"What goes around.(could).Come around" !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Since carriers like DL/UA and LCC, have shown the world that they "want to deal", consider the following scenario;

As OIL prices continue to head "skyward", DL starts to get REAL NERVOUS(ABOVE of...the "Stay Tuned" level), and finds that UAL and CO are headed "down the aisle"

Maybe then, BIG RED approaches them with an Offer to Merge, Under NW terms.

DOH for PILOTS
F/A's stapled to the REAR of their NEW unions occ. seniority list

Same for rampers.

AMT's "might" stay non-union, because of the disparity in the AMT numbers

Agents to the "rear of their NEW unions BUS" !

NW could certainly use ATL, A certain amount of JFK, ALL of the Carib and Definitely SA,...their 757's, and sell AA the 737/800's and the few 777's.

NOW,wouldn't THAT be a case of the "shoe being on the other foot" !!

NW could certainly use ATL, A certain amount of JFK, ALL of the Carib and Definitely SA,...their 757's, and sell AA the 737/800's and the few 777's.

NOW,wouldn't THAT be a case of the "shoe being on the other foot" !!

So now you're basically saying that NW could use a merger instead of going it alone. I really
wish you would pick an opinion and stick to it. <_<

So now you're basically saying that NW could use a merger instead of going it alone. I really
wish you would pick an opinion and stick to it. <_<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NO Brother,

That's NOT what I'm sayin' at all.

I'm suggesting that DL,.....WHO IS looking to dance, could approach BIG RED, who does'nt need to dance,....but if the terms were in NW favor......."could" !!

Chucky, I'm sure you and I would agree that the OIL thing is going to get Worse !

Having said that,..........What do you think DEL-TAH's move will be.......AFTER the Anderson/"STAY TUNED" thing !

I'm not asking you for a disertation of what AA/UA/CO/NW/US will do, just your valued opinion about what the boys from HOT-LANTA will do ?

Only a couple of things wrong with your "vision",NHBB's......

1 - CO won't be waltzing down the aisle with anyone without NW's approval (the GOLDEN SHARE) unless NW undergoes a change of control, which doesn't sound like what you've got in mind.

2 - the new federal law that mandates the Allegheny-Mohawk labor protective provisions (Section 3 & 13) in any airline merger will make it hard (if not impossible) to "staple" anyone.

Jim

Only a couple of things wrong with your "vision",NHBB's......

1 - CO won't be waltzing down the aisle with anyone without NW's approval (the GOLDEN SHARE) unless NW undergoes a change of control, which doesn't sound like what you've got in mind.

2 - the new federal law that mandates the Allegheny-Mohawk labor protective provisions (Section 3 & 13) in any airline merger will make it hard (if not impossible) to "staple" anyone.

Jim

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"BB",

My bad !

I CAN'T belive I ommited the NW/CO situation.

As to your second point.
If a Non Union group of F/A's(DL) were Merged with a Union group(NW), there would be a representive election.

If the Union prevails, anyone NOT ALREADY in that Union, would then become union, and be slotted via OCCUPATIONAL seniority...............all legally done, so in this case the outcome would be the same !

Is that FACTUAL enough for you luv2fly ?????????????

Speaking of DEL-TAH, i see that they are losing about "15%" of their value :shock: , on the NYSE !

"STAY TUNED"

"BB",

My bad !

I CAN'T belive I ommited the NW/CO situation.

As to your second point.
If a Non Union group of F/A's(DL) were Merged with a Union group(NW), there would be a representive election.

If the Union prevails, anyone NOT ALREADY in that Union, would then become union, and be slotted via OCCUPATIONAL seniority...............all legally done, so in this case the outcome would be the same !

Speaking of DEL-TAH, i see that they are losing about "15%" of their value :shock: , on the NYSE !

