WN Mechanics seek mediation

So let me get this straight Brett complaining to the media about mechanics being fatigued in the SWA operational emergency, can't get their kids. Now he is complaining about mechanics not called for overtime. Almost sounds like the brilliant Family week plan. Talk about double talk. Go Figure! :)
Wow! Crow is right, you really are management aren't you? Pathetic. Once again---I am done with you...

There are a lot of miserable people on this board. They are the ones that start trying to bully everyone that doesn't agree with them. If you are so miserable please do all of us Mechanics that do all of the work a favor and quit.

driver what they are saying is that SWA has declared an operational emergency where they claim they need all hands on deck and yet the Union is saying that they can prove there is no emergency because the Company is not calling in all the people who signed up for OT.
No what I am saying is you can't have it both ways claim fatigued that you can't work, and then complain about no overtime. SWA is pulling the levers we put in place for them. So the only card we have to play is compliance, or try to make them look bad. You know that Weeazz. If you at the history of AMFA and Northwest this was the same stuff that transpired before the strike. Unfortunately we have the ex Northwest management that dealt with all this.

Wow! Crow is right, you really are management aren't you? Pathetic. Once again---I am done with you...
Nope not management my friend. I am a union member that is tired of the same old Bullshit from the company and the union. My union AMFA is my lawyer that is failing to bring me a contract. SWA is a my company that is holding the money with stipulations. So both in reality are against me in this game. Is that clear enough for the people on these forums.

giphy.gif

No what I am saying is you can't have it both ways claim fatigued that you can't work, and then complain about no overtime. SWA is pulling the levers we put in place for them. So the only card we have to play is compliance, or try to make them look bad. You know that Weeazz. If you at the history of AMFA and Northwest this was the same stuff that transpired before the strike. Unfortunately we have the ex Northwest management that dealt with all this.

Again what the Union is pointing out is that SWA is full of chit if they’re declaring an all hands on deck and a ton of guys signed up to come up on deck and the Captain told them to remain belowdecks.

If that’s true then SWA is trying to set up your Union for a fall.

Your Union claims they have the list of all the people who signed up and weren’t called so if the Company tries to file an injunction against AMFA for a work stoppage or sues you for lost revenue it’s not going to stand up in Court.

Why right now I have to believe AMFA is because the Company has not filed that injunction. If Management had a leg to stand on I can guarantee you that filing would be immediate.

No your Company is trying to divert attention away from those CBS News reports and the other issues they’re having right now.

They’re trying to make AMFA the scapegoat.

Again what the Union is pointing out is that SWA is full of chit if they’re declaring an all hands on deck and a ton of guys signed up to come up on deck and the Captain told them to remain belowdecks.

If that’s true then SWA is trying to set up your Union for a fall.

Your Union claims they have the list of all the people who signed up and weren’t called so if the Company tries to file an injunction against AMFA for a work stoppage or sues you for lost revenue it’s not going to stand up in Court.

Why right now I have to believe AMFA is because the Company has not filed that injunction. If Management had a leg to stand on I can guarantee you that filing would be immediate.

No your Company is trying to divert attention away from those CBS News reports and the other issues they’re having right now.

They’re trying to make AMFA the scapegoat.
There is overtime called in the non emergency stations everyday This is divided and conquered techniques from the company. Like I said Weazz this is the same failed tactics AMFA tried you use against Northwest. I had a friend of mine in Maintenance control that said he had a Fed behind him watching him for 3 hours, made a comment to him about being compliant. The company is watching this, we need to be respectful and do our jobs.

Last edited:
During a declared "operational emergency", with mandatory "all hands on deck", mechanics requesting to cancel vacation are being denied. What would you call that?

It's called showing us they run the show. Herb is dead, and we are a Legacy carrier . It will be a fun ride.
I seriously doubt a couple thousand mechanics are going to bring a 30 billion dollar company to its knees. You can bet the 5 stations that are on the company sh**list are showing up according to their scheduled annual bid times and days.

There is overtime called in the non emergency stations everyday This is divided and conquered techniques from the company. Like I said Weazz this is the same failed tactics AMFA tried you use against Northwest. I had a friend of mine in Maintenance control that said he had a Fed behind him watching him for 3 hours, made a comment to him about being compliant. The company is watching this, we need to be respectful and do our jobs.

driver if this was TWU, IAM or IBT I’d see it the same way.

Management is trying to use AMFA as a scapegoat for its current troubles. Aircraft is being taken out of service because of those CBS reports and instead of the Company admitting they have Maintenance problems they’re trying to claim that you guys are causing chaos.

Simple reason I’m NOT buying it is because Management has not filed any injunction against AMFA.

To me it’s as simple as that.

driver if this was TWU, IAM or IBT I’d see it the same way.

Management is trying to use AMFA as a scapegoat for its current troubles. Aircraft is being taken out of service because of those CBS reports and instead of the Company admitting they have Maintenance problems they’re trying to claim that you guys are causing chaos.

Simple reason I’m NOT buying it is because Management has not filed any injunction against AMFA.

To me it’s as simple as that.
Weazz there is some truth in that. We are trying to be compliant. The company is playing hardball and AMFA is staying at the edge of the envelope. SWA will see if they can build a case, or if filing would make the situation worse. As long as we stay in the scope of the task cards we are fine. SWA weighs every decision , before they pull the trigger.

Weazz there is some truth in that. We are trying to be compliant. The company is playing hardball and AMFA is staying at the edge of the envelope. SWA will see if they can build a case, or if filing would make the situation worse. As long as we stay in the scope of the task cards we are fine. SWA weighs every decision , before they pull the trigger.
SWA has already pulled the trigger. They fired a couple of rounds over the bow. Never give your enemy info. OTS page gone. Next, no trades, giveaways, floaters or vacations. Call in sick, better have a doctors note or you are canned. Overtime at some stations has dried up.

SWA has already pulled the trigger. They fired a couple of rounds over the bow. Never give your enemy info. OTS page gone. Next, no trades, giveaways, floaters or vacations. Call in sick, better have a doctors note or you are canned. Overtime at some stations has dried up.
As soon as they figure out which groups of mechanics orchestrated by the book task cards , and feel they have a legitimate case, they will file, or fire them, and make AMFA spend the money to rehire them, or fight an injunction, if they choose to file it. When stuff starts coming up in message to the field, and supervision has closed door meetings everyday about out of service aircraft, watch out gentlemen.

Back