Welcome to the Jungle

Some of Costco's success is due to their savvy buying of their products. Thier contracts with their vendors are strict and tend to favor Costco. A vendor can do well because of the high volume but the risk is high.

I would think the risk is low. Getting chosen to be sold by Costco seems to be like being a comedian on Johny Carsons tonight show and being asked to sit on the couch after your bit. Costco has an out standing reputation and moves a butt load of product.

Reactions: 1 person
Jack Welch didn't build GE, but he pulled a helluva lot larger salary than Gates ever did. Heck...Gates didn't pull a fraction in salary of what Steven Wolf did when he was running US Air into the ground.

But I gotta know....if Gates didn't build MIcrosoft....who did?

He is stuck on the out of context quote that Obama made when he said that successful people did not build their companies on their own. He said their success was in part due to the people around them,. the infrastructure and other thing. Basically that no man is an island.

Republicans like to take the quote out of context just like the left wingers liked the quote of "I like to fire people" that Romeny made even though that to was taken completely out of context.

The people who use these quote (like Southwind) are at the very least intellectually dishonest and at worst ignorant liars. Only an idiot who has no idea how to research anything would post that and consider it fact.

Southwind is stuck on a another talk show talking point. He will snap out of it when we have a republican POTUS.

Given the batting record of the RNC and the idiots that have been trying for the position (look at the 2012 pool of candidates..... yech) I do not see that happening any time soon. It would be nice if they could put up a good quality candidate, then again, people in hell want ice water.

'Cause they were sh*tty employers to start with, and were looking for a convenient excuse?
Say's the Pro-Union, anti-company man !

Still stuck in the losing campaign mode?
Nope, just want to make sure we keep this one on the forefront, and see if it's just another lie !

You're right, it is amazing. Good CEO's and bad ones are expensive but those huge salaries seem to be the going rate. You know, everyone in this country has the opportunity to be a CEO too.

You want to talk about salaries for athletes and celbrities?
^^^^
This !

Southwind is stuck on a another talk show talking point. He will snap out of it when we have a republican POTUS.
Balance the budget ! Close Quitmo ! No Super Pacs! But whos keeping count ?

Given the batting record of the RNC and the idiots that have been trying for the position (look at the 2012 pool of candidates..... yech) I do not see that happening any time soon. It would be nice if they could put up a good quality candidate, then again, people in hell want ice water.
Maybe they will find someone, out there , who is organizing a community , as we speak !

His second four years doesn't start until January.

Let him take a victory lap.
Hell Yeah ! F$@K the economy and fiscal cliff !

Maybe they will find someone, out there , who is organizing a community , as we speak !

Or a washed up has been actor turned governor, or a daddy's boy turned failed business man turned governor. Those worked out really well also.

Reactions: 2 people
Or a washed up has been actor turned governor, or a daddy's boy turned failed business man turned governor. Those worked out really well also.

Carter, I'll give you a buffoon pass there.
What of the coke head/ dope dealing/womanizing of WJC?
Or Obama selling /doing coke and other pleasures.

Great comparison.

Some of Costco's success is due to their savvy buying of their products. Thier contracts with their vendors are strict and tend to favor Costco. A vendor can do well because of the high volume but the risk is high.

That is no different than WalMart or Sams. My dad was a VP of Sony back when Sony was still good. But markets being what they were, they wanted a presence in WalMart (he never understood why). Vendors don't sell to Walmart for a given price, rather Walmart tells the vendor what they will pay for a product...and if that rate doesn't cover your costs - tough...better find a way to get those costs down. And that "liberal" return policy (side note...why is liberal a bad word unless talking about portion sizes or return policies??) is simple...they'll just short the next invoice from the vendor. Whaddya gonna do....we're Walmart.

What made the going rate over 400 times what they pay the folks who do the REAL work? Isn't it rather immoral that these folks get paid like they do while at the same time lowering the pay of the rank and file? Isn't it immoral that they get a bonus for cost savings by eliminating jobs? I have yet to find anyone who can explain what exactly these guys are doing that makes them worth 10 times what their predecessors in the 50's 60's and 70's were worth.

So what is the moral rate of pay for CEO's and who is it who sets that standard? What if the moral rate of pay is lower than any CEO qualified people are willing to work for.

That is no different than WalMart or Sams. My dad was a VP of Sony back when Sony was still good. But markets being what they were, they wanted a presence in WalMart (he never understood why). Vendors don't sell to Walmart for a given price, rather Walmart tells the vendor what they will pay for a product...and if that rate doesn't cover your costs - tough...better find a way to get those costs down. And that "liberal" return policy (side note...why is liberal a bad word unless talking about portion sizes or return policies??) is simple...they'll just short the next invoice from the vendor. Whaddya gonna do....we're Walmart.
Thats my point. it is tough to be a vendor. My wife was in on several pitches to Costco and and had to make a lot of concessions to get the contract.