Worst Sequence and Line on the May bidsheet

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
Just for fun, let's see who can come up with the worst sequence and line for May. I'll start.
In St. Louis
Worst Sequence: 2-day trip worth 17.38 hours with a layover of less than 10 hours on the first day. 4 legs each day. By the way, there is no Pay&Credit on the sequence. It's all flight time. On duty 12.57 the first day and 13 the second. (Now, I know that there are those of you out there who think "Fabulous, work 8 days and be done!" Just so you will know, this sequence is stuck around the bid sheet on various lines. No line does it more than once. Personally, I think this is way too much like working for a living. :lol: )

Worst Line: Turn line with 1 day on, 2 days off all month. Granted, it's only 9 days on, but it is not commutable on either end, and something like 80% of St. Louis are commuters.

If it was a line for the month I would be on that so fast.

Two months ago I had a 20 hour 2 day pure bid. Worked Sunday monday all month. MIA-BOS-SJU-TPA next day TPA-SJU-BOS-MIA. best thing kept the same plane the whole trip.

I agree it sucks to just load it a piece on to everyline. There are plenty of people who would love it for the month.

the worst line is the line of life under the DUBYA administration. Rich Get Richer
poor get poorer and middle class moving in with the poor.

So i guess that makes it the Rich and the Poor only....wow kind of sounds like a third world country

the worst line is the line of life under the DUBYA administration. Rich Get Richer
poor get poorer and middle class moving in with the poor.
So i guess that makes it the Rich and the Poor only....wow kind of sounds like a third world country

Did you hear about the new soup flavor from Campbell's?

It's called Dubya. It consists of a weenie in hot water.

Worst Line: Turn line with 1 day on, 2 days off all month. Granted, it's only 9 days on, but it is not commutable on either end, and something like 80% of St. Louis are commuters.
Looks good to me, as someone who will not be commuting once I get back and into LGA. One on two off looks better than what I'm doing now.

Here's a worse line:

Mon - off
Tues - Home Depot 1800-2300
Wed - Home Depot 1800-2300
Thurs - off
Fri - Home Depot 1800-2300
Sat - 1400-2300
Sun - 1100-2000

Total hrs - 31. No pay and credit, no expense money. Total pay before taxes, $364.25, or about what a long turn would pay.

MK

Its all relative to your own preference of flying. I would rather hold an 8 day line any day. I also live at base and fly high time so the extra days off are more valueable to me than a longer layover. Once in a while its nice to have a 24 hr layover but those are few and far between anyway.

For the best, I am going to go with a 3 day, 27.45 PVG seq. and a 83.15 9 day month of 3 pure PVG trips.

For the best, I am going to go with a 3 day, 27.45 PVG seq. and a 83.15 9 day month of 3 pure PVG trips.
As they say in East Texas, you are just showin' out. :lol: With my 5-hour minimum time turns to RSW and LGA, I would have to work 17 days to get that many hours.

(I won't live long enough to hold anything even close to a 9-day line. :( )

==========================================================

Does "this" mean the IOR folks are NOT "beating the door down" to overnite in New Delhi India ??? :shock:

NH/BB's

I'll wine, and I'll dine, but I never whine. There's nothing like the real world to make you appreciate how good you guys still have it, even after all the concessions.

MK

MK

My reply was for the first post. Sorry for the confusion.

good luck

NHBB,

There are the few that really like it, me included. Most middle of the pack and junior people that can't hold it like to pick them up. The real problem is that it technically is a 4 day and is an all-nighter BOTH ways. It is just starting to show a little light on the way home. But still not full daylight. Another problem is that you don't get a pure bid. They might have a carryover trip that is DEl, otherwise it is 2 DEL and 1 LHR. Still not bad, just not worth as much as PVG or NRT and more days on. DEL still is senior to most trips though, which is what I think you were trying to get at.

Back