't see the usefulness (for me) In accepting your facts anymore.

I don't know you personally but it's very hard to believe that you're not a plant for AA to try and sell the doom and gloom philosophy to the people that read this blog site? I know that you've said otherwise but do you ever post ANY labor friendly posts? The finality for me on my opinion of you was when you so callously made the post you made on the closing of MCI. What did you gain from trying to hurt those people? I have my opinion of the TWA purchase but I also don't have a need to rub salt in peoples wounds.

Doom and gloom, or just straight talk without all the CrapComm sugar coating?

I supported the right of the AFA flight attendants to strike at NWA. They were idiots for asking for permission. Does that count?

I also damned the PUPs when they were announced in 2006, to the extent I actually told a VP and SVP at AA it was bullshite to their face. But I also recognize it's a contractual right, and ethics aside, you go down a slippery slope if you start to expect portions of a contract to be optional just to please the masses. If you do that for management, surely you can do that for labor.

So, call me anti-labor, but I'm really pro-customer. At the end of the day, all I really care about is that my aircraft actually lands where it is supposed to, my assigned seat has a working powerport, and that my bag gets there intact and ontime. If AA can't do it, I know DL and UA will sure try...

I can understand your point of view Eolsen. I feel the same way alot of times as a consumer in the products I choose to purchase. But also you have to understand that at times and on certain topics it's like you're standing in the employee breakroom when you don't belong there. My question still stands Eric? Did you really have to make the comment you made on the possible closure of MCI? Look I'm in Fleet at DFW so even I don't have a right to really chime in on that topic. Just because we're on a free blogsite at the discretion of the mediators here doesn't give us an entitlement to stick our nose in on every topic. A little discretion goes a long way for your credibility.

And I do like that the employee, customer and HQ can interact on this site. I respect your thoughts too as one of AA's valued customers. It shouldn't be any other way if a company doesn't give you the service you expect and have paid for. But I'm not a customer. I provide a service under a contract negotiated for me by a representative. No different then a general contractor you hire to fix your roof. The difference is my services are continual and up for renegotiation every few years. And just like material costs go up so too should my costs. Do you at least agree with that?

Back