With A Flunky Judge Like This...

Jan 7, 2004
Red Planet
Visit site
This is outragious! The ENDLESS extentions CONTINUE:

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/050617/airlines_un...ivity.html?.v=1

"UA's guardian angel, er, bankruptcy judge, the criminally benevolent Eugene Wedoff ( :down: ) once again gives UAL a mulligan by extending their exclusivity of a reorganization plan to Sept 1. Out of control.

Amazing how that happens just when the sabres start rattling with a potential competitive bid for control starting to happen.

Out of control. In bankruptcy since Dec 2002 no less with no clue, no end in sight, and an industry-foundation shaking get out of jail free card in being able to terminate their pensions. And people wonder why there's so much acrimony toward UAL...." :down:

nbnw,

Well let's see UAL just got the agreement with the IAM and the vote is not finalized. There is not guarantee that the competing bids would guarantee debtor value so I believe the judge is acting in good faith. If you have a problem with then perhaps you could express your displeasure to the court. Make a trip and be heard. Otherwise STFU.

With the scabs lining up to take your jobs at NWA I would be a little reticent about boohooing UAL. UAL ain't going away or staying is not going to save your bacon. Can't wait to see how many they get to take the jobs.

Both of you are prime examples of why Ual should have been shut down long ago. Losers hoping for company while STEALING from vendors. All the while expecting other airline employees to "feel" sorry for you. Take your endless extentions /depressed wages/repo'ed planes and S'emUYA! (decipher that) :mf_boff:

"Can't wait to see how many they get to take the jobs." Can't wait to see how fast Ual is liquidated when they are FORCED out of BK>
:jerry:

Since this BK-related posting was on the NW board I thought you were encouraging a CH11 filing.

(btw, i don't work for UA or any other airline, so much for your assumptions....)

Hey, maybe NW will file CH11 and then yer sorry carcass can be stapled below those USAir folks when a healthy LCC saves your airline)

Not every airline that faces financial difficulties have to steal from vendors..employees by going bankrupt. Bankrupt carriers have come to believe (delusional) that they have paved the path that all must follow. Neither may be around long enough (after BK) to bragg about stealing. Ual's hiding in BK because they would be liquidated (with oil this high) if they exit and try to compete with REAL airlines that pay their bills. That Judge should be removed from the bench. I hope the petition sent to Congress regarding the endless "extentions" send him to the un employment line.

"Hey, maybe NW will file CH11 and then yer sorry carcass can be stapled below those USAir folks when a healthy LCC saves your airline" (another airline wannabe that doesn't know JacK Sh@3 about the business)

You certainly got it correct when you used the word carcass...there's been two of em sucking the entire industry down a sewer for almost 3 years now. With a little help from a FLUNKY JUDGE,

North by Northworst:

You love to make United the scapegoat for your own misery. There is nothing inherently wrong with a company the size of United Airlines using the legal means available to any corporation to re-organize.

Correct me if I am wrong, but America West limbered in Chapter 11 for nearly 3 years back in 1991...a company I might add...that is a fraction of UAL's size, scope, and revenue base. You seem to take United's reorganization personally.

They were the first, they won't be the last. Much better, if you ask me, to use the tools available and for as long as is needed than rush through the Chapter 11 process and have to do it all over again, a la USAir.

The industry is undergoing a market correction. UAL's stay in Chapter 11 has little, if any, to do with the downward pressure on your wages. The latter can be attributed to market forces at work in the form of a large pool of labor and skill-sets that are more easily replaceable in a global economy.

I do find it amusing that you base your personal well-being on the actions of United Airlines. If history serves me correctly, after the fallout from 9/11, it was Northworst who was the industry spoiler when the legacies tried to initiate industry-wide fare increases on repeated occassions. Look in the mirror, NBNW.

Good day.

North by Northwest said:
...if they exit and try to compete with REAL airlines
[post="278031"][/post]​

Let's see...no audio, no movies, no pillows, no pretzels, no magazines, buy-on-board junk....and you're implying Northworst is a REAL airline? :huh:

Hmmm...

JAMAKE1 said:
Let's see...no audio, no movies, no pillows, no pretzels, no magazines, buy-on-board junk....and you're implying Northworst is a REAL airline? :huh:

Hmmm...
[post="278054"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JA MOKE1,

It does'nt take a lot of "intestinal fortitude" to break balls on a carrier(like NW) who's "paying their way", while UA stays firmly attatched to the "teat".

Ah but, no matter.

(Hypothetically) if NW were to be worn down ($$$) by the freeloaders from Elk Grove Village, it would,nt be CO, or DL that would "instantly" be in NW's corner. It would be the folks from "DFW"
AND a combo like AA+ NW, would be the LAST thing UA would want a piece of !!!!

Hell, AA is very close to turning a profit despite the "TEAT" airlines, who STILL can't make money, while not paying a friggin' $$ bill !!

??????

NH/BB's

JAMAKE1 said:

Hmmm...
[post="278054"][/post]​

And the joke is on you...dear friend, please seek help. You are commenting on an airline, NORTHWEST, that has operated SUCCESSFULLY out of BANKRUPTCY for decades while pretending Ual is a success?

How bout I sum up United Airlines like this...BROKE and STEALING/NO MONEY! Try operating like NWA and you might be able to pay some bills instead of STEALING from everyone that has ever dealt with United. But then again...you see United as something in a fantasy. BANKRUPT UNITED is a CANCER to the entire industry. Gangreen that needs to be put out of it's misery before it does anymore damage to the surviving carriers.

Better to remove amenities from the plane than to have them and not be able to pay for them....that's called STEALING DA. That seems to be acceptable to you and a few others. You probably support the theft of retirees pensions as well. You fit right in with your predicament. Better hope oil comes down before Sept. I think you have seen the last of the "one more extention"...with the FLUNKY JUDGE. :stupid:

Let's see...no audio, no movies, no pillows, no pretzels, no magazines, buy-on-board junk....and you're implying Northworst is a REAL airline

All the items you mentioned cost money. It's called cutting costs and avoiding a trip to BK Land. Something that UA was unable to do. Funny how you call names especially since you work for the world's largest LCC with paychecks to match. BTW how many orders has UAL placed for the B787?

With two rounds of concessions, my contract is STILL better than NWA's. How many PAID holidays do NWA flight attendants enjoy? Medical and dental benefits on voluntary furlough? Didn't think so...

Latest posts

Back