What if Obama decides not to run?

I'm not totally disagreeing with you here. If truth be known, I take personal responsibility for Obama's presidency. When he was still the junior Senator from Illinois, but public speculation about his future Presidential prospects was just beginning, I passed him in the concourse in ORD one day. I called his name. He turned around with one of the most gorgeous smiles you will ever see on a male person. I said, "Senator Obama, I hope you run." I figure that he thought "if a bald-headed old white guy with a thick Southern accent wants me to run, maybe I have a chance." Sorry.

I think I'll just defer to the standard liberal reply: That's racist!

The reality is that racism (and sexism and ageism and religious discrimination) is alive and well in the United States of America. Deal with it.
Nice to see you wear it like a badge of honor (when needed of course). After all, your party has perfected it to an higher art form.

And, the great majority of your party are the same racists who used to be called Dixiecrats prior the Civil Rights Act of 1964. But do try to remember in the future to try to stick to the topic and eschew (look it up) ad hominem attacks. Not only is your opinion of me not really any of my business, but it makes you look mentally deficient.

And, the great majority of your party are the same racists who used to be called Dixiecrats prior the Civil Rights Act of 1964. But do try to remember in the future to try to stick to the topic and eschew (look it up) ad hominem attacks. Not only is your opinion of me not really any of my business, but it makes you look mentally deficient.

Sorry you are offended. Skin thickening cream may help.

Liberals vow to challenge Obama in Democratic primaries

By Seth McLaughlin
The Washington Times
Monday, September 19, 2011

President Obama’s smooth path to the Democratic nomination may have gotten rockier Monday, after a group of liberal leaders, including former presidential candidate Ralph Nader, announced plans to challenge the incumbent in primaries next year.

More

You had me till I saw Naders name. Besides, its to late in the race to jump in. Clinton might be able to pull it off but I doubt she will entertain tbe idea.

Reactions: 1 person
You had me till I saw Naders name. Besides, its to late in the race to jump in. Clinton might be able to pull it off but I doubt she will entertain tbe idea.

Did you bother to read the entire article or just hit reply?

Hope you're sitting down..these are the same clowns who fought tooth and nail to usurp what ended up as the CRA of 64 that was in the beginning sponsored by those racist bastard Republicans.

Dix·ie·crat

noun /ˈdiksēˌkrat/
Dixiecrats, plural

1. Any of the Southern Democrats who seceded from the party in 1948 in opposition to its policy of extending civil rights

Little racist background...pdf format.

Hope you're sitting down..these are the same clowns who fought tooth and nail to usurp what ended up as the CRA of 64 that was in the beginning sponsored by those racist bastard Republicans.

Little racist background...pdf format.
They (dixiecrats) defected from the Democratic party in opposition to the CRA of 1964.

To what party did they defect?

Clearer political and ideological lines began to be drawn between the Democrat and Republican parties as moderates and liberals converted from Republican to Democrat. Conservatives in the Democratic Party began to move to the increasingly conservative Republican Party.

the Deomocratic and Republican Parties have significantly changed since then. There were a great number of Republicans that supported the CRA. In fact, it would never have passed if it were not for their support.

No way that is the same party that we are now watching.

The States Right's Party was created by that group. Sound familiar? We have a state's right guy running for President right now that fits the bill. Former Democrat who defected...
link

The Democratic and Republican Parties have completely changed since then. In fact, the CRA would not have passed without the Republican support due to the racist southern Democrats fighting the passage.

Anyone who believes that the Republican or Democratic party today resembles that of 1946 is delusional.

They (dixiecrats) defected from the Democratic party in opposition to the CRA of 1964.

The States Right's Party was created by that group. Sound familiar? We have a state's right guy running for President right now that fits the bill. Former Democrat who defected...
link

The Democratic and Republican Parties have completely changed since then. In fact, the CRA would not have passed without the Republican support due to the racist southern Democrats fighting the passage.

Anyone who believes that the Republican or Democratic party today resembles that of 1946 is delusional.

Delusional might be a bit strong. I'd argue that they aren't the same as they were ten years ago never mind 50 or 60 years ago. We hear all of this stuff about "Tax & Spend Liberals", well I think that means that George W Bush would be liberal under that criteria.

As to the DixieCrat wing of the Democratic Party one could argue that those legislators reflected the majority view in their states and were appropriately representing their constituencies. However in some instances the greater good of society must prevail and equality for blacks was a greater good. Even if for no other reason than for the group to grow economically and provide more tax revenue.

When I was in a position to hire people I got chastised for hiring to many blacks (off the record of course). The reason I hired them wasn't out of a sense of social justice. It was because in general they were harder workers then the white kids we could attract.

For the most part those racist scoundrels returned to the Dem party after the 48 election.
I remember reading about Dems trying to filibuster several things around the CRA....like Robert Byrd and most of the southern democrats.....Sheets Byrd wasn't it?
And look how the DNC lamely throws out the race card today......LOL
Takes one to know one Mom used to say.

link

Your states rights thing.....got any idea how many states are persuing state sovereignty issues?
Mainly from too much Fed intrusion........Kind of a non issue.

Latest posts