With A Flunky Judge Like This...

North by Northwest said:
NORTHWEST, that has operated SUCCESSFULLY out of BANKRUPTCY for decades...
[post="278071"][/post]​

Uh huh...so successfully that they are recruiting SCABS as we speak, not to mention the $600 million you folks surrendered to Al Checci a few years back, but whatever you say Northworst...

Bigsky said:
All the items you mentioned cost money.
[post="278073"][/post]​
[/quote

Try explaining that one to the full-fare business traveler that will pay the same premium fare for very little value in return....

You know what'd be funny?

A prepackaged section 363 bankruptcy asset sale ala AA/TWA.

NWAC has a market cap of $456 million as of todays close,$200 or so million dollars less than AMR paid for TWA five years ago...you could buy a hell of a lot for half a million dollars.

A purchasing entity could carve up NWAC rather neatly and rather quickly, realizing a complete recoup of their investment and then some when everything was said and done.

The Pacific operation alone would cover your initial investment...I'm sure Arpey at AMR would move heaven and earth to shake the resources loose for that...

I'm sure UPS or FedEx might be interested in freight operations in ANC as well as the freighter fleet..

WN, jetBlue,Spirit and Frontier would be all over DTW and MSP...

Not so much fun when people start slicing up your employer now is it? :blink:

LGA Fleet Service said:

NWAC has a market cap of $456 million as of todays close,$200 or so million dollars less than AMR paid for TWA five years ago...you could buy a hell of a lot for half a million dollars.
A purchasing entity could carve up NWAC rather neatly and rather quickly, realizing a complete recoup of their investment and then some when everything was said and done.

The Pacific operation alone would cover your initial investment...I'm sure Arpey at AMR would move heaven and earth to shake the resources loose for that...
I'm sure UPS or FedEx might be interested in freight operations in ANC as well as the freighter fleet..

WN, jetBlue,Spirit and Frontier would be all over DTW and MSP...
Not so much fun when people start slicing up your employer now is it? :blink:
[post="278128"][/post]​

You sure do have a lot of nerve dipping over here worried about NWA being "carved" up (the closes you will ever get to running the Pacific is if Ual goes under). You sound bitter that we've held out a few years longer than you? (concessions). Wanna talk market cap? Choose your battles wisely...Seems to me SW has the "market cap" to swallow AA like a gold fish. So, I wouldn't bragg too much about TWA. You had better hope to hell that AA doesn't piss SW off too much over the "Love" issue. :shock: "A purchasing entity could carve up NWAC rather neatly and rather quickly, realizing a complete recoup of their investment and then some when everything was said and done." SW could do JUST that and end the issue of "Love Field".

Just in case you haven't figured it out know...NORTHWEST is no TWA (or Eastern for that matter)...charlie. I would keep my mouth shut if I were you before you become the aquired. Now that wouldn't be too much fun would it?

If AMR came back to you for more money after NWA secures concessions. I'd keep my concerns at home rather than day dreaming about things that you can't afford. Until AA is out of the woods...you might want to keep a low profile. The biggest LCC Shark in the water is not too happy with AA ( you ) right now....now piss them off and then come on here and hypothize about how you'd "prepackaged section 363 bankruptcy asset sale ala AA/TWA." :shock:

LUV : Market Cap/ $11.2 Billion

AMR: Market Cap/ $2.1 Billion

I LUV talking Market Cap... don't you LGA :up: Southwest expects to add 34 new Boeing 737s next year. "I'm sure Arpey at AMR would move heaven and earth to shake the resources loose for that..." Yeah RRRRight...."American Airlines, losing money in a time of high fuel prices and fierce competition, is delaying the delivery of 54 jetliners from The Boeing Co. in a move that underscores the split between aging carriers and low-cost rivals such as Southwest." Redo the hat grasshopper...it won't fit the delusional ego.

It's all realative grasshopper...SW could make one hell of a profit...Latin America sell off...LHR sell off...then swallow Dallas whole. "A purchasing entity (SW)could carve up AMR rather neatly and rather quickly, realizing a complete recoup of their investment and then some when everything was said and done." Wonder if that has hit LUV headquarters yet? :lol:

I will tell you that I am highly respectfull that AA stayed OUT of BANKRUPTCY!
Hats off for making the sacrifices needed
...but you are NOT in a position to buy extra groceries let alone Northwest. Move along...

