Where Is The Rib Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

MINI

Advanced
Apr 23, 2003
Where is our beloved Rib Master better known as CTD?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.

Spoke to BV at Heli Expo and basically he said that when all the personal attacks etc started flowing on the forum he lost interest in it and is now spending all his time reading motorbike mags.

Heli Ops

I don't know, but I suspect he got peed-off with abusive comments made here sometimes.
Some people ask for your thoughts, then get very rude when your opinions don't match theirs.
He is very experienced in the helicopter world, and not only had some good points to offer, but his experience gave him a great view on many other topics.
His newsletter is a fine example of this.

Unfortunately, CTD works for the MoT. Therefore, many people condsidered his personal views to be the Official MoT statement. This would often result in further unnecessary and unpleasant abuse.
I was very appreciative that he used his position in the MoT to get some 'inside' information on some subjects.
However some writers again went onto the attack, instead of being grateful for the extra data from very good sources.

I also enjoyed his 'lighter' side. The Western Tour, the ribs and the Fruit Lake Gang all added some much-needed joviality to this place.

Come on back CTD, (under a different name if needed), 'cos we miss you.
Your buddy, Cyclic Monkey

I notice most of the old gang from the original forum are a lot less talkative these days. There are other forums out there that they contribute to without the abuse that they've experienced here.

A few years ago it was fun picking on each other, now it seems to go a bit far, CTD has better things to do with his time.

RH

Watch this! I know how to get a reply out of CTD.

I don't drink scotch, but I have used it to clean the engine in my wifes car!!

and...

Let's begin a debate on the many qualities of DONAIR meat. Yes, the other mystery meat. Lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sauce, all neatly rolled up in a flat bread!! In a Homer voice: ummmmm donairs. :)

:D :D :D

Nice try, but he's not coming back to play here.

It's Our loss of all that good info on ribs, cycling and aviating...

So whats his problem? A fvew jabs shoudn't hurt anyone here from what I've seen.

O.K...One more try!!

CTD, could you please print the Vortex on softer paper? My piles have been acting up lately!! :D :D :huh: :lol: :D

Bad bubbleboy bad bad bad. :up:

O.K, enough kidding from me for now. If I could be serious for a moment. :mellow:

I don't have allot of experience with forum etiquette, obvious to some I'm sure, but I think revealing a real name is a brave thing to do given the nature of this forum. Friends are fine of course, but to others a real identity adds credibility to posts which then makes it difficult for one to dismiss personal attacks. When we remain secret, our posts lack credibility, not validity. This allows the ability to dismiss or completely ignore the more inflammatory exchanges.

This method of communication is less than perfect, and when we reveal our names, character and integrity are then determined by how well we can type. Not fair.
One day when we grow up, maybe we could have a forum where we know each others real identities.

If one thinks about it, how many people out there are "posers" or flakes? :shock: But with a secret identity, everybody is allowed to offer up opinions. How intelligent or relevant is decided by me.

I appreciate CTD's input and everybody elses, not because he has "clout" or belongs to a certain group (as some like to believe), but because CTD as a contributor has some interesting and funny things to say. :up: That doesn't mean that I hang on every word or agree with everything he says, but they usually have something to add.

That's my opinion, most of you will ignore it, but I'm O.K with that, because I'm one of those flakes that's sitting at the computer wearing my Capt. Kirk special edition Star Trek uniform! Beam me up Scotty. :D :D

Martha Stewart a.k.a bubbleboy

Well I'll be........I suspected you were Martha Stewart all along !!
That's pretty heavy stuff you just posted, especially for 12.41pm.
You haven't been sipping on the cooking sherry or rum while baking a fruitcake have you ????
Speaking of fruitcakes.......there's an old buddy of mine in the slammer with you.
He looks a little like Diana Ross, if you see him say Hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back