West Pilots Negotiating Separate?

Based on the PHX crew news, I think it is clear that Doug and his lawyers are well aware of the necessity to avoid even an appearance of colluding with any group, and they understand who they can bargain with.

Its a great rumor.

Next rumor is that Leospanker will be announcing the TA they have reached with Doogey Howser.
Doogie_Howser_MD_290x400.jpg

Scott Kirby is on it.....literally

LOL !!!!!!
Why would you replace 757s with A330s?
Wouldn't it make more sense to replace your aging fleet of 767s before you started expanding Hawaii?

Of course, nothing coming out of Tempe these days would surprise me...

Driver B)

I was just posing a hypothetical reason of how someone in HQ could confuse West pilots showing up as some kind of West negotiations. Pretty much pulled it from thin air.

But a possible reason would be to maintain fleet min for the West.

Never said they were going to fly Hawaii. I don't know which are older, the 767s or some of the West 757s, good question.

Ya think an ETOPS 321 could make the islands from PHX?

USAPA would just love for the company to make a clandestine side agreement with the nebulous west MEC. What a blatant violation of federal law one would be!

The contract is the contract. I do believe the company can send A330s west if they care to. The problem is that such a decision would not be a profitable one right now. Parker has said on many occasions it may make sense in the future. Parkers is 100% all about the bottom line, everything else be damned....including a bunch of west pilots who want to fly big airplanes just so that they can rub it in the east pilots' faces.

Ain't gonna happen.

usapa is pretty impotent to do anything.

The company could promote all 1500+ West pilots to token management positions tomorrow, and all usapa could do is be out of 1500 pilots they are stealing dues/fees from, and not do a damn thing about it.

The point is, the company can approach and make a deal with any of its individual employees, and never even inform the union. For instance, the company does not have to ask usapa's permission to promote one of the pilots to a chief pilot position. So no federal laws broken, you are once again way off base about who runs what, and what the law says.

usapa is pretty impotent to do anything.

The company could promote all 1500+ West pilots to token management positions tomorrow, and all usapa could do is be out of 1500 pilots they are stealing dues/fees from, and not do a damn thing about it.

The point is, the company can approach and make a deal with any of its individual employees, and never even inform the union. For instance, the company does not have to ask usapa's permission to promote one of the pilots to a chief pilot position. So no federal laws broken, you are once again way off base about who runs what, and what the law says.
Well, if they made all 1500 westie pilots managers of whatever, they would not be covered under the union contract. Also, they would be changing their craft and class, and would no longer have any right to be on the pilot's seniority list.
Problem solved!
Hey Doug!
What a great idea! Make 'em all managers.....
Oops...who's gonna fly the west metal?
Knew there was a flaw in there somewhere....
Oh, forget I even said anything.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled ranting...
Cheers.

Well, if they made all 1500 westie pilots managers of whatever, they would not be covered under the union contract. Also, they would be changing their craft and class, and would no longer have any right to be on the pilot's seniority list.
Problem solved!
Hey Doug!
What a great idea! Make 'em all managers.....
Oops...who's gonna fly the west metal?
Knew there was a flaw in there somewhere....
Oh, forget I even said anything.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled ranting...
Cheers.

Every pilot in the Chiefs office retains their spot on the seniority list.

Every Checkairman, Flight Standards, Safety pilot retains their position on the seniority list.

And anyone of them can fly any ship in the respective fleet, and most are required to maintain proficiency.

It ain't going to happen, I am just pointing out that NYCbusdriver was completely wrong about violating federal laws.

This whole thing started because as I posted, someone in HQ probably misinterpreted some West pilots showing up at HQ as a backdoor West deal. There is likely nothing here at all.

Does the West contract have a pay rate for the A-330? If not, wouldn't USAPA negotiate it? Is this a group of senior West pilots willing to throw the junior west pilots under the "bus" so they get a chance to fly it?

It's not happening- there is nobody who represents the west pilots outside of USAPA to negotiate with. This is a BS rumor.

And the west would be wise to remember that.
Interesting that you have been convinced that you can create another "class" of employee via AOL. That said, I'm not a bit suprised some heatstroked blokes have wandered in to see if they could get an audience.

I expect I'd be run over by a cement truck in the crosswalk before any 330s came to Phoenix for west pilots to fly. Same goes for anything else 'good' for west pilots, for lack of a better term. I don't doubt that a few west guys may have been over at HQ, but it could have been for any number of benign reasons.

I was just posing a hypothetical reason of how someone in HQ could confuse West pilots showing up as some kind of West negotiations. Pretty much pulled it from thin air.

But a possible reason would be to maintain fleet min for the West.

Never said they were going to fly Hawaii. I don't know which are older, the 767s or some of the West 757s, good question.

Ya think an ETOPS 321 could make the islands from PHX?

I don't see an A330 replacing a 757 on Hawaii routes... don't see an A321 doing it either. There just doesn't seem to be an airplane out there with the capabilities of a 757.

I do believe, and this has been stated many times by the brass, that the A330 is a real possibility out of PHX at some point in the future. But they always have it heading east toward Europe or south toward Brazil, not Hawaii. My understanding is that the A330 200s were ordered with the higher thrust Rolls engines for just such a possibility. But that being said, the 767s are tired. We still have them because the lease rates are dirt cheap. Sooner or later the maintenance on those birds is going to be so prohibitive that they will have to be replaced, at least in the European theater with A330s.

We still have A350s on order, but I wouldn't bet the change in my pocket you would ever see one in our colors. I wouldn't bet seeing an A330 flying PHX Hawaii either, but wonders never cease, do they?

Driver B)

We still have A350s on order, but I wouldn't bet the change in my pocket you would ever see one in our colors. I wouldn't bet seeing an A330 flying PHX Hawaii either, but wonders never cease, do they?

Driver B)

That's fine with me. I'll be glad to start my trips out of PHL or CLT. As a commuter, I will be closer to my base anyway.

Does the West contract have a pay rate for the A-330? If not, wouldn't USAPA negotiate it? Is this a group of senior West pilots willing to throw the junior west pilots under the "bus" so they get a chance to fly it?

The West already has a pay rate for the 330.

I think it is more than the LOA93 rate, but can't find the exact number.

The West already has a pay rate for the 330.

I think it is more than the LOA93 rate, but can't find the exact number.
It is the same as the LOA 93 rate. Imagine, the west being such superb negotiators, and not in bankruptcy, take a bankruptcy wage for a 330. Nice move!

Back