"STAY TUNED"

Hey Bear, instead of worrying so much about Delta and Northwest, how bout you tell us how AAmerican is gonna avoid chapter 11? :eek:

High Fuel Prices Scare Airline

AIRLINE LOSSES GROW WITH RISING OIL PRICES | Story
Airlines' 2008 estimated net income or loss (), in millions, if crude oil prices average these amounts per barrel for the year:

Airline $75bbl $95bbl $100bbl $110bbl

Alaska $104 $14 $9 $54

American $797 $538 $872 $1,539
Continental $444 $12 $126 $354

Delta $538 $100 $260 $579

Northwest $488 $43 $69 $291

United $540 $116 $280 $609

Total majors $2,913 $709 $1,615 $3,426

US Airways $259 $19 $41 $160

Total industry $3,877 $322 $1,371 $3,321

Source: Merrill Lynch Airline Research

As to your second point.
I take it that you haven't read the legislation......

It gives non-union members of a craft/class the same protections as union members when merging seniority lists. The only exception is when the two groups are represented by the same union and the union contract provides at least the same protections as Allegheny-Mohawk section 3 & 13 (negotiate, binding arbitration if necessary). Ergo, there can be no automatic staple.

Jim

"BB",

My bad !

I CAN'T belive I ommited the NW/CO situation.\

Why not? It didn't support your clouded theory so you omitted it.

As to your second point.

DOH for PILOTS
F/A's stapled to the REAR of their NEW unions occ. seniority list

Well, actually no, but that isn't the first time you have let me down. First of all ALPA's merger policy is not based on DOH as you suggest. If you don't believe that perhaps you haven't been paying attention to the US/AW fiasco.
Your second statement is misleading at best. There will be no stapling anymore. You can thank your own beloved AA for that new law. Seems you guys created quite a stir when you "took care" of your union brothers at TWA.

All airlines are down today due to oil. I'll give you DAL is down more averaging 11-13%. AMR and NW averaging 8-9%. I'll guarantee you the press realeases today regarding the upcoming FA union vote is weighing on the stock today as well.
"STAY TUNED"

As always. I usually get a kick out of your misguided predictions.

Well, if we're going to use how much an airline's stock is up or down at a given moment as some sort of yardstick that means that LCC is in better shape than other legacies since it's down the least today. Anybody believe that LCC is therefore in the best position???

Jim

Well, if we're going to use how much an airline's stock is up or down at a given moment as some sort of yardstick that means that LCC is in better shape than other legacies since it's down the least today. Anybody believe that LCC is therefore in the best position???

Jim

Now AMR and NWA down 11% and 10%. I guess we're going to have to take snapshots every 5 minutes to see how finacially viable the airline is.

Now AMR and NWA down 11% and 10%. I guess we're going to have to take snapshots every 5 minutes to see how finacially viable the airline is.

Is DICK Anderson..Smarter than other airline CEO's,
OR,
Did the FACT that HE reacted FIRST to high OIL prices(BYE-BYE.."2000" Deltoids),....Indicate DL's MORE Perilous ($$$) position, compared to AA/UA/CO and NW ??

You left out a third option - he's just quicker than other CEO's, with the ability to be quicker probably due in part to a largely non-union workforce. Isn't every legacy carrier talking about or announcing additional cutbacks?

With only publicly available data, there's no way any of us know which legacy carrier is in the more perilous position at any given moment. It's sorta like trying to determine what the traffic ahead is doing by looking out the back window.

Jim

Is DICK Anderson..Smarter than other airline CEO's,
OR,
Did the FACT that HE reacted FIRST to high OIL prices(BYE-BYE.."2000" Deltoids),....Indicate DL's MORE Perilous ($$$) position, compared to AA/UA/CO and NW ??

Airlines bucking turbulent financial weather

"We want to be on the front end, taking advantage of it, not being victimized by it," Bastian said in an interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"Whoever can move with speed will win."

Market cap as of 03/06/2008

UAL 2.62B
DAL 2.55B
AMR 2.15B
NWA 2.11B
CAL 1.90B
LCC .784B

As for NHBB obsession with stock price as an indicator of which airline is in a “perilousâ€￾ position. Hint: the answer is all of the above.
Does this mean UAL is in the least Perilous position and LCC is in the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.