Welcome to the Jungle

'Cause they were sh*tty employers to start with, and were looking for a convenient excuse?

Amen to that. I guess the lesson to be learned is that our forefathers of the 40's, 50's and 60's were a bunch of idiots. How dare they start companies, hire workers and invest in the business when tax rates were near 90%? Now raising taxes on "job creators" (who have done a crappy job of creating jobs DESPITE their tax rate remaining the same) 3% to a level that is 50% LOWER than what it was when their PARENTS were creating jobs is going to be the end of America as we know it.

'Cause they were sh*tty employers to start with, and were looking for a convenient excuse?

Starting in 2014, large businesses (those with 50 or more full-time workers) that do not provide adequate health insurance will be required to pay an assessment if their employees receive premium tax credits to buy their own insurance. These assessments will offset part of the cost of these tax credits. The assessment for a large employer that does not offer coverage will be $2,000 per full-time employee beyond the company's first 30 workers.
The Department of Health and Human Services estimates that fewer than 2% of large American employers will have to pay these assessments.

Ooops

Here yah go bears:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/9693576/Jesus-was-born-years-earlier-than-thought-claims-Pope.html

What's the big deal? If true, then it is somewhere beetween 2005-2010 in the year of our Lord. The Mayans apocolyptic prediction may still come through!

I wonder if the Chinese go to the store looking to buy only Chinese made stuff?

Or do they want German engineered autos/machinery, Swiss watch movements, French wine, American rice, jeans, etc.?

Most have a problem affording Chinese made stuff.....is a huge economic problem for them.

That's why American made goods are selling well there...we have lower labor costs.

You missed the boat. The average Chinese worker, which are the masses who do the manufacturing, don't make enough to consume the goods they produce which makes China more reliant on exports than consumption. Yes they import but its a minority who consume those goods compared to those who manufacture and should be able to consume if wages were an issue.

You missed the boat. The average Chinese worker, which are the masses who do the manufacturing, don't make enough to consume the goods they produce which makes China more reliant on exports than consumption. Yes they import but its a minority who consume those goods compared to those who manufacture and should be able to consume if wages were an issue.

I thought China is what we wanted to be like...low regulation, high productivity from the workforce. And what about the stories I see on CNBC about all these Chinese who are now buying cars and apartments...moving on up.

And how come the right always comes back with "freedom" and "liberty" when any lib like me argues that if you don't pay your workforce enough to buy the product they build, then you won't have a market for your product? Remember...we were overpaying that union clown putting a bumper on that car...So we cut his wage to where it's hard for him to BUY that car. The righties come to the defense of Walmart...the largest employer in the US who happens to have lousy pay and benefits...telling us "nobody is forcing them to work there". And that somehow they should educate themselves and get a better job. Ever try to put yourself thru school while holding down two jobs in order to pay rent and put food on your table?

China is what Obama wants to emulate. Chinese professionals make wages comparable to US workers but they don't constitute the masses of working people. Your average worker lives on less than $200 a month, so how are they going to afford a car,washing machine,apartment and so on?

I'm calling BS on that one Dell.
China is what Obama wants to emulate. Chinese professionals make wages comparable to US workers but they don't constitute the masses of working people. Your average worker lives on less than $200 a month, so how are they going to afford a car,washing machine,apartment and so on?

I'm calling BS on that one Dell. If anything, China has been cited by "free marketers" as having freer markets than ours. Far less regulations (and far more pollution) and no job killing unions.

As for Chinese car sales They're selling more there than we are here

I'm calling BS on that one Dell.

I'm calling BS on that one Dell. If anything, China has been cited by "free marketers" as having freer markets than ours. Far less regulations (and far more pollution) and no job killing unions.

As for Chinese car sales They're selling more there than we are here

BS on what? The fact they don't grow their economy through consumption? Why is their economy hurting so much if it is so good?
Like I pointed out, professionals,blue collar are who is buying goods imported and home grown but they don't constitute the majority of Chinese workers.

558895_494140577286550_1649412869_n.jpg

374560_494136473953627_1315498132_n.jpg

Back