What the deal AMP

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
What's the deal with AMP? What 's the card count? When are they going to file? In ord its very low key i.e. no stickers, no posters, no tee-shirts etc, etc....... still don't really know there is a drive going on. Contract voted down by 2/3rd's you should have enough cards to file.

P.S. was looking to sign a card today still couldn't google AMP to get to the correct website

AMFA represents SWA and you all scream about wanting a SWA contract. Lets contact AMFA and have them start a new drive. I think if they find out the AMP drive is dead they may be willing to start a new drive.

What's the deal with AMP? What 's the card count? When are they going to file? In ord its very low key i.e. no stickers, no posters, no tee-shirts etc, etc....... still don't really know there is a drive going on. Contract voted down by 2/3rd's you should have enough cards to file.

P.S. was looking to sign a card today still couldn't google AMP to get to the correct website

AMFA represents SWA and you all scream about wanting a SWA contract. Lets contact AMFA and have them start a new drive. I think if they find out the AMP drive is dead they may be willing to start a new drive.
Paul,
We started the card drive in July, and have well over 50% of what we need. Please go to this site and contact your local AMP organizer for more details.
http://www.ampnational.org/

You sound like you need somebody to hold your hand in ORD paul1. Why don't you get involved? Just like during the AMFA drive, people like you always want somebody else to fight for change, spend their weekends fighting for it, and their money fighting for it...... because they ________ (fill in excuse blank here).

Let me give you a clue.....The SWA AMFA mechanics aren't gonna come here to AA and start a card drive.....while you sit there and whine.

Paul,
We started the card drive in July, and have well over 50% of what we need. Please go to this site and contact your local AMP organizer for more details.

If you all have well over 50%, then when is the vote? I really hope you guys get AMP in over there at AA. I went to the web site and found nothing as far as card count.
One question; will AMP allow members to sit in at negociations? Just currious.. Good luck guys, any idea when NMB may announce that they have enolugh cards?

Hackman lets get a couple of things straight, 1st I don't need you to hold my hand or anyone else from AA. 2nd I have been involved in several card drives with amfa over the years. 3rd I have recently contacted AFMA about starting a new card drive and was told that with the current AMP drive they had no plans at this time, 4th theres is no talk of AMP around here except when I ask, and someone just gives me that lost look. 5th when trying to track down there website via google was not easy. thank you odie01 for posting a link

IF they have over 50% what are they waiting for thats what I'm getting at.

You sound like you need somebody to hold your hand in ORD paul1. Why don't you get involved? Just like during the AMFA drive, people like you always want somebody else to fight for change, spend their weekends fighting for it, and their money fighting for it...... because they ________ (fill in excuse blank here).

Let me give you a clue.....The SWA Airline AMFA mechanics aren't gonna come here to AA and start a card drive.....while you sit there and whine.

You could have said "we need help organizing at ORD", instead of alienating Paul1 with your personal attack. The man has questions, you have insults. Is that what AMP is about?

Can anyone answer why we just don't ask for the SWA contract?

Hackman lets get a couple of things straight, 1st I don't need you to hold my hand or anyone else from AA. 2nd I have been involved in several card drives with amfa over the years. 3rd I have recently contacted AFMA about starting a new card drive and was told that with the current AMP drive they had no plans at this time, 4th theres is no talk of AMP around here except when I ask, and someone just gives me that lost look. 5th when trying to track down there website via google was not easy. thank you odie01 for posting a link

Fact of the matter is Paul, we can use your help, and the help of any other Tltle 1 and 2 maintenance professional that would like to preserve what we have and get back what we gave away. This is not snake oil, its Democracy, we should not fear Democracy. Please go to http://www.ampnational.org/ and click on contacts and email or call your station amp organizer. You can also email questions through the website and a AMP stearing committee member will get back to you.
Thanks

Well, that's great paul. I guess your the reason so many cards came out of ORD. Did you support the NWA mechanics when they walked? If so, were you out there on the line with them in the heat with the hired security goons filming and attempting to intimidate? I was....for several weeks. During the last card drive for AMFA there was only a few doing all the work, and many complainers....why, how come, what's the card count, when do we file, while they sat on their hands and did nothing.

The "what have you done lately for me" crowd is still alive and well. It's no wonder why the twu company union is still on the property.

Duke787, I'm not an AMP organizer. However, I signed my card the first day I heard of the drive, because all most anybody is better than the twu at this point. The fact that some have not signed a card is telling. I leave it to you what that indicates.

