What's Going On With Aa Planes?

spartan

May 31, 2003
Lately I have heard about several AA planes either having aborted takeoffs (Twice last week at BDL on the same plane. When it did take off the next morning headed to DFW, it had an emergency landing at JFK), the two emergency landings at Buffalo/Niagra, (one was AE, the other AA), and the evacuation of the plane at DFW because of smoke in the cabin. Is it just me or are we seeing more and more of this kind of thing happening? My question is WHY? Is AA cutting back on costs so much that they are sending aircraft on flights that seem un-airworthy?? :huh: What's going on???

Yes, mid-air collisions with geese (RJ at BUF) are a direct byproduct of AA's financial problems. :rolleyes:

As to the other incidents: Are you accusing licensed mechanics of failing to repair airplanes properly or otherwise jeopardizing their licenses? :down:

Perhaps you should call the FAA; I hear they offer rewards for tipsters.

No one I know takes any short cuts. I'm sure AA knows what it's doing and of course all maintenance programs have the blessings of the FAA. My prior post was just a knee jerk reaction and I'm sure the above incidents have nothing to do with the new maintenance program. :D

These bad streaks seem to happen to everyone. I can recall DL having a series of uncontained engine failures over a short period of time about 4 years ago. Not to mention, I certainly recall TWA having their own spats, including a sequence of miscellaneous parts falling off of airplanes and one week where I recall something like 4 blown engines and/or engine fires. I think that was also the week with the MD-80 circling SFO for a couple hours before making an emergency landing. I remember that week well for being on a DC-9 that injested a blown tire -- got to do a tower flyby in STL to check the gear....

Of course I am just a VFF and I often wonder if these sequences are purely coincidental or perhaps a slight systemic issue (bad batch of parts, etc.). (NO I AM NOT ACCUSING MECHANICS OF SENDING OUT UNSAFE PLANES!)

I really do doubt it is a $$$ issue.

As a AMT I can tell you one thing, we are not nor will we ever fail to accomplish our jobs to the letter.

We are licensed mechanics and while we might be unhappy and disgruntled, we are held to a high standard in the performance of our jobs. Even if that standard was not present we would accomplish our jobs in the same way.

As a AMT I can tell you one thing, we are not nor will we ever fail to accomplish our jobs to the letter.

We are licensed mechanics and while we might be unhappy and disgruntled, we are held to a high standard in the performance of our jobs. Even if that standard was not present we would accomplish our jobs in the same way.

Yes but we why are we unhappy and disgruntled?

An overworwering sense of entitlement....
Nothing more.

Hmmm?

If you are a pilot and you meant to say that we as mechanics have "An overpowering sense of entitlement.... Nothing more."

And you cannot spell?

Maybe the term "autopilot" means something to you?

This is by no means a slight against those pilots who are professionals and realize the worth of their mechanics as professionals.

Ok,
didn't spell check.

You're right though.

I can't get over all the belly-aching you guys are doing. It really is an OVERPOWERING (see, got it right that time) sense of entitlement. And yes, the term autopilot means something. Especially now that we're doing the auto-land checks instead of you guys......

Don't take it personnaly though,(even though you are) somebody will always covet what others have. You've gone on record thinking you should be compensated at 777 captain rates because you bolted something to a 777 and put your signature in the log book.....

You get what you negotiate. If the TWU failed to get you 777rates, my guess is AMFA will too. Buck, you will never be happy.

You are correct, we get what we negotiate. I am working on that. However you attitude only furthers the division between our crafts.

I am Avionics, I see myself no better or worse than any skill. What do you want me to say that if it were not for avionics you could not fly the plane? The way I see it, is that if it were not for the mechanics, there would be no need for the pilots etc...

So you land the plane. I bet you would complain if the Autopilot was in-op and you had to fly your 777 across the Atlantic.

Bolting something to a 777? So you want to fly these machines without some of the parts?

Since you are on the subject of our compensation, maybe you could make a public statement as to how and at what level we should be compensated?

As for AMFA, I am just asking for a mechanics union as you have a pilots union. Why don't you pilots take Fleet Service for the next 50 years? And I sir, will be happy when my profession is fully recognized and I am compensated for that recognition along with my peers in my craft.

And of course I take it personally, as do you or you would not be whining in the first place.

"
I can't get over all the belly-aching you guys are doing. It really is an OVERPOWERING (see, got it right that time) sense of entitlement. And yes, the term autopilot means something. Especially now that we're doing the auto-land checks instead of you guys......

Don't take it personnaly though,(even though you are) somebody will always covet what others have. You've gone on record thinking you should be compensated at 777 captain rates because you bolted something to a 777 and put your signature in the log book....."

First of all the only thing that is overpowering is your arrogance.
The stipulation that the aircraft had to accomplish an actual auto-land ever 60 or so days has been around for a while.

I do not covet what you have, you and your group are entitled to what you have attained thru bargaining, your group bargains for itself and only for pilots.

We do not have that luxury, we as well you are professionals and expect to be treated as such. If you think what we do is so easy come on and give it a try. Its people with your attitude that cause so much descention between professions.

Arrogance? You make me laugh. Lets re-vist this thread. Spartan asks, why are AA flights aborting/etc.,etc, Is AA cutting MX spending, resulting in un-airworthy A/C flying the schedule? The answer is (without question) "NO"!

So Buck, (MR. "Yes but we why are we unhappy and disgruntled?") does as he and RV4 always seem to do, make this a TWU/AMFA problem. You see, its a conspiracy, or a tragedy, No, No, wait a minute, its the "Man"!

As far as my arrogance, I'm not the one dominating the AA board here at USaviation.com. The ONLY topic worthy of discussion here is AMFA. Period.

MADAMT, the only discention between our professions are ones you personally hold. I have the utmost resect for the thousands of professionals at AA A/C mx. (with a few exceptions) My only mistake here was a moment of weakness, thus allowing myself to make comment on Bucks uncalled for action of turning yet another thread of TWU/AMFA orgasm.

Wretched wrench:

""I'm a Pilot.
I'm better than you.
Live with it." "

Don't you mean " I'm a mechanic, you're a cabin cleaner, I'm better than you, live with it."?

Hmmm? It would appear that you were the first to mention AMFA in this thread. What part of management are you in?

As for dominating this forum, leave, it is that easy.

Or better yet post more. Get more pilots who hate mechanics to come here and post. Your way of thinking: Let's rid ourselves of mechanics and the search for democracy in their own class and craft.

Latest posts

Back