What Is The Best Option To A Settlement?

Hawk

Sep 28, 2003
There have been many rumors in the last day or so concerning the company’s proposal. Each IAM member should carefully read the language and make the decision if they can live with the contract. The proposal is not as bad as some have made it out to be. Due credit should be given to the IAM committee for working diligently for their membership.

The company believes that several hundreds of utility employees can move to the fleet service classification because of all the vacancies in the system. In addition, many will choose to retire by March 1st and receive the post-retiree benefits. Also, a large number of mechanics have plans to retire, so the net result will be many less furloughs. Again, all of these changes can only happen if the contracts are ratified.

There is utterly no event where a contract rejection is better than ratification, even for someone who would lose his or her job. This offer may not be the best, but it is much better than the October proposal. It is important that everyone who is angry thinks rationally and make sure they vote for ratification.

Bob Owens, since you are so interested in providing guidance to our employees, I will respond to your erroneous information in the thread titled “why even voteâ€￾. The court won't impose anything. The court has ruled. The contract was abrogated!! The only way they have a contract is to ratify this proposal.

If the IAM rejects the settlement proposal, we will not implement that offer. We will implement the 1113c proposal made in October. The IAM committee was told exactly what would happen. Lastly, if the IAM rejects the offer, the company would not pay severance or medical coverage.

Sorry Hawk your spin from CCY is bull.

15% of the of Fleet Service is to be downsized, that is around 500 rampers, please explain how is Utility going to get a ramp job when you are laying off rampers and they have the right to those jobs before anyone mechanic and related employee.

You are not offering any seniority and you are offering starting wages, ironic that a utility person will make more on unemployment then your imaginary part-time ramp jobs that don't exsist.

Hold your carrot in front of someone else and we don't take kindly to threats.

You can take your severence and stick it where the sun does not shine.

See you on the unemployment line, oh that is right you won't be there, you have a golden parachute.

Don't worry the picket line will shut this place down.

700UW said:
15% of the of Fleet Service is to be downsized, that is around 500 rampers.
[post="237054"][/post]​

Have you heard a percentage of maintenance employees? Mechanic jobs?

Thanks!

District 142 will provide the information Monday when the Grievance Committee Chairmen get the final offer.

And My Vote is My Choice and it is a confidential.

It's probably time we deep six this turd. I may not get severance but I will snicker a little thinking about dave trying to get his investment back. Perhaps I will even find a job with a real airline, you know one that values their work force like say south west. A hell of a raise ta boot.

T-bone said:
It's probably time we deep six this turd. I may not get severance but I will snicker a little thinking about dave trying to get his investment back. Perhaps I will even find a job with a real airline, you know one that values their work force like say south west. A hell of a raise ta boot.
[post="237072"][/post]​

Another post mentioned that DL was hiring in HKY. There were 6 openings and over 400 applicants. Good luck in your future endeavors.