WHOA ! .." STOP the PRESSES" //// G O P Full of SHITE !

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
GOD DAMMIT Eric, I'm Waiting to your response to the (my) above  !!
Sorry, I didn't have a union job that allowed me to surf the web all day long. I also don't find responding to a foul-mouthed bigot to be very high on my priority list.

What's changed since the sweatshop days, Bears? Unions got greedy, and became the fat cats.

Thanks to the efforts of the early union organizers, we have OSHA, FLSA, and a couple dozen other agencies and laws, all of which protect employees' interests with more teeth than anything a union can do.

All the unions really have left protecting them from extinction are few laws allowing for a closed shop.

Fortunately, people are waking up and realising they don't need a union in order to find satisfaction in the workplace. So are legislatures. Enacting RTW laws is saving the small business owners from being strong-

eolesen said:
Sorry, I didn't have a union job that allowed me to surf the web all day long. I also don't find responding to a foul-mouthed bigot to be very high on my priority list.

What's changed since the sweatshop days, Bears? Unions got greedy, and became the fat cats.

Thanks to the efforts of the early union organizers, we have OSHA, FLSA, and a couple dozen other agencies and laws, all of which protect employees' interests with more teeth than anything a union can do.

All the unions really have left protecting them from extinction are few laws allowing for a closed shop.

Fortunately, people are waking up and realising they don't need a union in order to find satisfaction in the workplace. So are legislatures. Enacting RTW laws is saving the small business owners from being strong-

When you look at a Lot of the RTW states with tiny population (just sayin' Wyoming for example) the RTW 'thing is not all that strong in the final analysis.  (Yes Michigan was a decent 'Plum for the GOP)

Let me know when the following states go RTW.  .............CA/NY/PA/MA/NJ/MD/OH/NH/RI/VT/HI/WA/NV/MN/IL/OR/

Let me know when the following states go RTW.  .............CA/NY/PA/MA/NJ/MD/OH/NH/RI/VT/HI/WA/NV/MN/IL/OR/
As soon as the company's involved move "THEIR" businesses !

When you look at a Lot of the RTW states with tiny population (just sayin' Wyoming for example) the RTW 'thing is not all that strong in the final analysis.  (Yes Michigan was a decent 'Plum for the GOP)

since passing Right to Work -- which simply states that no Michigan worker can be forced to financially support a union as a condition of employment -- Michigan has seen a massive economic turnaround including: 
*** Catapulting to second in the nation in manufacturing job creation – just behind Indiana, which passed a Right to Work law in February 2012;
*** An unemployment rate lower than at any time in the past five years as the number of unemployed Michiganders has dropped by 30% since 2010;
*** Surging to ninth in the nation in per capita income growth!

Draw your own conclusions.

Can you please provide a source and link to the above copy/paste?

That way we can all draw our own conclusions from actual data and the context to which it is presented.

The stats on Michigan and Indiana came from National Right to Work Committee's newsletter, either May or April this year.

Here's another source:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324296604578179603136860138

Meanwhile, private employment has grown 4.9% in right-to-work states over the past three years, versus 3.9% in other states, according to an analysis of Labor Department data. This disparity is particularly stark in the factory sector: Manufacturing employment has grown 4.1% in right-to-work states over the past three years, compared with less than 3% in other states.
That article goes on to show how hourly wages are 9-10% lower under RTW (not surprising).

Ask anyone who is unemployed if they'd rather have a job making 90% of what they were earning while they were a union member, or 100% of what they're bringing home on unemployment and food stamps.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Can you please provide a source and link to the above copy/paste?

That way we can all draw our own conclusions from actual data and the context to which it is presented.

I could, but I'm not because I don't have to. Elosen beat me to it.

eolesen said:
The stats on Michigan and Indiana came from National Right to Work Committee's newsletter, either May or April this year.Here's another source:http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324296604578179603136860138 That article goes on to show how hourly wages are 9-10% lower under RTW (not surprising).Ask anyone who is unemployed if they'd rather have a job making 90% of what they were earning while they were a union member, or 100% of what they're bringing home on unemployment and food stamps.
So the higher wage jobs are simply being moved to low wage RTW states, while corporations make record profits and executive pay skyrockets.

But hey, your with the "at least I have a job" crowd.

Glenn Quagmire said:
So the higher wage jobs are simply being moved to low wage RTW states, while corporations make record profits and executive pay skyrockets.

But hey, your with the "at least I have a job" crowd.
Have you ever been in a job where you knew you were overpaid, or known someone who knew they were riding the gravy train, and then the train derailed?

Go ask them if they'd be satisfied taking a job that paid 9% less than what they were earning while on the gravy train.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/14/smallbusiness/minimum-wage-washington-jobs/

BUT.......eolesen, 700, 'DOG , dell, 'TREE,  et al, I mean 'RUSH said.................., Mark LEVINE said................., Sean    'Hand it to me' said...........that raising the minimum wage would  "HURT Small Business"  !!

" It DEFIES the CONVENTIONAL WISDOM of Many BUSINESS LOBBIES (a k a...CAPITALISM at A N Y COST), who predict economic Catastrophe "

What am I missing here  ? ? ? ?

The rest of the picture.

According to the National Review Hotline, Kathrina Tugadi owner of Seattle’s El Norte Lounge, no longer hires musicians for her restaurant, she said she can’t justify expenses that don’t directly “add to the bottom line.” And, she says, hours will have to be cut: El Norte Lounge plans to stop serving lunch and only serve dinner.

“I am concerned about my business and others in the community, but it isn’t just about any one business. It’s about how the entire economic community,” she said. El Norte may be unable to remain open once the ordinance is fully in effect, she said. Even Pagliacci Pizza, a Seattle-area pizza chain, is moving its call center and some of its production facilities outside the city. That’s a lot of job loss, a lot of new people with a new wage of ZERO.

You may think there are no intended consequences, but survey results tell a different story. Seattle Time contracted with a survey research firm to contact businesses in a broad range of industries likely to be impacted by the law. These are not businesses you’d describe as extravagant. Not surprisingly, nearly 70 percent of respondents in Seattle said that the $15 minimum wage is causing a “big increase” in their labor costs, and over 60 percent planned to pass on what they could to customers through higher prices.

But, according to Michael Saltsman, research director at the Employment Policies Institute, “price increases are not a silver bullet. After all, were businesses able to raise their prices at will without reducing sales, the minimum wage would be an afterthought. Customers have a choice: If prices increase, they could dine out less often or see one fewer movie a month. That’s why businesses are forced to adapt to a compulsory wage hike in other ways.”
In Seattle, 42 percent of surveyed employers were “very likely” to reduce the number of employees per shift or overall staffing levels as a direct consequence of the law. Similarly, 44 percent reported that they were “very likely” to scale back on employees’ hours to help offset the increased cost of the law. That’s particularly bad news for the Seattle metro area, where the unemployment rate for 16- to 19-year-olds is already more than 30 percent — due in part to Washington state’s already-high minimum wage.

Perhaps most concerning about the $15 proposal is that some businesses anticipated going beyond an increase in prices or a reduction in staffing levels. More than 43 percent of respondents said it was “very likely” they would limit future expansion in Seattle in response to the law. One in seven respondents is even “very likely” to close a current location in the city limits.

Seattle is the first city in the country to pass a $15 minimum wage. Survey results suggested it will be the first city to find out why it was such a bad idea.
http://viral.buzz/seattles-15-minimum-wage-crash-for-many-their-new-wage-is-zero/

Dog Wonder said:
Have you ever been in a hypothetical situation, then something hypothetical happened?  Hypothetically, how would you feel?
Have you ever said anything relevant ?

Back