Whore in waiting

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that no other airline seems to want anything to do with aquiring or merging with Northworst?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that no other airline seems to want anything to do with aquiring or merging with Northworst?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

proAMT,

DON'T be so sure !

If my memory serves me correct, in the past "20" years, only 1 carrier has openly expressed an "interest" in BIG RED !!

NH/BB's

HUH? Someone listening to my conversation last night? I was just saying this to my friend last night.

But I'm sure they are looking for someone who will take the airline just for its assets, (sans people).

BUT my thought is: If this is so, then if they are using low grade parts, wouldn't that cause more wear on parts and more maintenance because they need to be replaced more often?

I guess the interior of the a/c can be gutted out.... (I think you need to take a flame thrower to it soon......) and be fit with whatever they want.

I am really surprised there isn't more interest in NWA from several parties and esp US. I fly on NWA regularly and have no complaints....people are always pleasant (both on the ground and in the air) and the similarities of both airlines and how the managements have abused and mistreated their employees and customers in the grand scheme of things would make for a good merger. US +Delta is a recipe for disaster and most employees don't want to be caught up in that mess, whereas a US/NWA combination would create a STRONGER, Larger carrier that makes sense. I think a lot more is going on behind the scenes than meets the eye.

I for one, wished that it was with NW, and that was the talk for a long time. Although Doug Parker said that it would be either NW or DL, it was still a surprise. I'm disgusted that even though DL is in the weaker position, they still look down upon US people and think that our airline is second-tier, trailer-trash, and worthless. How dare we offer almost 9 BILLION for their superior airline!!!!!!!

You keep forgetting to mention that Parker went public with his offer after Grinstein told him 'No Thanks' in October.

How should they react to Parkers offer? No one made an unsolicited take over for your airline during its two recent trips through Chapter 11 did they?

I don't recall any unsolicited offers made in the press for United either.

Look at Parkers intrustion on the Delta bankruptcy as someone walking up to a couple having a loud argument on a street corner and asking the wife "Hey, want to get some dinner?".

Then acting suprised when both parties punch him in the face.

I for one, wished that it was with NW, and that was the talk for a long time. Although Doug Parker said that it would be either NW or DL, it was still a surprise. I'm disgusted that even though DL is in the weaker position, they still look down upon US people and think that our airline is second-tier, trailer-trash, and worthless. How dare we offer almost 9 BILLION for their superior airline!!!!!!!

I could not agree more.

How should they react to Parkers offer?
Look at Parkers intrustion on the Delta bankruptcy as someone walking up to a couple having a loud argument on a street corner and asking the wife "Hey, want to get some dinner?".

Then acting suprised when both parties punch him in the face.
This is nothing personal, it's business. Why have the analogies with wife, dinner, intrusion, and as another poster stated "rape"? I think that DP is an opportunist; there are worse things in the business world.

This is nothing personal, it's business. Why have the analogies with wife, dinner, intrusion, and as another poster stated "rape"? I think that DP is an opportunist; there are worse things in the business world.
I agree with you. DP is an opportunist-I just think there are better opportunities for all involved out there than DL/US. By the way,USCREW, I too have read "Debunking the Myth" and found it quite interesting. Having come to DL in 1994, though, the Kool-Aid was pretty much drunk-up by then. Most of us didn't buy into the whole DL "family" image or that they would take care of us.

I agree with you. DP is an opportunist-I just think there are better opportunities for all involved out there than DL/US. By the way,USCREW, I too have read "Debunking the Myth" and found it quite interesting. Having come to DL in 1994, though, the Kool-Aid was pretty much drunk-up by then. Most of us didn't buy into the whole DL "family" image or that they would take care of us.
Chance would have it that I happen to have many Delta friends. It started with meeting my very best friend who is now retired from Delta. She took a really nice buy-out around fifteen years ago and still has a few years left of travel priviledges. I always loved the Delta ground people, and felt that they really had a family thing. Now... the flight crews were not as nice, at least the ones that I encountered on overnights. It just seemed that they were arrogant towards the US crews, and this is the general thought I believe--not trying to offend, so I'll apologize in advance. Anyway, Delta today has somehow lost that magic. I don't know what happened, but I know that people are disillusioned. If this merger happens, I know that it will be painful and I hope that the employees of DL will realize that the US employees had no say in any of it...

Latest posts

Back