JAMAKE1,Jun 21 2005, 02:30 PM]
Bigsky said:
All the items you mentioned cost money.
[post="278073"][/post]​
[/quote

Try explaining that one to the full-fare business traveler that will pay the same premium fare for very little value in return....

Try explaining that one to the VENDORS you OWE money to! Come back after BK..

I am not so sure NWA will avoid bankruptcy...debt ratings lowered yet again today. For the record, I don't wish it upon your company or anybody else, but you seem to continually rant about United's bankruptcy proceedings and how they are screwing you...it's a bit small-minded on your part and I am only dishing back what you dose out.

When you vocally wish for my airline's liquidation, expect to be called on the carpet. I have a request...can you talk TO me, rather than AT me? You come on a little too strong for my sensibilities...

Thanks.

P.S. Happy Gay Pride Week!

LGA Fleet Service said:
I cant argue with logic like that NxNW, I concede the field of battle to you.

All hail NWAC,mightiest and healthiest of the legacy carriers (From NxNW "one resorts to sarcasm when one feels found out"). :blink:

WN buying AA for spite...LOL...funniest thing I've read in a long time.(From: NxNW:'read some of your own postings you might laugh more often)"
[post="278157"][/post]​

Dear Friend...it is not I whom pumped up "market cap" (mighty AA). Along with Norhtwest being split (what was it you peacocked about..a la TWA BK package) up so AA can get their hands on the Pacific (we pioneered'em)...now there's a laugh. Like I said ...we haven't outlasted all (for concessions) out of BK by being weak or stupid. I think your perception of AA in the world today does not reflect reality ( it is called morphed perception of ones true self).

"All hail NWAC,mightiest and healthiest of the legacy carriers" ( It appears from your rehash of the TWA purchase; that is how you view yourself *AA). WN buying AA for "spite"? The business idea of that thought scares ya (so you attempt to make light of it as IF WN could not)That is how you delude yourself. Many a competitor has been taken out with a purchase. In your mind it can only happen to NW, but not AA. You might get a surprise there one day, grasshopper.

And no ...YOU can't argue with logic like mine...cause in your reality you think AA runs the show. It disturbs you that Northwest (smaller) yet so damn determined to survive as THE major player in such an important part of the world (ASIA, where economies [GDP] will soon dwarf Europe and South America combined), where AA is not. Keep hoping for TWA LHR / Braniff:Eastern/ South America---NW Asia (we'd make a great team...as EQUALS). Don't hold your breath on that one. :wacko: :oops:

"You come on a little too strong for my sensibilities" (don't take it personally Jamake1)

You want delicate...get out of Bankruptcy ...then you can be taken seriously. I have ZERO interest in touchy feely Kum BA Ya parties when it comes to serious business...like money.

I don't have the time or interest to explain the downward pressure of TWO Bankrupt Major competitors on the wages of the entire industry. So, YEAH.. I do take it personally. Every discussion my Union has with my Company about CONCESSIONS I take PERSONALLY (and SO DOES MY PAY CHECK! Thank you UAL! :down:

Ual had better HOPE and PRAY that NORTHWEST DOES NOT go into BANKRUPTCY...cause you can take it to the bank that Ual would be run into the ground (liquidation) FOR SURE!

Do they drug test you guys?? Run into the ground if NW goes BK? LMAO....duh It's sad to see a grown man cry.....so stop.

LGA Fleet Service said:

NWAC has a market cap of $456 million as of todays close,$200 or so million dollars less than AMR paid for TWA five years ago...

[post="278128"][/post]​

:up: :up:

A far cry from the $100/share that the NWA CEO wanted from AMR when the two were dicussing an acquisition by AA in 2000. :D

Perhaps AA could offer $6 or $7 per share next week. :D :D

North by Northwest said:
Dear Friend...it is not I whom pumped up "market cap" (mighty AA). Along with Norhtwest being split (what was it you peacocked about..a la TWA BK package) up so AA can get their hands on the Pacific (we pioneered'em)...now there's a laugh. Like I said ...we haven't outlasted all (for concessions) out of BK by being weak or stupid. I think your perception of AA in the world today does not reflect reality ( it is called morphed perception of ones true self).

Dear Friend, mayhaps you should go back and reread my post.I never said it would be AMR buying NWAC in a prepack 363 bankruptcy.I merely pointed out it would be ironic if that were to happen to you after all of your crowing about NWAC being so big and bad ass.I did say that in a hypothetical situation like that AMR would pull out all the stops in order to secure the Pacific operations.

