West Pilots Negotiating Separate?

It is the same as the LOA 93 rate. Imagine, the west being such superb negotiators, and not in bankruptcy, take a bankruptcy wage for a 330. Nice move!

And the east pilots compalin they don't have parity.

There's your parity.

That's fine with me. I'll be glad to start my trips out of PHL or CLT. As a commuter, I will be closer to my base anyway.

With your contempt for East pilots, I imagine you'll be a real hoot on a 3 day trip.

Driver B)

I think before anyone get too excited about A330's going anywhere you have to consider the fact the ones you have on order now are deferred for a reason. I believe it was lack of financing if I am not mistaken. They may have resolved that possibly but I don't remember reading anything new on the issue.

As far as negotiating separately with the west I would not have a clue. I will defer that to the experts!

I was just posing a hypothetical reason of how someone in HQ could confuse West pilots showing up as some kind of West negotiations. Pretty much pulled it from thin air.

But a possible reason would be to maintain fleet min for the West.

Never said they were going to fly Hawaii. I don't know which are older, the 767s or some of the West 757s, good question.

Ya think an ETOPS 321 could make the islands from PHX?

I've read that the Target for the A321 NEO is the 757. I don't know if re-engining and adding winglets will be enough though.

I've read that the Target for the A321 NEO is the 757. I don't know if re-engining and adding winglets will be enough though.
At one of the crew news sessions Parker said that based on what they're hearing from Airbus it won't do either HI from PHX or Europe from the east coast.

Jim

At one of the crew news sessions Parker said that based on what they're hearing from Airbus it won't do either HI from PHX or Europe from the east coast.

Jim

Too bad Airbus didn't invest some of that money they spent on the A380 to build a true replacement aircraft for the 757. The Airbus fuselage is 7" greater diameter than the 757. Sure is more comfortable to ride in. Now if it could just get to altitude...

Driver B)

Too bad Airbus didn't invest some of that money they spent on the A380 to build a true replacement aircraft for the 757. The Airbus fuselage is 7" greater diameter than the 757. Sure is more comfortable to ride in. Now if it could just get to altitude...

Driver B)
JATO!

Thrust is only half of it dude!!! LOL!!!

You gotta have enough wing to keep you up there. Otherwise you're a bottle rocket.

Driver B)
RJ’s comes to mind
They and the boys and girls and union that fly them allow management to change the industry to what it is today RJ’s RJ’s RJ’s RJ’s your unions allow airline management to whipsaw the industry into express pay

RJ’s comes to mind
They and the boys and girls and union that fly them allow management to change the industry to what it is today RJ’s RJ’s RJ’s RJ’s your unions allow airline management to whipsaw the industry into express pay
And ALPA gave them the go ahead to do so.

And ALPA gave them the go ahead to do so.

Altair, Empire, Comair...all commuters that started flying jets. Of course, most of the airlines started as commuters, but these mini jets threw a monkey wrench into the mix. Every pilot's dream: "if I could only fly a jet, I'd be SOOOO HAPPY, I'd almost do it for free".

We kinda do it to ourselves. The love of aviation is a real love/hate thing.

Driver B)

Altair, Empire, Comair...all commuters that started flying jets. Of course, most of the airlines started as commuters, but these mini jets threw a monkey wrench into the mix. Every pilot's dream: "if I could only fly a jet, I'd be SOOOO HAPPY, I'd almost do it for free".

We kinda do it to ourselves. The love of aviation is a real love/hate thing.

Driver B)
so true!

Back