Yes hacker I did walk the line with NWA A&P's at terminal 2, and to tell you the true I didn't see any security goons or anyone there trying to intimidate anyone. What I did see was a bunch of passenger's walk right on bye to catch that NWA flight, without a second thought. (One old timer did stop to give his support and then he was off to catch his NWA flight)

And from what I remember, from all the drives the line stations where on board, but couldn't get tulsa to make a move

Yes hacker I did walk the line with NWA A&P's at terminal 2, and to tell you the true I didn't see any security goons or anyone there trying to intimidate anyone. What I did see was a bunch of passenger's walk right on bye to catch that NWA flight, without a second thought. (One old timer did stop to give his support and then he was off to catch his NWA flight)

And from what I remember, from all the drives the line stations where on board, but couldn't get tulsa to make a move
Huh, that's stange pauly jr, I guess you either weren't out there with them on the line or your blind, because NWA hired security goons at EVERY Scab Air station to monitor/harass the strikers, even DFW where they have minimal flights. We had some fun with the hired goons here at DFW, they didn't like being out in the 100+ heat, so they videoed from inside their rental cars....which made them easy targets.

Tulsa is always most of the card drive problem, but ORD wasn't really that great with the numbers either.

Didn't ORD vote yes for the latest twu sellout?

hackman if you are what AMP is about good luck.I'm guessing you are some of that dead weight around AA, you want yours but want to do nothing for it.

p.s. don't waste you time responing your are my 1st member on the ignore list of any forum congrats

hackman if you are what AMP is about good luck.I'm guessing you are some of that dead weight around AA, you want yours but want to do nothing for it.

p.s. don't waste you time responing your are my 1st member on the ignore list of any forum congrats
Wow pauly, that didn't take long. I stated before I'm not an organizer for AMP. I kinda figured when you asked the card count and whined on the crybaby porch steps you were a company union man or a Jimmy Little international lap dog fishing for information.

You can put me on ignore, but you can't ignore the truth. Now, take your ball and go home.

Paul,

Well if your over the 50% requirement then filing should be soon because AMP has less than 13 days before the "will of the membership" gets presented to the company. The "No voters", which I assume includes all AMP organizers, are soon to have their say on the contract they rejected with their "No Vote" by authorizing their TWU Negotiating Team to use appropriate action to gain them a better deal. I would expect on the 14th all members will be fully behind their TWU Negotiating Team's and the AMP will fall to the wayside with its short lived dismal support and become a casualty, just as the last AMFA drive suffered here at AA some time back. Below were the options included on ballot for those who may have gone astray over the past few months from the membership.....

Ballots will be mailed to TWU members July 26; results will be tabulated and announced by the American Arbitration Association on the afternoon of Aug. 24.

Ballot language to be considered by members of the three bargaining units reads simply:

• I VOTE TO ACCEPT

• I VOTE TO REJECT AND AUTHORIZE THE NEGOTIATING TEAM TO TAKE WHATEVER ACTION NECESSARY UP TO AND INCLUDING A STRIKE

Well if your over the 50% requirement then filing should be soon because AMP has less than 13 days before the "will of the membership" gets presented to the company. The "No voters", which I assume includes all AMP organizers, are soon to have their say on the contract they rejected with their "No Vote" by authorizing their TWU Negotiating Team to use appropriate action to gain them a better deal. I would expect on the 14th all members will be fully behind their TWU Negotiating Team's and the AMP will fall to the wayside with its short lived dismal support and become a casualty, just as the last AMFA drive suffered here at AA some time back. Below were the options included on ballot for those who may have gone astray over the past few months from the membership.....

Ballots will be mailed to TWU members July 26; results will be tabulated and announced by the American Arbitration Association on the afternoon of Aug. 24.

Ballot language to be considered by members of the three bargaining units reads simply:

• I VOTE TO ACCEPT

• I VOTE TO REJECT AND AUTHORIZE THE NEGOTIATING TEAM TO TAKE WHATEVER ACTION NECESSARY UP TO AND INCLUDING A STRIKE
Their were alot more NO votes than AMP organizers, and its obvious their is no more fight left in your body. Please retire and let us handle the battle to restore benifits, pay, and most of all respect for our profession. If you remember, our 2001 contract was on the coat tails of an AMFA drive, you should be supporting the AMP drive, sure does seem like your company/twu int.

Their were alot more NO votes than AMP organizers, and its obvious their is no more fight left in your body. Please retire and let us handle the battle to restore benifits, pay, and most of all respect for our profession. If you remember, our 2001 contract was on the coat tails of an AMFA drive, you should be supporting the AMP drive, sure does seem like your company/twu int.

odie01,

The "Will of the Membership" has spoken and will need your support as a TWU member. What will you do with your time beginning December 14, 2010?