WN Mechanics seek mediation

I know people's nature, it's easy to hide in a forum and talk all tough. It's another thing to turn down 53 54 an hour and strike, or cause problems. You say the pilots group and TWU backs us, you start cutting into their profit sharing and retirement, they will drop you after a while. We have been this for over 6 years, you don't think they could replace you in all that time. I guarantee Landon to telling Gary turn me loose I beat AMFA once, I will beat them again. When they fired the guy from Dallas look how long it took AMFA to get his job back. The company could be real mean if they wanted too and fire say 20% of the guys they are blaming for the slow down. They did that and told AMFA to spend the money to get them back, the write ups would drop. Because people would wonder if they were next. Then you could say the culture is gone, and we are truly just like the other legacy airlines.

TWU as an organization will not abandon you in your fight. Some in the rank and file at your Airline can’t be spoken for though. That’s going to be up to the TWU Local Leadership how strongly they voice their support and convince their membership that your fight is a just one.

There will be some that feel you were greedy to turn down your last offer though and that can’t be denied.

I know people's nature, it's easy to hide in a forum and talk all tough. It's another thing to turn down 53 54 an hour and strike, or cause problems. You say the pilots group and TWU backs us, you start cutting into their profit sharing and retirement, they will drop you after a while. We have been this for over 6 years, you don't think they could replace you in all that time. I guarantee Landon to telling Gary turn me loose I beat AMFA once, I will beat them again. When they fired the guy from Dallas look how long it took AMFA to get his job back. The company could be real mean if they wanted too and fire say 20% of the guys they are blaming for the slow down. They did that and told AMFA to spend the money to get them back, the write ups would drop. Because people would wonder if they were next. Then you could say the culture is gone, and we are truly just like the other legacy airlines.
You just don't get it do you? There is not going to be a strike. I have no clue why you think that. Just because in 2005 there was a strike at another airline does not mean we will strike here. Get all that crap out of your head, it's not going to happen.
Boy you are just itching to see some of your fellow workers fired.
We are already there driver. And also just as big as the legacies.

You just don't get it do you? There is not going to be a strike. I have no clue why you think that. Just because in 2005 there was a strike at another airline does not mean we will strike here. Get all that crap out of your head, it's not going to happen.
Boy you are just itching to see some of your fellow workers fired.
We are already there driver. And also just as big as the legacies.
I never said there would be a strike, no I don't want anyone fired. I want AMFA replaced, if they can't get a deal that will ever pass. Simple as that. If they are successful then they should stay. If the company wants to be assholes they can. If they perceive that we are in their way, they will. New company with Herb gone.

I never said there would be a strike, no I don't want anyone fired. I want AMFA replaced, if they can't get a deal that will ever pass. Simple as that. If they are successful then they should stay. If the company wants to be assholes they can. If they perceive that we are in their way, they will. New company with Herb gone.
The membership has been very patient for 6 1/2 years. It’s starting to wear out.

The membership has been very patient for 6 1/2 years. It’s starting to wear out.

I was trying to answer Swampy accusations of a strike , I have always stated what the company would do if the turn Landon Nitschke loose. So I don't know what the long term answer is. Everyone has to judge AMFA if they think they are viable or not.

I was trying to answer Swampy accusations of a strike , I have always stated what the company would do if the turn Landon Nitschke loose. So I don't know what the long term answer is. Everyone has to judge AMFA if they think they are viable or not.
LN is an extension of GK. I have zero faith that SWA wants this settled. We shall clearly find out with these March meetings. If I’m wrong great. I want to be wrong. But I think I’m not.

LN is an extension of GK. I have zero faith that SWA wants this settled. We shall clearly find out with these March meetings. If I’m wrong great. I want to be wrong. But I think I’m not.
I believe it will be. I just think not everyone will be happy. Most people will just say let's vote and move on. If the leadership thinks SWA will bankrupt AMFA, if they don't, they will capitulate, and that will be our contract. They have already said no strike vote, the overtime ban didn't work. The by the book , got Gary's attention, so that will be it.

