LD3

Veteran
Oct 16, 2003
CLT
Visit site
Or any other station?

Last Chance to Order
Discounted NASCAR Tickets

The Pass Bureau is currently taking orders for Phoenix International Raceway’s 2007 Checker Auto Parts 500 NASCAR race on Nov. 11. • $44 for adults, regularly $55 • $10 for children 0-12, regularly $10
The deadline to order is this Friday, Sept. 28. We are accepting orders with checks and MOs only payable to US Airways. The tickets will come in later and we will contact the purchaser for pick up. If you are not in the Phoenix area, mail us a check or MO and give with your address & phone number so we can Fed Ex the tickets when they arrive.

Don't you know that nothing exists outside of PHX? Don't waste your breath. The response you will get is that someone in the company local to PHX organized this and the company approved it. Then they'll go on to tell you to feel free and do the same in YOUR city. It's lame and happens ALL the time.

This one is actualy a little different as this is a big local event and they have a long relationship with the pass folks. But most of the "Discounts or group outing" are set up not by the company or some department but by people in the company or the cactus club on their own time. Make your own local contacts, get your own groups together and they will publish it in hte daily news letter. You have to take the point but the company will be suportive.

Many discount groups deal with numbers.

You got several hundred employees, you get the local discounts, you don't and too bad.

That's just the economics of it, kinda like group discounts on air tickets.

The discounts we have with certain big events in PHX have been long standing for many years now. Its always the same stuff every year... so I have a feeling there is not much work involved for the folks the Pass B to continue these discounts. If you look there are discounts for many things outside phx. The pass b needs to update their web page.

I think it just annoys many that though there are agreements with many foundations and organizations throughout this company Usairways only makes mention of the these type of things in PHX. For the most part this is true as you find on the Hub and publications. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, by and large, the exact same thing happens with Delta in ATL. It seems ATL employees are always being thrown corporate freebies or discounts, while the rest of the system is s.o.l. Until the recent JFK expansion, i didn't think any of our senior management knew life existed outside "Hot"lanta.

Yep, typical "corporate" cubical mentality. Everything revolves aroung the office and the company is the office. Operations, be it a warehouse, refinery or in our case an airline are non-existant to those in the office; they are the airline and they are the Ones who make it happen. Thus, they get the "bennies" as you are just a worker-bee. It is a microcosim of the "us against them" centuries old battle.

Have you ever thought that maybe other cities on the east coast dont want to deal with selling tickets when the company is on the west coast? Good ex. Disneyworld wont sell discounted tickets because the pass bureau is Tempe AZ and they want someone local in FL. Should every city have a pass bureau just to sell consignment tickets? Why do you people always think that it is personal? Trust me it's not!

Have you ever thought that maybe other cities on the east coast dont want to deal with selling tickets when the company is on the west coast? Good ex. Disneyworld wont sell discounted tickets because the pass bureau is Tempe AZ and they want someone local in FL. Should every city have a pass bureau just to sell consignment tickets? Why do you people always think that it is personal? Trust me it's not!
I love it. Similarly, it makes me laugh when employees become so bent outta shape because the majority of ads in the magazine are from/ about Vegas. Who cares??! They are paying for the space! :lol:

The company has REPEATEDLY said that Vegas is low yield and not much money to be made so advertise the hell out of it. MORONS. Also advertise in the magazine for $500,000.00 STUDIO apartments. Why have this in YOUR magazine if you are obviously hauling around many that look like they could barely afford subsidized housing. :rolleyes: Those advertisements are there because that is all USASSWAYS knows. Whether anyone cares or not is besides the point. It's a great magazine if you need a piece of paper to dispose of your gum.

The company has REPEATEDLY said that Vegas is low yield and not much money to be made so advertise the hell out of it. MORONS. Also advertise in the magazine for $500,000.00 STUDIO apartments. Why have this in YOUR magazine if you are obviously hauling around many that look like they could barely afford subsidized housing. :rolleyes: Those advertisements are there because that is all USASSWAYS knows. Whether anyone cares or not is besides the point. It's a great magazine if you need a piece of paper to dispose of your gum.

Hey Genius...the company doesn't print the magazine. They only get about 10 pages to put their stuff in and some other company solicits all the other advertising crap in there. The magazine is nothing more than a commercial with a touchy-feelly letter from Parker, a few airport diagrams, and a sudoku puzzle. The rest is crap. Feel free to take a copy when you deplane....with our compliments. ;)

So Usairways doesn't really have a say over what is pumped into that magazine? PLEASE :rolleyes: that magazine has Tempe written AAAAALL over it. Like I said before, "great for getting rid of your gum". :lol:

Hey Genius...the company doesn't print the magazine. They only get about 10 pages to put their stuff in and some other company solicits all the other advertising crap in there. The magazine is nothing more than a commercial with a touchy-feelly letter from Parker, a few airport diagrams, and a sudoku puzzle. The rest is crap. Feel free to take a copy when you deplane....with our compliments. ;)
Oh I can't hear you "Genius". Are ya out there? Just as I thought, the sound of CRICKETS! ! ! Thanks Piney. :up:

Well there ya have it. So Usairways has nooooooo input as to what goes in that magazine. Funny how the first month that it changed to the "Usairways" magazine from Attache' it was PUMPED full of PHX and Las Vegas adds though MOST of the readers are east of the Mississippi. WHATEVER. I'll say it AGAIN..."It's great to dispose of your gum". :lol:

Latest posts

Back