What is the twu international going to give up in BR

767 mechanic

Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Does anybody have any ideas on what the twu international could sacrifice on behalf of the membership? In 2003 the membership did all of the sacrificing and the international recieved pay raises. The local officiers travel A-12 while on union business. Why does the internatiional and their famlies travel A-5?(Remember the Gary Yingst and wife vacation to Hawaii) How much did we have to pay to keep his job? What is the dollar amount of this travel? Why should Jim Little and family get to travel positive space,bumping paying passengers when the only bumping that some of us are going to be doing is to another station or to the unempoyment line.

Does anybody have any ideas on what the twu international could sacrifice on behalf of the membership? In 2003 the membership did all of the sacrificing and the international recieved pay raises. The local officiers travel A-12 while on union business. Why does the internatiional and their famlies travel A-5?(Remember the Gary Yingst and wife vacation to Hawaii) How much did we have to pay to keep his job? What is the dollar amount of this travel? Why should Jim Little and family get to travel positive space,bumping paying passengers when the only bumping that some of us are going to be doing is to another station or to the unempoyment line.

It appears the TWU International is going to give up 2 hours pay per month from 9,000 members who will be removed from the payroll.

Of course that is the ATD (Air Transport Division) . The TWU International is much larger and I wonder if 9000+ will make any real difference.

It appears the TWU International is going to give up 2 hours pay per month from 9,000 members who will be removed from the payroll.

From what I hear they are letting go of all their in house political and legislative reps to offset the loss of dues money so much for shared sacrifice.

There is no way in hell I'd let union goons bump my rev pax.
That's just fricken outrageous...

Point of order... It's a bit of an overstatement that an A5 can bump revenue...

It's true that an A5 has an opportunity to displace revenue, in that they can book in F, J, or Y, which means those seats aren't available to sell.

That in turn could also result in oversales, but the same happens with any A10, A11, or A12 who booked while E was available.

To be fair, E gets shut down pretty quickly when a flight starts booking up, whereas F, Y or J tend to be left open longer, so there is more potential to have A5's traveling on a flight that takes oversales, but it's still a pretty low probability.

If that happens for someone on personal travel, they're given a 1099 for the taxable value of the seat they occupied (i.e. something close to the D3 rates).

What isn't possible is for an A5 to show up unannounced and force paying customers off the aircraft. They'd be put on the standby list just like any other.

------------

Now.... as for sacrifices that the union could make...... you guys control this more than you want to believe at times -- why not ask them to make the ultimate sacrifice, and decertify them?... It's not like you've been pissing & moaning about their ineptitude for the past ten years.

Being an employee at will in the Airline Industry is just plain stupid.

NW employees fared better than DL employees in Chapter 11.

And in the RLA there is no true process to decertify a union.

Yes, and we all know how well MSP and MEM fared after Chapter 11...

Industrial Unionist are like cultist, they come to believe whatever their leaders tell them regardless of the facts.

Almost like most Americans and whatever Media News Outlet Source they watch daily.

I guess to some losing your job or having to move and start over is defined as fairing well.

Using 700UW's logic, in AA's Chapter 11 filing, those working at AFW are going to fair better than those in Tulsa. LOL

Industrial Unionist are like cultist, they come to believe whatever their leaders tell them regardless of the facts.

Almost like most Americans and whatever Media News Outlet Source they watch daily.

I guess to some losing your job or having to move and start over is defined as fairing well.

Using 700UW's logic, in AA's Chapter 11 filing, those working at AFW are going to fair better than those in Tulsa. LOL
Your so full of yourself, you need to take a step back.

PMNW employees got more money in claims, higher wages, paid less for insurance, had more vacation and sick time and scope language protection coming out of Chapter 11 than PMDL employees.

Those are facts, if you cared to investigate you would have know that.

So you didnt use my logic as you dont have the capability to look past the failed TA and you want to blame everyone else for AA's problems.

Your so full of yourself, you need to take a step back.

PMNW employees got more money in claims, higher wages, paid less for insurance, had more vacation and sick time and scope language protection coming out of Chapter 11 than PMDL employees.

Those are facts, if you cared to investigate you would have know that.

So you didnt use my logic as you dont have the capability to look past the failed TA and you want to blame everyone else for AA's problems.

Me...so full of myself? You are the one constantly claiming you are educating us all because you have been thought BK twice at US and have all the information. That we are all ignorant and without you here we would be doomed. That is "full of yourself"

Well if you HAVE the facts, then share them, don't just post some unsubstantiated claims as if they are the truth.
Show us those facts with detailed specific comparisons on all-in cost outs and what took place after emergence from C11 BK.

Maybe you should consider creation of website called "God of Airline C11 . com"
And back up your BS with some real factual data.

Well if you HAVE the facts, then share them, don't just post some unsubstantiated claims as if they are the truth.
Show us those facts with detailed specific comparisons on all-in cost outs and what took place after emergence from C11 BK.

700's claims about NW vs DL are true (and yes, I know what board I'm on & that AA's BK is new ground).

I can tell you that my counterparts at DL paid more for insurance, had less vacation (4 weeks-5 if grandfathered- compared to 6), and that we at NW had better sick & OIL accruals, and of course the most important: Scope.

As for the 1113 process itself, I'm well aware that most all of you have little (or no) faith in the TWU. Can't say I blame you, but compared with no CBA in the first place, or no one advocating for you, it's a much better option.

Back