North by Northwest said:
( It appears from your rehash of the TWA purchase; that is how you view yourself *AA). WN buying AA for "spite"? The business idea of that thought scares ya (so you attempt to make light of it as IF WN could not)That is how you delude yourself. Many a competitor has been taken out with a purchase. In your mind it can only happen to NW, but not AA. You might get a surprise there one day, grasshopper.

Was it not you who claimed WN, the "LCC shark" would get PO'ed over the Wright battle and simply buy AMR to end the matter once and for all?

WN could purchase EVERY legacy carrier in the United States and still have several billion dollars left after doing so.Why exactly would they do that grasshopper? :rolleyes:

No, I cant argue with logic like yours because you are the message board equivalent of an eight year old putting his fingers in his ears and going "Nah Nah Nah Nah I can't hear you!" when you read something you dont like, and going off the reservation spewing nonsensical crap.

You call me a whacko, yet you rail about United "Stealing Money" and call them "Gangreen" and a "Cancer" that should be eradicated and call for their liquidation. :blink:

Look in the mirror before you start tossing the whacko comments around...

LGA Fleet Service said:
Was it not you who claimed WN, the "LCC shark" would get PO'ed over the Wright battle and simply buy AMR to end the matter once and for all?(SW would LUV to have Dallas ALL TO THEMSELVES)

WN could purchase EVERY legacy carrier in the United States and still have several billion dollars left after doing so.Why exactly would they do that(for the SAME reason you speculate that almighty AA could buy NW (prepackage BK deal was it) because of it's "market cap") grasshopper? :rolleyes:

No, I cant argue with logic like yours because you are the message board (dear LGA, you are the message board commentor full of BS who gets upset when he gets fired back at " I want my mommy") equivalent of an eight year old putting his fingers in his ears and going "Nah Nah Nah Nah I can't hear you!" when you read something you dont like(alittle familiar) , and going off the reservation spewing nonsensical crap (like your[LGA] hypothitical BS). (I am an eight year old ...Because I don't agree with someone telling me how they could "carve" up my airline cause they don't like how we operate. You are right about one thing...SW could buy your a$$ as an appitizer)

You came over here with one reason...NOT to add anything FACTUAL. You can't stand it cause you are not the big bad a$$ you think you are in the business. Don't like what I say over here keep your "hypothiticals" directed to AA.

You call me a whacko, yet you rail about United "Stealing Money" and call them "Gangreen" and a "Cancer" that should be eradicated and call for their liquidation. :blink: (and this is un true...how?)

Look in the mirror before you start tossing the whacko comments around...
[post="278205"][/post]​

LGA,You got THAT right grasshopper!

"I merely pointed out it would be ironic if that were to happen to you after all of your crowing about NWAC being so big and bad ass" (and how is AA being taken out by SW different? Can they not afford you? Would they not LUV to have Dallas all to themselves? Would they not make a handsome profit selling off LHR/ South America? Would that not leave them #1 domestically? I see...YOUR reasoning only applies to NW cause you can't stand how they operate and that they have survived. Gotcha! Now go let mommy wipe your tears.)Actually...I pointed out that NWA was a survivor (based on skill). I believe it was you that "crowed" about how Bad A$$ AA was and alluded to it's almighty power by taking over a bankrupt and helpless TWA. Now stomp your feet wacko and don't break the mirror.

FWAAA said:
:up: :up:

A far cry from the $100/share that the NWA CEO wanted from AMR when the two were dicussing an acquisition by AA in 2000. :D

Perhaps AA could offer $6 or $7 per share next week. :D :D
[post="278203"][/post]​

AA couldn't offer $6 dollars for airplanes right now, but SW sure could find the pocket change to have Dallas all to it's self. :up: :up:

Fly said:
Do they drug test you guys??  Run into the ground if NW goes BK?  LMAO....duh  It's sad to see a grown man cry.....so stop.
[post="278200"][/post]​

Do you understand downward cost pressure? Do you really think NW would go into BK just to equal Ual's cost? NW most definately would undercut Ual's costs for the same advantage Ual has enjoyed in Bankruptcy.

In all seriousness FLY...what is sad is a grown women with an avitar like yours. Highly representitive of maturity.

I just love intelligent debate...as rare as it is on here.

Back