I believe it will be. I just think not everyone will be happy. Most people will just say let's vote and move on. If the leadership thinks SWA will bankrupt AMFA, if they don't, they will capitulate, and that will be our contract. They have already said no strike vote, the overtime ban didn't work. The by the book , got Gary's attention, so that will be it.
If we are going to be given a sh**sandwich to vote on, AMFA failed and should be removed. If we hear them say this is the best we could do, after all these years, ANFA has no business representing us.

If we are going to be given a sh**sandwich to vote on, AMFA failed and should be removed. If we hear them say this is the best we could do, after all these years, ANFA has no business representing us.
Unfortunately AMFA has put us in this position by shooting the first deal down. SWA can sue you to where you can no longer function as a union, because you have no reserve money. They can't call a strike vote, because they need us working to bring dues money in. We have 4 million we have paid in legal fees to Seham for these lawsuits and negotiations. We had an 800 come in tonight with like 12 mels, for cabin items. I have never seen that in my life. It's one thing for safety of flight dents, cracks, corrosion, or hydraulic , or fuel leaks. But if a judge got a hold of that, case closed. So we will get as good as we can. Or we will continue to make 2012 wages.

Unfortunately AMFA has put us in this position by shooting the first deal down. SWA can sue you to where you can no longer function as a union, because you have no reserve money. They can't call a strike vote, because they need us working to bring dues money in. We have 4 million we have paid in legal fees to Seham for these lawsuits and negotiations. We had an 800 come in tonight with like 12 mels, for cabin items. I have never seen that in my life. It's one thing for safety of flight dents, cracks, corrosion, or hydraulic , or fuel leaks. But if a judge got a hold of that, case closed. So we will get as good as we can. Or we will continue to make 2012 wages.
I seen one the other day with 19 Mx notes. 4 million in legal fees! Heck why would he ever want to end negotiations? According to the 2017 LM-2, 4 million is AMFA’s total receipts for the year. Not good.

I seen one the other day with 19 Mx notes. 4 million in legal fees! Heck why would he ever want to end negotiations? According to the 2017 LM-2, 4 million is AMFA’s total receipts for the year. Not good.
4 million is for the last 6.5 years. When the judge fined American Airlines pilots , and they settled with the judge it took all the unions reserves, then the got a shitty contract, because Sept 11 th came. I am in local 4 out of Chicago , my local only has $500,000 in reserves. We **** canned Cramer out of BWI, and voted in Dan Burgess as our new ALR for local 4, poor Dan inherited a **** sandwich, from Cramer, he's doing the best he can. I am tired of people not seeing the mess created. But I am the bad guy for wanting the Teamsters back.

4 million is for the last 6.5 years. When the judge fined American Airlines pilots , and they settled with the judge it took all the unions reserves, then the got a shitty contract, because Sept 11 th came. I am in local 4 out of Chicago , my local only has $500,000 in reserves. We **** canned Cramer out of BWI, and voted in Dan Burgess as our new ALR for local 4, poor Dan inherited a **** sandwich, from Cramer, he's doing the best he can. I am tired of people not seeing the mess created. But I am the bad guy for wanting the Teamsters back.
I surprised AMFA hasn’t jacked our dues up yet. Probably coming sooner or later.

We had an 800 come in tonight with like 12 mels, for cabin items. I have never seen that in my life. It's one thing for safety of flight dents, cracks, corrosion, or hydraulic , or fuel leaks. But if a judge got a hold of that, case closed. So we will get as good as we can. Or we will continue to make 2012 wages.

Well, if your paperwork required you to look at those cabin items and you didn't document any discrepancies you found, you would not be doing your job. You would be what they call..........non-compliant.

Last edited:
Well, if your paperwork required you to look at those cabin items and you didn't write up any discrepancies you found, you would not be doing your job. You would be what they call..........non-compliant.
Foot give me a break, that's what the cabin visit is for. All these items was from a MV1.

Back