What to do with my Northwest FF miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrophilias

Senior
Mar 7, 2006
Since I no longer fly on Northwest and I have so many FF miles I'm asking myself what to do with them. I don't want Northwest to get credit for any charitable contribution that I make. I don't want anyone who I like to fly Northwest. Any ideas?

Since I no longer fly on Northwest and I have so many FF miles I'm asking myself what to do with them. I don't want Northwest to get credit for any charitable contribution that I make. I don't want anyone who I like to fly Northwest. Any ideas?

using them will punish NWA more than just letting them just sit there. I dont know your particular beef with NW but If you are angry with them, you using those miles with your butt in the seats (extra wieght) . And who knows you may go somewhere and have a great time. You may even enjoy the flight. Nah ..... You are probably too jaded just like the people you are mad at, at the airline. LOL Just kidding, I have no other ideas what to do with your miles.

I say donate 'em to the Make-A-Wish foundation....

I think you can donate them in your own name. And if not? Who cares? The important thing is that *you'll* know who did the right thing *and* you'll make a difference in some kid's life.

You could redeem them for use on other Skyteam members other than NW
or
my favorite global NPO of the month is AHEAD Energy at Univ Rochester. They are teaching people in Africian countries how to suck that last remaining oil out of oil wells that these big corporations abandoned years ago when it was no longer profitable at $30 barrel to put the effort into getting at it. Now at $130, its a diffrent story. You would help entire communites become self sustaining.
or
Closer to home, As Kev recommends Make A Wish is a great NPO and can always use the miles

Why not redeem them on a partner airline, such as DL, CO or AS?

give them to someone you don't like...LOL...

give them to someone you don't like...LOL...
you will be able to convert them to Delta SKymiles in the very near future. As long as you keep them valid in the program parameters--usually 18 months active, I think? you may have to rent a car or stay at partner hotel to keep them current--they won't go bye bye any time soon--just convert to DL

Hey, I'll take them!!

I think you can buy magazine subscriptions with miles....do that and then give the rest of the miles away.

I would research an organization before giving your "miles" to them. I know a few that turned out to be not what they seem (one had 2 complaints with BBB). I just gave to an organization for military veterans since I know what its like to be on the receiving end on it. This is a nice reminder, my honey still has a zillion miles with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back