What if Obama decides not to run?

Seatacus

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
Puget Sound
www.usaviation.com
What are the odds Obama will pull the plug on his reelection bid. With poll numbers falling and the chance if he is reelected that he may face a Republican Senate and Cingress the presidency may not be what he wants. Would this leave a void to be filled by Hillary?

Unlikely he will not run regardless of the numbers. He may have a challenger but it is unlikely he would not run. I would like to see Ms Clinton on the ticket as VP. That would be a good change. Set her up for presidential run in 2016. I do not think Obama would loose against anyone of the current crop with the exception of Romney. The religious right can't stand him but I think they would shut up and vote for him because they hate Obama more. The indys might go for him because they could care less about his religious affiliations.

I am just wondering is the RNC is dumb enough to put up a Perry/Bachmann or Perry/Palin ticket Rove seems to think there is a good chance Palin will announce in a few weeks that she will go for it. If Romney were to choose someone like Jindal or Paul I'd think he would have a very good chance to win and continue screwing this country up.

What are the odds Obama will pull the plug on his reelection bid. With poll numbers falling and the chance if he is reelected that he may face a Republican Senate and Cingress the presidency may not be what he wants. Would this leave a void to be filled by Hillary?

That's certainly an interesting point to ponder. Hilliary would seem to be the logical person although her negative polling data is/was pretty close to Sarah Palin's and both are very high. So if not Hillary then who? Who is centrist enough to appeal to the independents who generally decide elections? The far left has no place to go so the Democrats can still count on them unless they're dumb enough to tun their own candidate.

IMO this election is one that is Obama's to lose not for the Republicans to win. Most don't realize that Reagan's poll numbers were actually a little worse at the same time in his first term and Reagan went on to become one of our greatest Presidents. So the question also becomes is Obama made of the stuff that Reagan was? Jury is out still but we haven't seen a whole lot of real leadership from him to date. He's a Chicago Politics Baby and while their little system of graft & corruption gets thing done, Chicago isn't the largest military power in the world or its largest economy.

If he takes the right kind of action in the next few months that results in the price of gas steadily declining, a gradual but downward trend in unemployment To say 8% with a little bit more emphasis on a balanced budget the guy is unbeatable. I don't see anyone on the Democratic side that would be able to do any better given where we are today.

Obama and Hillary are as progressive as they come.

John Podesta runs Center for American Progress which basically tells Obama what to do.

CAP is known as the Clinton White House in waiting and Hillary Clintons think tank.

Podesta and CAP were the ones who came out with that long letter telling Obama how to rule by EO and regulation(which he has) after they lost control of 3 branches.

Go Hillary.......LOL

With every "yank-tug- and pull" by 90% of the 2012 GOP cast, to Pull the party Further to the Right, BO would be a fool not to run.
Against this very weak GOP field, BO could run from "inside the Clink" and still beat them, regardless of the POOR shape the Ol' Sod is in.
(well, my opinion anyway)

TB

With every "yank-tug- and pull" by 90% of the 2012 GOP cast, to Pull the party Further to the Right, BO would be a fool not to run.
Against this very weak GOP field, BO could run from "inside the Clink" and still beat them, regardless of the POOR shape the Ol' Sod is in.
(well, my opinion anyway)

TB

Both parties lean too left now, any move to the right is a welcome move.

OOPS! Trouble in Progressive Paradise

Angry Unions Sever Ties With Democrats, Obama

Thursday, 25 Aug 2011 05:33 PM

In a huge public blow to the electoral fortunes of both President Obama and the Democratic Party, the president of the AFL-CIO said Thursday that organized labor is preparing to ditch Democrats and go it alone in building up its own grassroots structure.

Specifically, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka told reporters that the nation’s largest labor federation will scale back their involvement with the Democratic Party in advance of the 2012 elections.

In 2008, unions spent over $400 million for Obama's election. Asked if the AFL’s move is a huge blow to Obama, Democratic pollster Doug Schoen told Newsmax.TV: “Absolutely. Obama needs to get labor back and I think he’ll be courting them furiously in the weeks and months to come."

While Trumka had nothing but scathing words for the tea party movement, he laid out a scenario that very much mirrored the tea party’s grassroots structure and its clout in the GOP. The vision is for big labor to wield the clout that it once had inside the Democratic Party and on the liberal end of the spectrum in American politics.

Trumka made it clear that his plan will cost the Democrats both contributions and labor volunteers in many districts almost immediately. That would cripple key Democratic get-out-the-vote efforts in many swing districts on Election Day.

Well even a former coal miner (Trumka) can see the Empty Suit for what he is. An empty suit back bench junior senator from arguably one of the most corrupt states in the country attempting to be the leader of the free world and failing at every turn. I mean Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle stick the AFL-CIO threw him under the bus, picked him up and threw him under again. Obama isn't toast yet but Mom just plugged the toaster in.

Or, maybe it's liberal columnists who are deeply disappointed in Obama, and see a future containing a far-right-wing-loony Congress AND White House.

Or maybe he just sees Obama for what he really is? Rather then the cult of personality, liberal media generated empty suit?

When someone on the editorial board of the Chicago Trib (Obama's hometown paper) is saying he should step aside, you gotta wonder...

The big win for Republican Mark Amodei in Nevada’s 2nd CD, along with a surprise defeat for Democrats on the other side of the country, has the Nevada Democratic Party looking for a way to succeed in what looks to be a very, very tough 2012 election. Their new strategy? According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal and their inside source, it’s simple: “Don’t get your picture taken with President Obama.”

Democrats face 2012 worried about Obama's low ratings

One Nevada Democratic Party insider offered this tip for candidates running for public office in 2012: "Don't get your picture taken with President Obama," he said.

At least not while Barack Obama's approval ratings remain in the tank, in the high 30 percent to low 40 percent range, according to recent opinion polls.

Democrats came to this conclusion after Amodei hammered his opponent, state treasurer Kate Marshall, with a television spot called “Echo”:

To be fair, it's the same policy used in the last couple elections prior to The Annointing -- few R's wanted any connection with Bush.

Or maybe he just sees Obama for what he really is? Rather then the cult of personality, liberal media generated empty suit?

I'm not totally disagreeing with you here. If truth be known, I take personal responsibility for Obama's presidency. When he was still the junior Senator from Illinois, but public speculation about his future Presidential prospects was just beginning, I passed him in the concourse in ORD one day. I called his name. He turned around with one of the most gorgeous smiles you will ever see on a male person. I said, "Senator Obama, I hope you run." I figure that he thought "if a bald-headed old white guy with a thick Southern accent wants me to run, maybe I have a chance." Sorry.

I don't think Obama is an empty suit. He is a college professor. Conflict, which is the major tactic of current American politics these days, is not his strong suit. Collegiality--(hence, the word, college) where authority is vested equally among colleagues--does not appear to be a workable approach in today's world.